Author Topic: EU C-Terrorism Chief Wants Power to "Remove Undesirable Websites" From Innternet  (Read 1010 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
EU COUNTER-TERRORISM CHIEF WANTS POWER TO 'REMOVE UNDESIRABLE WEBSITES' FROM INTERNET

by RAHEEM KASSAM  5 Feb 2014

Gilles de Kerchove, the European Union's counter-terrorism coordinator, has publicly stated that he wishes for the European super-state to be able to remove not just websites that promote illegal content, but also those which he calls "undesirable."

The statement from de Kerchove, who was recently speaking on the topic of how to curtail the threat of terrorist activity online, has alerted freedom of speech campaigners and those concerned with net neutrality to the overbearing nature of the European Union (EU), which has for decades whittled powers away from national governments across Europe.

Now it seems the EU wants the power to block websites it arbitrarily decides are "undesirable." Setting out the action being taken by the EU, de Kerchove said, β€œThe Commissioner for Home Affairs will set up a forum to discuss with the big players – Google, Facebook, Twitter – how we can improve the way one removes from the internet the illegal and, if not illegal, undesirable websites.”

The UK-based freedom of speech campaigners of Big Brother Watch wrote earlier this week:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/02/04/European-Union-Chief-wants-power-to-remove-undesirable-websites-from-internet
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Screw him, the horse he rode in on, and his little dawg too.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline richb

• Established Member
And of course sites run by Muslim terrorists will remain just as they are,  when sites like this very site would be verboten. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Fukc the EU.  I heard that somewhere...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.