Author Topic: Sarah Palin's 4/16 Madison Speech (video)  (Read 5325 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Sarah Palin's 4/16 Madison Speech (video)
« on: April 16, 2011, 05:31:04 PM »
...The 2012 election begins here. We will fight for America and it starts here in Madison, Wisconsin. Mr. President, game on!”

She’s running.

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin addresses Wisconsin
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 09:27:38 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

Re: Sarah Palin's 4/16 Madison Speech (video)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 06:24:01 PM »
That's it.

"We're here, we're clear, so get used to it."

Palin / Bachmann in 2012.

There are no suitable (no thingies and that's unnatural) male candidates. 
 Let's put some real women in the White House and they will clean it up.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Andrew Breitbart's 4/16 Madison Speech (video)
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 06:25:01 PM »
And here is Breitbart's feisty introduction of Palin, in which he tells AFL-CIO boss Richard Trumka and the Commie Leftists harassing the Tea Partiers in Madison to "Go to hell... Go to hell."

Big Government's Andrew Breitbart addresses Wisconsin crowd
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 09:19:46 PM »
Wow, that was a barn burner! 

IDP, the link at the top doesn't work.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »

Oops. It wasn't s'posed to be a link, but a quotebox. Hit the wrong button. T'anks for the headsup.
 ::whatgives::

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 09:40:01 PM »

Oops. It wasn't s'posed to be a link, but a quotebox. Hit the wrong button. T'anks for the headsup.
 ::whatgives::

Where is the quote from?  I watched the speech twice and didn't hear it.  Is there a longer version?
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 09:54:23 PM »
Jeez, I'm so sorry. I went searching for the first video of the speech and I never checked it to see if it was complete. Here it is in its entirety.

For the awesome Palin-ness, watch from about 17 minutes on. You'll get shivers. She actually brought a tear of anger and resolve to my eye.

She begins setting up the above quote at about 19:20, the quote (in full context) begins after about 20:40.

Sarah Palin 4-16-11 Wisconsin Rally

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 10:18:48 PM »
Well, the whole thing was even more of a barn burner!

She is so running!

I liked the sign right after she finished:  I Don't Drink Kool-Aid; I Drink Tea.

/Someone remind me again what a great orator Obama is.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 10:32:28 PM »
I have some problems with her, but I would vote for her with no hesitation

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 06:55:17 AM »
The part from "President Obama, you do not have our consent" forward is a definite ramp-up of calling this f**king Marxist out. She accuses the Commander-in-Chief - by TITLE - of throwing the troops under the bus for the sake of funding abortion. She accuses him of ignoring the will of the people. She accuses him of bowing to enemies and betraying Israel. She accuses him of outright manipulating our domestic oil supply to raise prices. She directly accuses him of being responsible for the hatred in Wisconsin witnessed by the entire nation.

Donald Trump does not have the focus to match her in the "running against Obama" department. If she takes this on tour, I don't see how she loses the GOP nomination. People are going to see that the media created all the lies about her, and they're gonna remember why they fell in love with her in the first place.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 07:01:48 AM »
IDP, I just posted this comment at Neo-Neocon more or less simultaneously with yours:

If Sarah isn’t running, she gave an Academy Award-caliber performance of a Presidential candidate in Madison yesterday. “Game on” indeed!

She is the one. Nobody else is even close. Nobody. Hell, I saw that in September 2008.

Trump is going to run as an independent and end up getting that c***sucker Obama re-elected.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 07:08:52 AM »
I have some problems with her, but I would vote for her with no hesitation

I know what you mean, AMPat. That being said, I am today announcing my full support to elect Sarah Palin as the next President of the United States. I will try to pen some reasons summarizing why, but in the mean time:

1. Sarah Palin is an authentic American. She is not the creation of some Madison Avenue/K Street Packaging Cabal, utilizing computer generated, focus group talking points. She speaks to us in a language that we understand, because she is one of us. Who needs another pseudo-intellectual Ivy Leaguer spouting generalizations without specifics.

2. The Left hates her viscerally. Good. Let their hate become a weapon that will energize ordinary Americans who have sat on the political sidelines in the past. Perhaps they will realize the seriousness of the present state of the United States economy. Let her campaign be the fight against the creeping power of the Parasite Class. There is nothing immoral or mean spirited about having a conversation about the government taking taxpayer money to pay for the Democrat Party's constituency.

3. Compare her to Barack Hussein Obama. Which candidate truly loves this country and which candidate seeks to destroy this country. Which candidate recognizes that historically, this nation has been a force of good for the world, blessed with the natural resources and population steeped in liberty for the individual. There is no candidate who better exemplifies the contrast between rugged individualism and collectivism.

Most all of the other male Conservative candidates excite me as much as a shopping trip with a spouse.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 07:09:19 AM »
IDP, I just posted this comment at Neo-Neocon more or less simultaneously with yours:

If Sarah isn’t running, she gave an Academy Award-caliber performance of a Presidential candidate in Madison yesterday. “Game on” indeed!

She is the one. Nobody else is even close. Nobody. Hell, I saw that in September 2008.

Trump is going to run as an independent and end up getting that c***sucker Obama re-elected.

Yeah, we'll see about Trump. If he runs as an Indy against someone like Palin basically saying the same thing about Obama he's saying without the birther stuff, then we'll know he's a stalking horse for Obama (or Hillary if she primaries and wins, which I still think is a strong possibility).

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 07:15:29 AM »
Yes, I think he's a stalking horse.  The only chance Obama has of re-election is for someone to split the conservative vote.

The vast majority of his political contributions over the years have been to Democrats.  While one could say that that's necessary in New York, that only exposes him as being like some of the villains in Atlas Shrugged, who use political connections to get ahead in their business.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:18:56 AM by rickl »
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 07:18:57 AM »
A couple more points.

First, Some of you have feared that Rush Limbaugh, by giving Trump some exposure to his 60 million viewers, is somehow tacitly supporting Trump. I don't see it that way. Rush's show is a show about conversation, and Trump energizes the conversation wherever he goes. Of course, Trump showed Rush some love by paying a hundred grand to Rush's favorite charity. Of course, he is gonna show his appreciation to Trump.

Second, I have been listening to Rush since 1990. I have listened to everything that he has said about Sarah Palin and have concluded he is a Palin fan. As soon as she announces, he is going to be behind her 100%.

Bank on it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 08:23:24 AM by BigAlSouth »
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 07:23:07 AM »
A couple more points.

First, Some of you have feared that Rush Limbaugh, by giving Trump some exposure to his 60 million viewers, is somehow tacitly supporting Trump. I don't see it that way. Rush's show is a show about conversation, and Trump energizes the conversation wherever he goes. Of course, Trump showed Rush some love by paying a hundred grand to Rush'
s favorite charity. Of course, he is gonna show his appreciation to Trump.

Second, I have been listening to Rush since 1990. I have listened to everything that he has said about Sarah Palin and have concluded he is a Palin fan. As soon as she announces, he is going to be behind her 100%.

Bank on it.

I think you're right Al. He's a fan, for all the right reasons. She embodies his philosophy. I think it's possible he'll break his no-endorsement rule.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 07:28:49 AM »
Most all of the other male Conservative candidates excite me as much as a shopping trip with a spouse.

That. 

Well, I'm not married, so I'll substitute "mowing the lawn".
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 07:38:52 AM »
BigAlSouth, I agree with you completely.

But, I mentioned that I have some issues.

Immigration. From what I've seen, she may be closer to McCain.

War. No doubt she supports the soldiers. But, she supports the war in Afghanistan and Iraq.
If they ever had a real purpose, that time is long past.

She has supported some candidates that are less than conservative over more conservative ones.

On another conservative forum where I spend some time, the Palin haters and nut jobs make a big deal of her meeting with Kissinger. I don't subscribbe to all the conspiriacy theories but their claim is that is part of the proof that she is NWO.

I don't make that claim, just reporting it.

But, she's got a Populist appeal and is an "outsider".
She can get people excited and she has worked on an area that was considered her weakness-foreign policy

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 07:50:02 AM »

Immigration. From what I've seen, she may be closer to McCain.

War. No doubt she supports the soldiers. But, she supports the war in Afghanistan and Iraq.
If they ever had a real purpose, that time is long past.

She has supported some candidates that are less than conservative over more conservative ones.

Points well taken. She may not be a "creation" of the McCain campaign, but it may be difficult for her to completely dis the guy who gave her such a wonderful opportunity.

Afghanistan? Time to go. It took the US military about 30 days to crush the Taliban. Leave some assets since we will probably have to return, but get out.

Iraq? Don't know yet. Will it be the new Israel since Obama appears apathetic to its strategic position in the ME?

Speaking to Kissinger is like having a conversation with your old Leftie college political science progfessor. All due respect without total support for his beliefs.

------
BAS Dictionary:

Progfessor: Over-educated Progressive-Leftist leaning instructor at liberal arts college who has never done anything in his or her entire life other than to attempt to poison the minds of young students with Marxist ideology
--------------

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 07:58:55 AM »
Points well taken, AmericanPatriot, but if Sarah is NWO, then all hope is truly lost.  There simply isn't anyone else that I know of.

My main concern with her is that I'm not sure whether she is as economically conservative as I would like.
~ Ann Barnhardt