Author Topic: Obama Official Predicts 80 Percent Spike In Energy Costs Due To Clean Coal Rules  (Read 1097 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Hope and Change.............

Living In A Utopia Is Expensive: Obama Official Predicts 80 Percent Spike In Energy Costs Due To Clean Coal Rules
February 11, 2014 by Sam Rolley 

An Obama Administration official told House lawmakers that the President’s new clean coal rules could increase wholesale electricity prices by as much as 80 percent.

During a Congressional hearing on Tuesday, Julio Friedmann, the deputy assistant secretary of the Energy Department, told lawmakers that costs associated with installing the first generation of carbon capture and storage (CCS) technologies on new coal power plants would be responsible for the energy price spike.

“The precise number will vary, but for first generation we project $70-90 per ton (on the wholesale price of electricity),” Friedmann said. “For second generation, it will be more like a $40-50/ton price. Second generation of demonstrations will begin in a few years, but won’t be until middle of the next decade (2022-2025) that we will have lessons learned and cost savings.”

http://personalliberty.com/2014/02/11/living-in-a-utopia-is-expensive-obama-official-predicts-80-percent-spike-in-energy-costs-due-to-clean-coal-rules/
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Stellar.  We have a Department of Energy that not only produces no energy, but obstructs others from doing so, along with the EPA.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Stellar.  We have a Department of Energy that not only produces no energy, but obstructs others from doing so, along with the EPA.

The One's keeping his promise that energy costs will skyrocket under his "leadership."
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I'll forward my bill to the DNC, let those assholes subsidize my bill, it's what they get off doing, right?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Keep on electing Democrats, West Virginia!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline richb

• Established Member
They say 80% increase (translation 140% increase).