Author Topic: No lunch for you, spawn of deadbeats!  (Read 2006 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
No lunch for you, spawn of deadbeats!
« on: January 31, 2014, 11:45:28 AM »
Dang, why can't this work for on the FSA?!?!?!   ::whoohoo::

http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=223411

Allz ur kidz belongz 2 uz!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
Re: No lunch for you, spawn of deadbeats!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 12:51:45 PM »
I bet you they will still be charging parents for the lunches they took (and then threw out ::facepalm::)from those kids.

It's neither the kids fault (and even deadbeat parents) that the district computer system is too stupid to tell who owes.......I understand the bill should be paid,  but do it in a less  dumbass way!!!

And people think I am the wacko,  when I say that schools need to get out of the food service,  social work and the numerous other non educational nonsense that are clearly not the schools business to be begin with and take away from what schools are supposed to be for,,,,,, you know,,,,,,,,,,,,that education thingy........

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 01:51:31 PM »
The workers then took those lunches from the students and threw them away, he said, because once food is served to one student it can’t be served to another.

So, rather than let the kids eat, the food was wasted.  "Who does that?!", I exclaimed to Gunsmith.

"Government".

On Wednesday, district spokesman Jason Olsen said a district child nutrition manager decided to take the lunches away from the kids. He has since said the district is investigating exactly who made the decision.

It was not immediately clear whether the cafeteria manager’s supervisor is a district or school employee.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57477909-78/district-lunches-leave-iframe.html.csp

So, let me get this straight:  a district CHILD NUTRITION MANAGER made the decision, but the cafeteria manager and another staffer are put on leave.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 01:56:45 PM »
Mean people with a tiny, tiny bit of power and no brains.

How is dumping the lunches going to get the money paid?

A letter to parents saying your child won't be served would probably be more effective.

Brains are in such short supply.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 02:12:28 PM »
Comment #1 @ IOTW:
"They would never do that to kids whose breakfast, lunch and dinner we subsidize."

Indeed.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 02:53:04 PM »
It's a good thing my kids are out of school. I'd be in jail for fighting the schools on this shytt.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 03:33:52 PM »
When I was in elementary school, I remember going through the cafeteria line and paying at the cashier with the money Mom and Dad had given me. I noticed that a lot of other students didn't pay though. Instead they just blurted out a number to the cashier, who logged it in a book.

That was one of my earliest introductions to the insidious nature of the welfare state, because those kids would grow up being literally incapable of understanding things any other way.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 03:39:46 PM »
When I was in elementary school, I remember going through the cafeteria line and paying at the cashier with the money Mom and Dad had given me. I noticed that a lot of other students didn't pay though. Instead they just blurted out a number to the cashier, who logged it in a book.

That was one of my earliest introductions to the insidious nature of the welfare state, because those kids would grow up being literally incapable of understanding things any other way.

The schools I attended back then had none of that crapola.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 05:59:13 PM »

Mine, too. We must have been in a rich neighborhood. Didn't seem like it at the time, though.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 06:38:14 PM »

Mine, too. We must have been in a rich neighborhood. Didn't seem like it at the time, though.

I knew there was such a thing as subsidized lunches but I didn't know who had them at school. Lunch was cheap any way--I thought the schools were probably subsidizing the total cost any way. Awful food.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 09:20:47 PM »
Neither my grade school or high school had or have cafeteria's.  Lunchboxes or brown bags.    Though they had hot lunches on Wednesday,  made by volunteers (mostly grandparents), at low cost,  no freebees.   Granted I went to private school. 

Really haven't understood why cafeteria's are even necessary.   Schools have enough to do as it is.  Why is it necessary to do all this non-education nonsense?    School employ far too many people doing nothing to do with eduction,  they shouldn't be operating food service, social services or have all these administrators that you can't figure out what they do all day.

Its telling how schools have changed and not for the better.   The public school my mom taught at was built in 1960.   12 classrooms, a gym with storage room, kitchen, stage and office for the gym teacher,  a teachers lounge and bathroom,  an open office for the secretary and one private office for the principal and a pair of restrooms.    Far from a fancy building, plain modernism,  brick and concrete,  no a/c , as nobody would put up with something fancy (I found an article about the construction of the building and people were questioning why a kitchen was included).   

When opened the school building employed 13 teachers, two janitors,  a secretary, a part time librarian and nurse (shared with other schools in the district) and the principal.   So 17 people and 2 that were sometimes there. 

That meant by the time my mom retired in 2005,  there was no "offices" for the full time school nurse, the second secretary, the THREE full time social workers, the one part timer, the full time librarian,  the IT guy,  the TWO assistant principals and one more janitor.   Plus one district person that didn't work for the school itself,  but worked out of the building (never did figure out what she did except annoy the hell out of the teaching staff, maybe an HR person or union hack?).    So 11 additional  non teaching staffers.   

So some of these people needed offices,  so the gym teacher loses his office and storage room (so his deck and equipment is in the gym itself),  the stage is divided up and the janitors lose two of the three janitors closets (so that equipment is in the hall too).   Oh,  the gym is also the place hot breakfasts lunches are served,  so the gym classes are scaled back.  No more programs can use the stage either.   

Oh,  by the way the building had decades of deferred maintenance.   It hadn't really been changed at all over the decades.  Except for sloppy paint jobs by very lazy union painter and dividing walls in the 12 classrooms when the small class size craze came around.  So there were more teachers, I believe 8 more.   

So they when from 17 full time+2 part timers in 1960 to 36full time + a part timer by the late 1990's. 

Oh,  by the way, the amount of students in the building in 1960,   600.   By the time the population of the employes doubling,   300.   HMMMMMMMMM

What have taxpayers gotten with all those new staffers?   In 1960,  the school district was one of the best in the state,  by 1990,  one of the worst (granted the neighborhood went from solid working class to non working poor). 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 03:48:35 PM by richb »

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2014, 02:48:19 AM »
Rich, now "brown bags" is a racial term. Seriously.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2014, 03:49:55 PM »
Rich, now "brown bags" is a racial term. Seriously.

I know!!!   Why do you think I like posting here,  I can be as un-PC as I want. 

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2014, 04:41:46 PM »
Oh, YEAH? Why you - - - - - - lemme get back to you, Rich!  ::laughonfloor::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 06:37:35 PM »
parents are happy to let the schools be their kids' babysitter and parent

our independent sports team has lost kids to schools sports because as one parent said "the school does it all" and she didn't have to be a part of it (they provide the bus, the uniforms, etc)

yes, social engineers have designed all this stuff but parents went right along with it--that's why the school have all that junk

when my oldest was a toddler there were a few places providing "classes" or extracurricular programs for kids like the park district or maybe a local church but now everyone has a child education program because heaven forbid a kid just BE