Author Topic: Another for the Boycott List  (Read 1005 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Another for the Boycott List
« on: February 05, 2014, 07:26:41 AM »
So tired of this healthy bullshyt excuse!  Y'all getting rid of fatty snacks?  Y'all getting rid of pop and all those energy drinks laced with toxins?  Y'all getting rid of every libiot magazine and newspaper that will do more damage to peoples brains than all the tobacco products you sell? Oh, of course not you Nazi stooges!

Up yours!  Never buy anything from you assclowns!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-02-05/cvs-stop-selling-tobacco-products-its-7600-stores
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Another for the Boycott List
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 11:01:35 AM »
Do people really go to CVS to buy smokes?  Of all the places there are to buy, a traditional drug store would be as far down on the list as a hospital waiting room vending machine.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 04:10:14 PM »
Do people really go to CVS to buy smokes?  Of all the places there are to buy, a traditional drug store would be as far down on the list as a hospital waiting room vending machine.

CVS sells $2 billion of tobacco products a year,  so it not chump change for sure.    There must be some pressure being put on them to give up that much business "voluntarily".   That would be my guess on that one.   

We will see if other big chains follow...........

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 08:12:44 PM »
I'm wondering exactly what they are calling tobacco "products" besides cigars and cigarettes; lighters/flints/fluid?

I got Gunsmith a Zippo for Christmas (he lost the nice brass-colored one with the Camel logo on it about ten years ago) and a can of fluid.  Forgot about the flints, though, and he 'bout wore out already the one in the new lighter.  He had one left from the last batch (ten years ago) but it disintegrated when he tried to insert it.  Apparently, they dry rot.  I went to Lowes Foods today to get some and got eight packs of five for forty-five cents apiece, on sale due to closeout.  They're not carrying them any longer.

I'm going to vacuum-seal them so they'll last some, and put one of the packs in the BOB with the Zippo I got for it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"