Author Topic: More typical police state behavior in Iowa  (Read 2718 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
More typical police state behavior in Iowa
« on: February 04, 2014, 10:20:54 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2014/02/04/scenes-from-a-militarized-america-iowa-family-terrorized//?print=1

Woman says she is "Affraid of the police".  Well, that seems entirely logical.

From the link - "From the perspective of the people inside, there’s really no difference between this sort of 'knock and announce' and a no-knock raid."

Aye, and the cops are lucky none of their merry band was carried to the morgue.  But had it gone that way, well, we know how that would go.

Cops got SWAT, and they eager to use 'em.  You terrorists are OK, it's those credit card thieves that pose a real danger!

The idiot signing that search warrant should have his/her door kicked in and their ass dragged out into the street!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: More typical police state behavior in Iowa
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 10:40:49 PM »
I just can't even watch these videos anymore. It's something every day it seems. Forget "we're turning into a police state", we're there already. What else can you call it?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 06:55:28 AM »
Yup, that's why I went with a present tense thread title.  It is here, it has been here, and it is getting worse.  Well, maybe not worse per se, but the volume is increasing and making it appear to be more prevalent...soon the sheeple will see it as normal and no big deal, eh?

Not me, I'm no sheeple!

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 10:42:36 AM »
There is always room in these kind of things to say, "maybe I don't know the full story,"

until the cop destroys a video camera.   ::rockets::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 10:45:36 AM »
NEW DETAILS: Ankeny Police Responds After Raid

Not really any new details.  They're falling back on how one of the people had a criminal record, and that excused the excess.  Oh, and the Redbox movie.

Ankeny police would not address why the officer ripped the security camera from the wall.

Un-American cowards never do address what  they do, do they?

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 10:59:22 AM »
Blah blah blah....followed procedure....blah blah blah....officer safety....blah blah blah.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 11:28:47 AM »
Yeah, and umm, the clowns they were looking for were NOT there and the arrests they made (wink wink) were "unrelated" to the intent of the search warrant.

At which time I flinch and scream "You fukkin idiot, that WAS the purpose of the warrant...it's a dowhateverthefukcyouwantandgetawaywithit blanket authorization"!  They know this, the judges signing these damned things know this!

It is why the judge and the cops pulling this crap should have their doors kicked in and learn what fun it is first hand!

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 12:38:22 PM »
Yeah, and umm, the clowns they were looking for were NOT there and the arrests they made (wink wink) were "unrelated" to the intent of the search warrant.

At which time I flinch and scream "You fukkin idiot, that WAS the purpose of the warrant...it's a dowhateverthefukcyouwantandgetawaywithit blanket authorization"!  They know this, the judges signing these damned things know this!

It is why the judge and the cops pulling this crap should have their doors kicked in and learn what fun it is first hand!

What constitutes "Unreasonable Search and Seizure"?
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 04:03:10 PM »
In modern police state America, nothing.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 07:28:38 AM »
In modern police state America, nothing.

Sadly, this is true.

I call it the fogline lie.  Named after the fictitious infraction your average cop can employ as a reason to pull you over and see what he can find.

And the paperhanging puppets in judicial and political offices are in on it...governmental entities need other revenue sources and fees, fines, forfeitures and seizures fill that bill...and since newly minted lawyers become DA's and/or politicans and DA's become judges/politicians...the whole system is designed as a judicial-political vehicle to power, wealth and control.

But hey, people think they are still in control and think they are free, so...all is well, eh?!

/

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 10:57:31 AM »
More details:

As one of the home's occupants had a carry permit, though he wasn't the warrant's target, "dynamic entry" was indicated.  ::snort::

And, despite the cops having no written policy regarding security cameras, it is apparently department procedure to disable exterior cameras. Contradictory much?  Aside from the point that they destroyed the interior cameras as well.

FUBAR.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 11:35:38 AM »
Reportard: "Why does this lady have all those cameras anyway?"

Are you sh!tting me? WTF is the matter with your brain?! Were you dropped on your head as a child? How many times?

This attempt to relativize or rationalize away the wrongness of the JBT's enrages me. It doesn't matter one whit whether or not she had cameras, barbed wire, or a friggin moat! If this can happen to her it can happen to you fukstick.

...and people wonder why I mounted my cameras in hardened enclosures.

::devil::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 11:58:40 AM »
You got barbed wire and a moat too!   ::whoohoo::

I'm so jealous!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2014, 12:20:08 PM »
Reportard: "Why does this lady have all those cameras anyway?"

Are you sh!tting me? WTF is the matter with your brain?! Were you dropped on your head as a child? How many times?

This attempt to relativize or rationalize away the wrongness of the JBT's enrages me. It doesn't matter one whit whether or not she had cameras, barbed wire, or a friggin moat! If this can happen to her it can happen to you fukstick.

...and people wonder why I mounted my cameras in hardened enclosures.

::devil::

Considering your ire, I'm sorry but I lol'd.

To your point, however, I've seen an increasing trend in the questioning of how/what/where/why private citizens legally conduct their affairs, as though we're all guilty of something nefarious until proven innocent.  I recently read (somewhere) a sentiment along the lines of "just because you haven't broken a law today, it doesn't mean you won't tomorrow".

eta:  Aha!  Found it:

http://www.saysuncle.com/2014/02/05/quote-of-the-day-346/
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 12:42:31 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2014, 08:03:15 PM »
Hahaha.

My older brother has always been the lawnarder kinda guy - always respectful of the law, the system, and the establishment. He and I have had tons of disagreements because I was a born cynic and a fringe-dweller. For the last few years I have had the disquieting sensation that I am (at best) an outlaw who has managed one more day of painting within the lines.