Author Topic: When all else fails, play the race card  (Read 1091 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
When all else fails, play the race card
« on: February 06, 2014, 04:59:52 PM »
http://710keel.com/stonecipher-texas-success-will-not-rub-off-on-nearby-shreveport/

“We knew in the 1960s that one of our greatest natural resources here and elsewhere in Louisiana was that our two U.S. senators were among the most powerful in Washington and one of those, Russell Long, was chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, maybe the most powerful position there is in Washington in that context,” explained Stonecipher.  ”Because of that, we were able to attract what was then called the Western Electric plant as well as the General Motors plant and all the satellite industries.  We got over the hurdle of the fact that our labor pool for those plants was maybe not necessarily perfect. But, what we did was we ran that string out and that string was the manufacturing string.”

Stonecipher continued, “We need to remember that while it’s true that manufacturing jobs including car making were exported overseas and into Mexico, it’s also true that one of the booming General Motors plants anywhere in America for a very long time, whether it was before that exportation of the jobs or now after it, one of the biggest of the plants has been in Arlington, Texas, for a very long time.  It wasn’t nearly as new.  It wasn’t nearly as well equipped.  It didnt seem to be the kind of place that would be allowed to keep running when the Shreveport plant was closed.”

“Why did we lose GM and Arlington didn’t?” the Shreveport demographer hypothetically asked.  ”I’ve asked that question to a lot of people that are a lot smarter than me.  I understand there are a lot of things that are indigenous to auto manufacturing complex again that say what happened.  I don’t buy it.  I’ve listened, I’ve read, I’ve learned.  We in Shreveport did not provide for General Motors the many things that it takes for them to want to stay here and continue expanding here.”

Among the things Stonecipher noted was a ‘community spirit’.  The demographer noted that the historic racial division in the way politics is conducted in Shreveport and elsewhere in Deep South make it more difficult for outside companies to come in to a market like ours.

Dumbass. And to think he was once Jindal's lackey.

And just what the Hell is a demographer?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: When all else fails, play the race card
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 05:10:14 PM »
And just what the Hell is a demographer?

It is a counter of human beans along the lines of race, sex, ethnicity and age.

We got a local yokel here claiming that most states which have attracted auto plants can attribute it to K-14 "FREE" schooling -- particularly TN -- so NC should do it too.  Nevermind we already pay for K-12 "FREE" schooling; nono, now we need to subsidize two years of college, for AP degrees, to ready our population in terms of technological know-how so a plant will relocate or build here, assured of a ready-made workforce.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: When all else fails, play the race card
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 07:04:32 AM »
Take a demographer and throw in an actuary...there is the core of your ObamaCare Death Panel.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.