Author Topic: 2016 Races...If Anybody Cares...  (Read 197784 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: 2016 Races...If Anybody Cares...
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 11:56:57 AM »
I heard this several months ago and discarded it. He wouldn't have a chance.

At one time I was convinced there was no way the country at-large would tolerate being governed like a Chicago ward.  Nothing would surprise me anymore.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2014, 03:02:51 PM »

At one time I was convinced there was no way the country at-large would tolerate being governed like a Chicago ward.  Nothing would surprise me anymore.

I think Rahmbo has the job he wants.   He will be mayor of Chicago for at least the next 25 years.  No term limits like the presidency.   

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2014, 07:11:43 AM »

I think Rahmbo has the job he wants.   He will be mayor of Chicago for at least the next 25 years.  No term limits like the presidency.

Yeah, but he'll always be second fiddle to NYC in pecking order, under 50 Governor's and lorded over by whoever is POTUS...that doesn't sit well for a fella brave enough to sport a tutu, survive Clintons...and then there is that massive beta-male ego craving more and more adulation...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2014, 01:01:03 PM »

Yeah, but he'll always be second fiddle to NYC in pecking order, under 50 Governor's and lorded over by whoever is POTUS...that doesn't sit well for a fella brave enough to sport a tutu, survive Clintons...and then there is that massive beta-male ego craving more and more adulation...

Being mayor of Chicago is like being a governor.   He has more influence as mayor of Chicago then the governor of Illinois at least.  Why do you think Illinois is the basket case it is?   Chicago has been running it into the ground for decades now.   Downstate and the suburbs have little say anymore,  its the Chicago way or the highway. 

Plus he has no conservatives in the city council to have to put up with,  so he gets to live in a liberal bubble 24/7.   Don't discount that,  governors of Illinois do have a few conservatives in the suburbs and downstate to deal with.  Plus he never really has to run for reelection ever again!   Its his job for as long as he wants it.

He isn't second fiddle to NYC either.  He was in office before the kook that just took office in NYC and will still be mayor when that guy is term limited.   

Remember,  even ambitious liberal politicians are lazy at best.   He can go along for decades doing nothing and get praised for it on a daily basis.   

Being mayor of Chicago is  dream job  for the lib politician.     
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 01:04:11 PM by richb »

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2014, 04:52:57 PM »
She can be the frontrunner, the side favorite, or the bacon-cheeseburger for all I care. She will NEVER be elected President.

Sure. And the SCoaMF wouldn't make a 2nd term.

Gold. Silver. And lead.

That was the pubbie's race to lose - and lose it they did.

You got that right!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2014, 11:21:18 AM »
Rand opening up shop in all 50 states?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/rand-paul-building-national-network-courting-mainstream-support-for-presidential-bid/2014/03/27/568b06de-b50d-11e3-b899-20667de76985_story.html

When will the E-GOP strike?  Too early and it would be too obvious and could cause more support to flock to him...too late and they risk controlling the agenda...but that latter can be achieved if they have anything particularly scandalous on him (or can manufacture such)...

My guess is the Rovians are already cutting deals to have certain proglodytes in media and the congressional swamp to begin raising the usual stalking horse talking points levelled on non-club members...

We shall see what we shall see...

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2014, 12:27:40 PM »
Rand seems to be ingratiating himself with those people.
Endorsing McConnell and other stuff

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2014, 01:23:42 PM »
Rand seems to be ingratiating himself with those people.
Endorsing McConnell and other stuff

Pure pragmatism. Remember in 2010, McConnell and Cornyn were out early endorsing Paul's establishment opponent, Trey Grayson. Paul won that primary to their chagrin. He's not endorsing McConnell because he has an affinity for Mitch McConnell. He's doing it out of purely cynical pragmatic political considerations. If he wasn't running for President, he'd be endorsing Bevin.

Kind of like Palin endorsing McCain against JD Hayworth in 2010. You know he doesn't really mean it.

By the way, I f**king hate that.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2014, 01:28:00 PM »
IDP, I hate that that is necessary. But my hate of the facts do not change the facts. If we are to remove wicked men from power we must be "wise as a serpent." If Rand Paul is this wise, then we may have hope. I fear that this is not the case, and he truly means what he said, in that he agreed to endorse McConnell when there was no one running against him and is just keeping his word.  Patience is also a quality that makes a good President. So is fore-sight.   
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2014, 01:55:49 PM »
He sure got his endorsement in early enough
I can see the Palin thing, sort of.

But, in the end, she owed McCain nothing.
And she made other questionable endorsements for lesser conservatives than other candidates.
So far, I don't think Rand has gone that far

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2014, 11:12:35 AM »
E-GOP changing horses or just covering the field?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/influential-republicans-working-to-draft-jeb-bush-into-2016-presidential-race/2014/03/29/11e33b06-b5f2-11e3-8cb6-284052554d74_story.html

Either way...time to ratchet up the "Hell No!" network!  Christie, Jeb...what difference is that?!   ::mooning::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2014, 07:35:38 AM »
Didn't take the Rovian's long to start throwing dirt on Rand...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/03/rand-paul-says-america-is-partly-to-blame-for-pearl-harbor-video/

...although as dirt goes this isn't really much...

...taken in whole there can be some argument that actions FDR took did make things worse not better with respect to Japan, but that was a different era and a different foe...the militarization of Japan was going to lead to trouble...it was a matter of when not if.  And I would favor a more vigorous response in dealing with Iran than sanctions, so being for or against those means little to me.  Keep them from acquiring technology that can be used in their nuke program or in any kind of weapons use, the rest is usually somewhat futile.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2014, 09:45:31 AM »
Japan was the aggressor and got what they deserved.  But I will admit part of me wonders if FDR didn't -- for a lack of a better term -- "allow" the Japanese attack so that Americans would fully support our entry into the war.

The British had intercepted and decoded Japanese naval communications and warned us that an attack was imminent.  The Japanese strike planes were detected by radar, but those warnings were famously disregarded.  Was it just a lackadaisical attitude from an at-peace nation?  Maybe.  But Libertas is right, there was going to be war with Japan at some point anyway, regardless of when and where the actual flashpoint was.

I'm probably alive today only because of the atomic bomb.  My granddad was in the Navy and in 1945 he and millions of others were being marshaled for an amphibious assault on mainland Japan.  Had it occurred, it would have made Normandy look small.  The atomic bomb made that unnecessary.

- Yours Truly

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2014, 10:44:13 AM »
I agree with both of you. Roosevelt was BLOCKADING Japan. They considered that an act of war. And I am absolutely convinced that Roosevelt Knew the attack was coming. He had been warned. The Japanese embassy was evacuated and all their staff left the country.  But, Roosevelt had a problem. I think he truly believed we had to get involved in this war, but did not have the guts to convince a reluctant populace, who still remembered WW1, that it was necessary.  Engineering the "surprise attack" on Pearl Harbor would change the hearts and minds of the American people.  And it worked. 

It is hard for me not to speak judgment on his soul for that crime. If he did not serve in a time that saw men like Hitler and Stalin, it would be easy to call him evil.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2014, 06:53:20 PM »
I agree with both of you. Roosevelt was BLOCKADING Japan. They considered that an act of war. And I am absolutely convinced that Roosevelt Knew the attack was coming. He had been warned. The Japanese embassy was evacuated and all their staff left the country.  But, Roosevelt had a problem. I think he truly believed we had to get involved in this war, but did not have the guts to convince a reluctant populace, who still remembered WW1, that it was necessary.  Engineering the "surprise attack" on Pearl Harbor would change the hearts and minds of the American people.  And it worked. 

It is hard for me not to speak judgment on his soul for that crime. If he did not serve in a time that saw men like Hitler and Stalin, it would be easy to call him evil.

LIHOP

He Let It Happen On Purpose.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2014, 07:16:26 AM »

LIHOP

He Let It Happen On Purpose.

Good coinage 'Soup!   ::thumbsup::

I added that one to our acronym ledger for you...I got a feeling we'll be utilizing it a lot!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2014, 07:17:29 AM »
Y'all see this?

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blockbuster-book-deal-for-ted-cruz-1.5m-advance-bigger-than-sarah-palins/article/2546658

Seems to be the thing to do in latter day America as a prelude to running for POTUS...

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2014, 07:17:22 PM »
I added that one to our acronym ledger for you...I got a feeling we'll be utilizing it a lot!

Thank you. In that case you should add its companion piece MIHOP (Make It Happen On Purpose).

I had never heard of them until I read some leftist POS pontificating about how GW had LIHOP'd 911 so that he could justify going to Iraq (ostensibly to avenge his old man). The notion was completely insane stupid but I was struck by the concept of passive-aggressively orchestrating something so that you can then watch from the sidelines as the carnage unfolds.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2014, 08:37:31 PM »
Yeah that is pure delusion. If W. wanted a pretext to invade Iraq he could have just used the existing No Fly Zones. Fabricating a breach of the cease fire would have been a lot easier than a terrorist attack in NYC.  Plus W. does not hate America.  He would not have allowed something like that to happen knowingly.  For all his faults, I never had reason to believe he had an axe to grind with this country.  Unlike the current occupier.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2014, 07:17:46 AM »

Thank you. In that case you should add its companion piece MIHOP (Make It Happen On Purpose).

I had never heard of them until I read some leftist POS pontificating about how GW had LIHOP'd 911 so that he could justify going to Iraq (ostensibly to avenge his old man). The notion was completely insane stupid but I was struck by the concept of passive-aggressively orchestrating something so that you can then watch from the sidelines as the carnage unfolds.

Sounds Picardian, but works for me.

Done!

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php?topic=9401.msg127175#msg127175