Author Topic: Citizen satirizes proposed "safety" ordinances at town meeting  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Citizen satirizes proposed "safety" ordinances at town meeting
« on: February 09, 2014, 08:11:46 PM »
H/T: Sipsey Street Irregulars

A citizen spoke at a town board meeting in Ashland, Oregon and took the opportunity to ridicule their inanities such as "for the children" by offering suggestions from his own community group, "Citizens for a Really Safe Ashland".

Citizen satirizes proposed local firearms ordinances
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Citizen satirizes proposed "safety" ordinances at town meeting
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 08:24:46 PM »
 ::cool::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 08:39:26 PM »
I wish he could deliver that speech over and over again allover America!
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 06:25:40 AM »
 ::clapping::

The sad part is it probably went over their heads.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 07:29:50 AM »
I could go either way with that, Alan.  You see them up there smirking?  I think some may have got right off the bat it was world class satire, others I think were amused and perhaps are clueless as to why, being messermized by his fantastic and utterly masterful delivery.

I'm going to have to watch this a couple more times...and send it along to people, it is just that good!   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 08:50:30 AM »
I could go either way with that, Alan.  You see them up there smirking?  I think some may have got right off the bat it was world class satire, others I think were amused and perhaps are clueless as to why, being messermized by his fantastic and utterly masterful delivery.

I'm going to have to watch this a couple more times...and send it along to people, it is just that good!   ::thumbsup::

It's a shame nobody in Congress has enough balls to do this especially mocking the absurdity of "for the children" when Nancy Piglosi is on the floor.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 08:53:39 AM by warpmine »
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 12:22:59 PM »

It's a shame nobody in Congress has enough balls to do this especially mocking the absurdity of "for the children" when Nancy Piglosi is on the floor.

Every other utterance should end or preceed with "For the Children", every bill should have "for the children" in the title, every press release and press conference should start and end "for the children".

For example - "For the children, I am introducing legislation to reintorduce the letter and spirit of the Second Amendment and authorize every legal citizen of this nation to be able to carry a weapon concealed or unconcealed anywhere for any reason without question or restriction...the protection of our children demands nothing less!".

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 02:39:35 PM »

Every other utterance should end or preceed with "For the Children", every bill should have "for the children" in the title, every press release and press conference should start and end "for the children".

For example - "For the children, I am introducing legislation to reintorduce the letter and spirit of the Second Amendment and authorize every legal citizen of this nation to be able to carry a weapon concealed or unconcealed anywhere for any reason without question or restriction...the protection of our children demands nothing less!".

The irony is that "reintroducing" the 2nd Amendment would be protecting the children.   It would insure that no child is left in a school in one of those insane "gun free zones". 

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 07:50:51 AM »

Gun free = Free for scum to slaughter defensless sheep at will.

The very definition of criminal stupidity!
The irony is that "reintroducing" the 2nd Amendment would be protecting the children.   It would insure that no child is left in a school in one of those insane "gun free zones".