Author Topic: 8 Corvettes go into sinkhole.  (Read 836 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
8 Corvettes go into sinkhole.
« on: February 13, 2014, 11:28:52 AM »
See the surveillance video | No repair timetable for National Corvette Museum sink hole
Feb. 12, 2014

Staff at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green removed the remaining Corvettes out of the iconic Sky Dome Wednesday after a 40-foot sink hole swallowed eight of the sports cars on display inside the the facility.

Museum spokesman Bob Bubnis said officials anticipate repairing the damage caused by the 40-foot sink hole, but said no timetable or plans for the repairs have been set.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20140212/NEWS01/302120036/Massive-sink-hole-swallows-eight-cars-National-Corvette-Museum?nclick_check=1

Corvette Museum Sinkhole - VIDEO Shows Giant Sinkhole Swallows 8 Cars at Kentucky Museum
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
Re: 8 Corvettes go into sinkhole.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 11:38:49 AM »
That is just so freaking sad.  How does a sinkhole just appear below a building?
Eschew Obfuscation

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 11:58:47 AM »
Way to go Ford!   ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 12:49:17 PM »
Way to go Ford!   ;D

Yeah, if you cant beat them fair and square send in the sappers.

If you haven't noticed the car on the right in my avatar is a 2006 Convertible Vette.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 01:51:05 PM »
One of my high school classmates was there less then a month ago,  and has a pic of himself next to that vette that is now on the bottom.    He posted it on facebook, and his wife commented that she thought the floor felt hollow and weird when they were there.   I wonder why nobody there noticed?  That floor had to have been cracking and sinking at least a little bit.