Author Topic: Protesters against voter ID laws in North Carolina demand....photo IDs  (Read 529 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Here's another one for the "liberals are immune to cognitive dissonance" files.

Recently an assorted rental mob of various Left wing causes descended upon Raleigh, North Carolina to whine and complain about their usual issues. Chief among these is their emphatic opposition to laws requiring voter ID. Just as the protests in Madison, Wisconsin leveled their sights on Scott Walker's efforts to make union membership voluntary, here too you can see proof of the saying "the flak is always heaviest directly over the target". When you get the Left worked up into a frothing, spittle-flecked rage about some issue, that's a sure sign to keep digging right where you are.

Anyhow, the NAACP organizers of this march in Raleigh prepared participants with a helpful list of Dos and Don'ts. One of the things they demanded as a requirement to participate in this march against Voter ID laws was, well, the exact same sort of photo ID. Seems they want to know who is marching under their banner and confirm that they're legit, but forget about applying a similar logic when it comes to verifying the legitimacy of people casting votes that will direct the course of an entire civilization.

http://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2014/02/nc-moral-marchers-must-have-photo-ids.html

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline richb

• Established Member
Re: Protesters against voter ID laws in North Carolina demand....photo IDs
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 12:35:53 AM »
oops!  ha ha

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 07:36:17 AM »
ID?  I don't need no stinkin' ID!   ::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 08:23:55 AM »
I suspect that the demand for ID was in case they got arrested, not so much to police their own ranks, but yeah ad admission that you need an ID to spout your opinion in public belies the need to do it when submitting it in counted  votes.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 11:20:09 AM »
I considered the possibility that it was more for their own protection in the event of trouble with law enforcement, but when taken in the context of all their other "Dos" about protecting the march from infiltrators and provocateurs it seems to me that it may have also been to verify who should be there and who shouldn't.  Plus the NAACP made news when they were requiring photo IDs to attend speeches at their annual conference.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 02:29:10 PM »
I considered the possibility that it was more for their own protection in the event of trouble with law enforcement, but when taken in the context of all their other "Dos" about protecting the march from infiltrators and provocateurs it seems to me that it may have also been to verify who should be there and who shouldn't.  Plus the NAACP made news when they were requiring photo IDs to attend speeches at their annual conference.

That kind of shoots their no ID for voting position,  right in the head.   That one line on their own piece of paper, destroys their whole argument dead as a doornail. 

If infiltrators and provocateurs are so dangerous for their "message",  why isn't the integrity of an election even more important? 

The NAACP in all right should be the one that WANT elections with integrity!   

They should have been the ones that demanded stuff like Barry's birth papers, grades, etc.   Wouldn't you think that they would be concerned about the election of the first black prez?   That they would want a person without a bunch of skeletons in his closet.   

It just shows that the NAACP is just a political hack group that exists to elect slimy liberal Democrats,  and they like most Democrats are fine with cheating to win.