Author Topic: Any Questions? Grid Attacks.  (Read 4983 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Any Questions? Grid Attacks.
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 07:31:12 AM »
Hey Weisshaupt...the word is getting out...

So what would life look like without any power for a long period of time?  The following list comes from one of my previous articles...

-There would be no heat for your home.

-Water would no longer be pumped into most homes.

-Your computer would not work.

-There would be no Internet.

-Your phones would not work.

-There would be no television.

-There would be no radio.

-ATM machines would be shut down.

-There would be no banking.

-Your debit cards and credit cards would not work.

-Without electricity, gas stations would not be functioning.

-Most people would be unable to do their jobs without electricity and employment would collapse.

-Commerce would be brought to a standstill.

-Hospitals would not be able to function.

-You would quickly start running out of medicine.

-All refrigeration would shut down and frozen foods in our homes and supermarkets would start to go bad.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-19/government-agency-warns-if-9-substations-are-destroyed-power-grid-could-be-down-18-m

...I think it is only a matter of when not if this happens.

I don't know about y'all, but I do not have enough gererators or fuel to last 12-18 months.  I've been harping about our grid vulnerabilities for what seems like eons, and this warning almost has a Boy-who-called-wolf feel to it...I would not be surprised if it is almost if not completly ignored.

We cannot ignore it though!

FYI - Started a new thread in TEOTWAWKI section.

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php?topic=10939.new#new
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 07:34:39 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2014, 08:50:29 AM »
It really depends on HOW the power goes out.  If its an EMP it will likely whack pretty much everything - including PV Panels.  Generators and fuel will be the only game in town- providing you have anything left to run. Anything with a Microprocessor probably won't work properly, but in most cases you will be able to bypass it and just force it on/off -- like a Fridge.  Get the compressor running.  No temp control perhaps, doesn't matter, its going to get power for only 2-3 hours a day, so it is what it is.  During that same period you  pump your water for the day ( assuming you have a well)  - Heat is called fire.  Houses used to be very small largely because that was what they could heat.  A Wood Stove in your home is prudent - because you will not  able to afford to run the generator to get the fans on the furnace working ( assuming you have propane to run the furnace)

A Grid Outage will be a different animal.  They WILL  be able to get power to some areas- and not to others.  In those areas people will continue working, fule will continue to be produced and new lines will be run and new power plants built if needed.  Yes, it will probably trigger the dollar collapse and numerous other problems, but the places with power will not be so far from the places without that the true cut off of civilization implied by an EMP occurs.  Western Pioneer life would have been very, very different if there hadn't been a fully developed East Coast, and even more Developed Europe to support it.  In a grid collapse there will be places untouched, or who are able to have power up within weeks and not years, and that is a game changer.

Yes you still need your generator and/or PV system,  but it won't be as bad as all that.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 07:57:22 AM »
More on the weakness of the grid...

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-grid-security-20140407,0,5068036.story#axzz2z3ME7ZQY

..hardware, software, transmission...

...is there ANY aspect of this system NOT vulnerable?   ::saywhat::

Answer sure seems to be nope!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 09:01:55 AM »
A Grid Outage will be a different animal.  They WILL  be able to get power to some areas- and not to others. 

And as I've witnessed for hurricane repair, the populated areas will be fixed before the rural areas.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline robins111

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2014, 09:49:40 AM »
Interestingly a lot of partial grid-down incidents in Canada (Ontario) fall under the political domain.  Last summer, during a heat wave (Yup we do have them here) I was sent home from work at the Gold Mine I work at, due to reallocation of electrical supplies to Southern Ontario, (Toronto) because the elites need their air conditioning I gather.. Ontario is like two countries, with a very large urban population in a small area (40 miles from the US border) and a vast province made up of rural/forest with a small population.. Incidentally, all the hydro electrical power is generated in the rural areas, except Niagara Generation.. Which is quite small in the big picture.   

In regards to the shooting of the transfer station, I rather expect the 'attack' was done with the intent of minimal damage as they were using a pretty light rifle, a 308/30-06 with FMJ would have done significantly more damage.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2014, 11:38:37 AM »
More warnings...an attack cannot be far behind...

But will it be a false flag, a reverse false flag baiting op...or a real terrorist (Jihadi) attack?

::whatgives::

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/09/grid-expert-issues-warning-inadequate-security-makes-grid-a-target-for-isis/

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2014, 11:39:19 AM »

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2014, 12:19:02 PM »
A Grid Outage will be a different animal.  They WILL  be able to get power to some areas- and not to others. 

And as I've witnessed for hurricane repair, the populated areas will be fixed before the rural areas.

Greatest good for the least effort, eh !!  ::grouphug::
I'm entitled (to be cranky).