Author Topic: Lies  (Read 942 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Lies
« on: February 10, 2014, 09:35:37 AM »
Live not by lies via instapunidt.

Being human, politicians lie. Even in the best regimes. The distinguishing feature of totalitarian regimes however, is that they are built on words that the rulers know to be false, and on somehow constraining the people to speak and act as if the lies were true. Thus the people hold up the regime by partnering in its lies. Thus, when we use language that is “politically correct” – when we speak words acceptable to the regime even if unfaithful to reality – or when we don’t call out politicians who lie to our faces, we take part in degrading America.

And that also means calling out  the people around you who propagate those lies.

I have written in this space: “Obama’s premeditated, repeated, nationally televised lies… are integral, indeed essential, to his presidency and to the workings of the US government.” They are neither innocent opinions nor mistakes. Rather, they grab for power by daring the listener to call them what they are. Failure to do so, never mind gratuitously granting them bona fides, is redefining our regime.

But the White House, echoed by the New York Times, says that this is a good thing because it will free people, young and old, to pursue careers or retirement without having to worry about health coverage.

This is the sort of thing that one expects from the North Korean regime, explaining that the latest cut in food rations will free people from the tyranny of having to eat more than once a day, or as I heard on Cuban TV in 1969, that the government had cut the meat ration because its scientists had discovered that eating meat causes cancer.

“the simplest and most accessible key to our self-neglected liberation lies right here: Personal non-participation in lies. Though lies conceal everything, though lies embrace everything, but not with any help from me.” The lies that hold up corrupt regimes, he noted, like infections, “can exist only in a living organism.” Hence whoever will live in freedom “will immediately walk out of a meeting, session, lecture, performance or film showing if he hears a speaker tell lies, or purvey ideological nonsense or shameless propaganda.”

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Lies
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 12:18:52 PM »
But the White House, echoed by the New York Times, says that this is a good thing because it will free people, young and old, to pursue careers or retirement without having to worry about health coverage.

All the liars have escalated this meme:  Obamacare has freed people from the burden of WORK.  They're actually championing, touting, advocating the benefits of only part-time or no-time work, of people exiting the labor market, expecting and able to live off other people.

It's mind-boggling to me, the lengths they're now going to denigrate WORK.  Keith Ellison actually came out and said this was a good thing; people would have time to cook now.

The first person who actually says this sort of thing to my face -- I'm going to punch.

Can't stand it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 12:41:22 PM »

All the liars have escalated this meme:  Obamacare has freed people from the burden of WORK.  They're actually championing, touting, advocating the benefits of only part-time or no-time work, of people exiting the labor market, expecting and able to live off other people.

It's mind-boggling to me, the lengths they're now going to denigrate WORK.  Keith Ellison actually came out and said this was a good thing; people would have time to cook now.

The first person who actually says this sort of thing to my face -- I'm going to punch.

Can't stand it.

Hold that thought.  I want to bring you the best target I can find!   ::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 03:22:27 PM »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 03:53:48 PM »
Tell me lies.
Tell me sweet little lies...

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 05:26:37 PM »
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 08:10:40 AM »
Yeah, awesome.  How come I've never seen it on the air?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 10:07:01 AM »
I think I heard it's new -- Super Bowl thing.  Heard it on the radio, Beck's show, I think, and went looking for it.

And no more thinking for me right now; I haven't had enough coffee yet.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 11:10:24 AM »
What time is it out there?  Shoulda drained the whole pot by now.   ;D

::exitstageleft::

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 12:02:54 PM »
In watching Mike Rowe's commercial another video was listed next to it.  It's long but for me very interesting about jobs and work force / college education.  If interested here it is;

Dirty Jobs' Mike Rowe on the High Cost of College (Full Interview)
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 07:15:54 AM »
And wouldntchya know...soon as I say I never saw it I see it played during the olympic coverage last night!

I like Mike, good guy.