Author Topic: 2016 Races...If Anybody Cares...  (Read 202554 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: 2016 Races...If Anybody Cares...
« Reply #860 on: June 30, 2016, 09:15:48 PM »
  I didn't read it and I don't care if the place is going to hell it won't be because I let a Clinton back in.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #861 on: July 11, 2016, 07:23:19 AM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/07/09/a-curveball-in-trumps-veep-search-hes-seriously-considering-a-retired-general/

I understand the impulse to look outside the traditional GOP ranks...not sure a Democrat, military experience notwithstanding...is the right call.

But then again...VP is a largely ceremonial post...more an insurance policy than anything, so I'd go with the scariest person I could find.  ;D

ETA - Disappointed again - http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php?topic=14393.0
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 07:27:13 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #862 on: July 20, 2016, 07:59:12 AM »
And so much for the Anybody But Trump folks...

http://www.weaselzippers.us/284521-livestream-republican-delegates-casting-votes/

...I guess their bark was way worse than their bite.

Can't avoid it now...Trump or Clinton?

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #863 on: July 20, 2016, 02:33:25 PM »
Will it matter? Well, possibly. This president will likely choose at least 2 Supremes.  Add two more libs to the court......which we know how Hillary will choose and I shutter to imagine the division, we think it bad now. Don't know if Trump will be any better socially but economically I believe he will be.

Hillary elected? Arm up. Trump elected? Still arm up.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #864 on: July 20, 2016, 03:34:50 PM »
Look what just happened in Massachusetts.  The AG categorically banned the sale of "assault weapons."  Imagine that going to a Supreme Court with 2-3 more prog appointees.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #865 on: July 20, 2016, 04:59:42 PM »
Lexington and Concord Redux coming.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #866 on: July 21, 2016, 08:14:52 AM »
Lexington and Concord Redux coming.

Word.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #868 on: July 21, 2016, 10:55:09 AM »
Don't know what to think of Cruz. Is he:

1) a whiny ass sore loser
2) a petulant child throwing a tantrum
3) Just plain butt hurt

Or is there a point to his objection. I watched his meeting this morning with the Texas delegates and listened to the questioning. While he said he would never vote Hillary, he fell back to ( paraphrase) " I will watch and support those who follow the Constitution". Which, to me means he won't support any candidate or politican.

The question I wanted to hear, as cruz pontificated on he would be watching and listening,( supposedly before endorsing) is what would convince you a candidate will follow the Constitution and would you support at that time.....But I don't think cruz will endorse anyone because right now I believe he embodies #1,2 and 3.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #869 on: July 21, 2016, 11:13:32 AM »
.....But I don't think cruz will endorse anyone because right now I believe he embodies #1,2 and 3.

I'm not sure. I'd have a hard time endorsing anybody in the race. While I'd cut my wrists before voting for Hitlary, I'm just now leaning towards Trump. Not because of his ideals, but for his Supreme Court picks. Although I keep flashing back to Roberts.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #870 on: July 21, 2016, 11:40:45 AM »
If Cruz seriously had insurmountable objections to Trump's candidacy, then he should have just declined to speak at the convention.  There's a way to withhold your endorsement without doing an anti-endorsement.

I interpreted it as Cruz being more interested in his own future presidential ambitions than in doing everything possible to stop Hillary right now.  I'm really disturbed by the number of Republicans, including self-professed conservatives, who would prefer a Hillary Clinton presidency over the "wrong" Republican candidate.

It reminds me of that scene from Terminator 2 where the good T800 is explaining what started the nuclear war.  SkyNet had become self-aware, and the military desperately tried to take it offline.  SkyNet calculated that if it launched nuclear missiles at Russia, the Russian counterattack would destroy SkyNet's enemies here.  Hillary Clinton is that nuclear counterattack that will destroy the E-GOP's internal enemy.  And I guess the country will just have to be collateral damage as far as they're concerned.

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #871 on: July 21, 2016, 11:45:51 AM »
I don't think he will because Trump has manipulated him at every turn and Cruz is butt hurt over it. Cruz holds a rally.....Trump fly's his plane over it. Trump gives him a primetime spot with no strings. Cruz acts like a crybaby. Gets boo'd. Winner Trump. Cruz holds another Q and A this morning, gets roasted. Winner Trump. The best thing Ted can do is go home, he has become one of the best Trump recruiters ever.

Bottom line, Trump understands how to get voters on his side. I'm not sure I appreciate every avenue he uses, but with politics, it is a blood letting. I think that's why Cruz is butt hurt. He wasn't willing to do what was needed. Trump can be a cold blooded SOB.

So enjoy the ride.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #872 on: July 21, 2016, 11:49:08 AM »
If Cruz seriously had insurmountable objections to Trump's candidacy, then he should have just declined to speak at the convention.  There's a way to withhold your endorsement without doing an anti-endorsement.

I interpreted it as Cruz being more interested in his own future presidential ambitions than in doing everything possible to stop Hillary right now.  I'm really disturbed by the number of Republicans, including self-professed conservatives, who would prefer a Hillary Clinton presidency over the "wrong" Republican candidate.

It reminds me of that scene from Terminator 2 where the good T800 is explaining what started the nuclear war.  SkyNet had become self-aware, and the military desperately tried to take it offline.  SkyNet calculated that if it launched nuclear missiles at Russia, the Russian counterattack would destroy SkyNet's enemies here.  Hillary Clinton is that nuclear counterattack that will destroy the E-GOP's internal enemy.  And I guess the country will just have to be collateral damage as far as they're concerned.

I think Trump put Cruz in a "no win" situation. If he declines, he looks bad. He accepted and looked worse. Plus, if he is doing this for his own political gain.....he sucks at it.

Offline Janny

« Reply #873 on: July 22, 2016, 12:00:52 AM »
Don't know what to think of Cruz. Is he:

1) a whiny ass sore loser
2) a petulant child throwing a tantrum
3) Just plain butt hurt

4) all of the above

I am so disappointed in Cruz. It's sickening watching his perpetually butthurt sycophants claiming he did this out of "principles" and calling him "courageous." He's nothing but a self-serving coward.

Offline Janny

« Reply #874 on: July 22, 2016, 12:04:06 AM »

I think Trump put Cruz in a "no win" situation. If he declines, he looks bad. He accepted and looked worse. Plus, if he is doing this for his own political gain.....he sucks at it.

He ran a dirty campaign. I believe it was dirty enough to cost him the nomination. If he had taken a strict line on illegal immigration early on, and hadn't gotten up and blatantly lied about Trump, he might be the nominee now.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #875 on: July 22, 2016, 01:59:47 AM »
I disagree about the dirty campaign and his supposed lying about Trump, but Cruz would have been more widely supported had he come out strongly against indulging illegal alien invasion.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #876 on: July 22, 2016, 06:08:29 AM »
In the end, Cruz ran the standard republican campaign. Not what the people wanted. All the signs were there. All pointed in one direction. While Cruz is a much better conservative than most, in the end he looked like a " republican". He jumped into the republican rut. 

Trump isn't getting credit for being one smart guy.  Once he trotted his family out and everyone got to see how impressive they truly are( it doesn't happen by accident) you can't tell me the display wasn't lmpressive. It's like going back decades during a time when the American Dream was alive, when we watched shows like the lifestyles of the rich and famous and strived to get there, not shows like " American greed" which we are fed today. Frankly, trump was masterful plotting out a course to be great again. Once the libs have their convention, trotting out the dregs of this earth you know they will, the contrast will be so stark, so obvious.

Kudos to trump and to his family. They put their credibility on the line with a confidence to get the job done like no other. Gotta give it some respect.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #877 on: July 22, 2016, 06:13:25 AM »
Oh the DNC is going to be several nights in a row of the Star Wars cantina scene.

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #878 on: July 22, 2016, 07:25:28 AM »
The eGOP going farther down the toilet.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/07/21/thiel_fake_culture_wars_only_distract_us_from_our_economic_decline.html

Paypal founder and Silicon Valley entrepreneur Peter Thiel spoke on the fourth night of the 2016 Republican National Convention.

"I am proud to be gay. I am proud to be a Republican. But most of all I am proud to be an American," he said.

Maddow Rambles For Three Minutes on "Incredibly Radical" "Openly Gay" Republican Peter Thiel

The crowd erupted with a standing ovation that turned into a short chant of “USA! USA! USA!”

“I don’t pretend to agree with every plank in our party’s platform. But fake culture wars only distract us from our economic decline," he said. "When I was a kid, the great debate was about how to defeat the Soviet Union. And we won. Now we are told that the great debate is about who gets to use which bathroom. This is a distraction from our real problems. Who cares?"

"Instead of going to Mars, we invaded the Middle East," he said. "Donald Trump is right. It's time to end the era of stupid wars and rebuild our country."

I, for one, care. I don't give a rodent's rectum if you're gay, but quite telling us we have to embrace and celebrate your perversions. ::pullhair::

Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #879 on: July 22, 2016, 08:54:15 AM »
Cruz did the only thing he could do without guaranteeing Republican defeat and his own demise. His supporters are principled conservatives. Had he fully endorsed Trump, they would have rejected him, and it would have done nothing to move them into the Trump camp.

By making a strong case for return to constitutional governance and conservative principles, saying Hillary must be defeated, saying there is no substitute for victory, and then saying "vote your conscience", he wasn't failing to endorse Trump as much as he was signaling to his supporters what their choice really is. By not alienating them with an outright endorsement, he made it OK for them to choose Trump in the end, and kept his own coalition together in the process. I think it was pretty brilliant, actually.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson