Author Topic: 2016 Races...If Anybody Cares...  (Read 202917 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: 2016 Races...If Anybody Cares...
« Reply #300 on: August 11, 2015, 07:10:23 AM »
Ditto, except this part -

"I’m not alone. If you’re reading my blog, there’s a good chance they hate you too. Keep your head down or scream at the incoming tide as you see fit. I wish you the best of luck."

I'd change that to "Keep your powder dry and hone your skills, they'll be needed sooner than you think".

Other than that...

::clapping::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #301 on: August 12, 2015, 07:09:03 AM »
The latest DemonRat NH poll...no mater how you view it, it is a perfect reflection of how effed up this nation is that either of these two morons could be supported by anybody...and as a side commentary poor Bernie has to be depressed he cannot woo more fools away from a bloodied Hildabeast, at least he is open and honest about who he is and has so far remained free of legal and ethical quagmires of his own making.

But, what difference does it make?

Zero.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #302 on: August 12, 2015, 01:45:56 PM »
So you think a man who builds mirror-penis skyscrapers and names them all after himself is cause for hope? Rilly? To say that watching people fawn over the psycho carnival barker Trump makes me nauseous with despair is putting it mildly.

The Barnhardt Axiom:

The fact that a given person is holding or even seeking high-level public office is, in and of itself, proof that said person is morally and/or psychologically UNFIT to hold public office.

So, who said the following? I’ll give you forty-seven guesses:

1) “I probably identify more as Democrat.”

2) “I’ve been around for a long time. And it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans.”

3) “Nancy — you’re the best. Congrats. [signature]”
—Handwritten note to Speaker Nancy Pelosi

4) “Bush is probably the worst president in the history of the United States.”

5) “I’m totally pro-choice.”

6) “I want to see the abortion issue removed from politics. I believe it is a personal decision that should be left to the women and their doctors.”

7) “I’m very liberal when it comes to health care. I believe in universal health care.”

8) “The Canadian plan also helps Canadians live longer and healthier than Americans… We need, as a nation, to reexamine the single-payer plan.”

9) “By imposing a one-time 14.25 percent net-worth tax on the richest individuals and trusts, we can put America on sound financial footing for the next century.”

10) “I think he [Obama] has a chance to go down as a great president.”

Stumped?  I’ll give you a hint.  This person has donated over $100,000 to the Clinton Foundation, and Hillary Clinton sat in the FRONT ROW of this person’s most recent wedding.

I’d just like to also mention for the record the fact that we are all up-in-arms about Pope Francid and his Franboys getting ready to eviscerate the sacrament of marriage later this fall, but don’t even bat an eyelash when public figures have a string of ex-spouses.  I guess I’m just being completely unreasonable, unrealistic and… wait for it… IMMODERATE to expect any degree of intellectual consistency from anyone, ever.  After all, it’s a post-modern world, and the essence and battlecry of modernism is, “WE DON’T ACTUALLY BELIEVE WHAT WE BELIEVE!”

So here’s the answer.  All of the quotes above are from the second coming of George Washington, or Constantine – oh, no wait.  The second coming of Constantine is Putin…

…That developer of mirror-penis skyscrapers which he then names after himself, because that is so totally NOT indicative of anything even remotely problematic:

The only function I would attend with Bill and/or Hillary Clinton, people who are rapists, murderers and guilty of capital crimes against humanity, would be their public executions.

And National Polls say Trump is the current choice of the Amercian people - because he is really a Statist Narcisssitic asshat and is the new choice for non-conservatives to run for President under the GOP banner.  I think the eGOP is attacking him just to make him look populist and so they can pretend that he isn't thier first choice.  They knew perfectly well they couldn't nominate anyone within the ranks- they knew that there would be great pressure for a Tea-Party non-establishment type, so they back room deal a shameless narcissistic guy who would be easy to manipulate into this position.

Conspiracy Theory? Perhaps. But I think its perfectly reasonable they the establishment needed a new Ron Paul to make liberty and freedom minded people look like ignorant tupe wearing bigots. The poll numbers are proably all fake, but even if they aren't that is the point isn't it? They are either trying to lead the polls or the polls have already been led..

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #303 on: August 12, 2015, 02:03:25 PM »
Larry Correia's take, which is pretty funny in spots.  And ya, he's been pretty good as picking it in the past.

Cruz vs Hillary

http://monsterhunternation.com/2015/08/11/my-election-predictions/

Bernie is nuts, but he’s honest. He skips right over all the typical democrat feel good, heart string tugging reasons why they think the government should control everything, and gets right to the government controlling everything. He is economically illiterate. Those Occupy Democrat memes going around Facebook where they are quoting Bernie f***ing up some basic economic principle are literally painful. Every time you share one of those, an accountant dies.

I've had to borrow a few lives from my cat, due to Facebook exposure.   ::laughonfloor::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #304 on: August 12, 2015, 02:34:18 PM »
he goes on to say what I was saying about Trump

The thing everybody needs to remember is that every single election cycle we go through this period where the media tries to pick the eventual GOP candidate for us. Their criteria are A. Can the democrat eventually beat them? And B. If they do somehow win, will they not rock the boat too bad for democrats? McCain is the greatest example of that ever. This time around their obvious pick was Jeb Bush. For weeks it was Jeb, Jeb, Jeb. Only Jeb was dull and Trump makes great TV. If you look at early polling it almost always correlates with how much media attention the candidate is receiving. So, a candidate polling at 5% is usually getting 5% of the coverage, etc.

Trump comes along, he’s bombastic, unapologetic, and simply does not give a sh*t. The real lesson to be taken from Trump and Bernie is that many Americans are so damned tired of the establishment and the media that they’ll root for anybody, no matter how crazy they are, if they’ll just quit sucking up and actually stand for something.

But here is the problem with Trump, and it isn’t his personality or being willing to insult people (because if I’m judging these people on personality, I’d probably get along with him in person way better than most of the others, and the Rosie line made me do a spit take). It is because he’s been a Republican less time than Bernie has been a Democrat. When I’ve talked to the hard core Stormtrumpers they’ll say he’s great on the border! Okay, but what about his record on abortion, guns, crony capitalism, government intervention, eminent domain, and single payer healthcare? Suck, suck, suck… oh but on that one he evolved… This week.

For the people convinced that Trump is the Real Conservative in the race, and that the other 15 are all RINOs, put down the crack pipe. This is the same guy who a couple of years ago was outraged about violent videogames and saying how somebody needed to do something about them. Yeah, there’s a dude totally grounded in the Bill of Rights.

And before any fanatical Trump fan yells at me again about Megan Kelly was mean and how I just listen to FOX News, I cancelled cable like a year ago, so I don’t watch TV news unless I’m on it. Sheesh. The hard core Trump fans remind me a lot of the old hard core Ron Paul fans.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #305 on: August 12, 2015, 02:46:33 PM »
"They knew perfectly well they couldn't nominate anyone within the ranks- they knew that there would be great pressure for a Tea-Party non-establishment type, so they back room deal a shameless narcissistic guy who would be easy to manipulate into this position."

Whoa, Nelly!  Next thing you know Weisshaupt will be telling us there is no difference between the DemonRats and Republiprogs!

/

;D

And I like Larry's humor and style, several quips there made me chortle (the Hillary sorta being a "woman shaped carbon based life form" being one instance!) and I think his analysis is spot on.  But, like he acknowledged, Cruz's biggest problem is the GOP machine and all the Ruling Class asshats connected to it.  They will use whatever they have to to be sure the likes of Cruz never EVER gets their nomination.  The Butthead has probably been secretly gathering all sorts of manufactured BS and is busy printing thousands of "You will do this or I will bury you!" business cards to employ on contributors, congresscritters, media hacks and sundry other useful idiots.  Plus, Cruz has already drawn the ire of every Grand Poohbah in the E-GOP, they will delight in crucifying him.  Plus, I think he is greatly overestimating the intelligence of the E-GOP...or underestimating its stupidity, works either way...and he is discounting the chances of Jeb.  Jeb, like McCain is not well liked.  Jeb, like McCain seems to garner this larger-than-the-GOP appeal...that mentally handicapped kind of Zen that brings in swarms of "independent" voters that the establishment poohbahs always think will catapult them over the top and eliminate the need to give a rats ass about the rabble-rousing conservative and tea party ilk.  Plus, he habla Espanol, so the poohbahs will be dizzy with delight in having a candidate who will woo the undocumented American voter.  And for some reason he thinks it unusual for the GOP to pick as big an ass as the Dem's.  And, I think he understates the real chances of Walker.  Unlike Cruz or even Paul or Rubio...Walker has not been on the E-GOP's targeting radar.  Not that he couldn't quickly ascend, I just think the type of guy Walker is, the time he takes to cultivate support...if he begins to get traction with the people he could just keep gaining strength and roll to victory before the E-GOP could do squat about it.  That is the one good thing about the Trump flirtation and the rising buzz of Fiorina, and the benefit of Cruz and Paul and Rubio...it makes it harder for the E-GOP to focus its vitriol.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #306 on: August 12, 2015, 07:20:53 PM »
I wish that I could claim credit for Trump. If I could I'd call it "Soup's Revenge"

He would be a worse train wreck that even Øbongo.

"The hell you say!"

Yep, cuz no one - left or right - would be willing to work with him.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #307 on: August 13, 2015, 07:07:47 AM »
Same was true of Perot, Red/Blue would have blown him off too.

See how little has changed?

::unknowncomic::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #308 on: August 13, 2015, 07:55:55 AM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2015/08/12/cnn-poll-of-iowa-trump-22-carson-14-walker-9-cruz-8-fiorina-7/

Throw away Trump, and I really would have no problem with that top 4.  As good as you could ask for.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #309 on: August 13, 2015, 08:35:23 AM »
I have problems with Carson's 2A stuff.
Fiorina isn't a conservative.
Cruz is constitutionally ineligible (although I like him, I think) along with his wife's Goldman connections.
Walker has some good points but I just read he committed $400 million of state funds to some sports arena

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #310 on: August 13, 2015, 08:36:38 AM »
Oh, I don't like for President but am enjoying how he's shaking things up and making the e-GOP pee their pants

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #311 on: August 13, 2015, 10:33:07 AM »
Instapundit:

August 11, 2015

VACLAV HAVEL’S ‘POWER OF THE POWERLESS’ ENDURES, J. Christian Adams writes, and notes that Havel’s writing also explains why “The problems this nation faces will not vanish with the election of a Republican, no matter what the Beltway consultants tell you in radio ads and fundraising emails.  The problems run much deeper now. The bureaucratic state has become unmoored from the political branches.”
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #312 on: August 13, 2015, 10:46:47 AM »
I remember (vaguely) from my college history courses that a president took on the bureaucracy.
I want to say it was Cleveland but I could be wrong.

A president who would take that battle on (and win) would go down as one of the greatest

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #313 on: August 13, 2015, 10:56:07 AM »
Instapundit:

August 11, 2015

VACLAV HAVEL’S ‘POWER OF THE POWERLESS’ ENDURES, J. Christian Adams writes, and notes that Havel’s writing also explains why “The problems this nation faces will not vanish with the election of a Republican, no matter what the Beltway consultants tell you in radio ads and fundraising emails.  The problems run much deeper now. The bureaucratic state has become unmoored from the political branches.”

Havel described the post-totalitarian system as:

… thoroughly permeated with hypocrisy and lies: government by bureaucracy is called popular government, the working class is enslaved in the name of the working class, the complete degradation of the individual is presented as his ultimate liberation, depriving people of information is called making it available …  and the arbitrary use of power is called observing the legal code.

What was down is up, what is outside is in, what was wrong is now right. Some call this a fundamental transformation.  Havel calls it the culture of the lie.
A person who has been seduced by the consumer value system, whose identity is dissolved in an amalgam of the accouterments of mass civilization, and who has no roots in the order of being, no sense of responsibility for anything higher than his own personal survival, is a demoralized person. The system depends on this demoralization, deepens it, is in fact a projection of it into society.
Havel describes a post-totalitarian system:

… utterly obsessed with the need to bind everything in a single order; life in such a state is thoroughly permeated by a dense network of regulations, proclamations, directives, norms, orders, and rules. (It is not called a bureaucratic system without good reason.) … [The] legal code serves the post-totalitarian system in this direct way as well, that is, it too forms a part of the world of regulations and prohibitions … Like ideology, the legal code functions as an excuse. It wraps the base exercise of power in the noble apparel of the letter of the law.

I’ll leave it to you, the reader, to decide whether America in 2015 is closer to Jefferson’s vision or Havel’s nightmare.

Havel warned that in Western democracies, with greater technology, “people are manipulated in ways that are infinitely more subtle and refined than the brutal methods used in the post totalitarian society.” Secularized, Western democracy may invite, according to Havel, an inadequate bulwark against the rise of the suffocating state.

But to cling to the notion of traditional parliamentary democracy as one’s political ideal and to succumb to the illusion that only this tried and true form is capable of guaranteeing human beings enduring dignity and an independent role in society would, in my opinion, be at the very least, shortsighted.

The Crusader who would dismantle this behemoth would indeed go down in history AP, but alas that is a battle that cannot be won, not within the system anyway.

So...

Sadly, I must go with "nightmare", the evidence is overwhelming and the momentum irreversible.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #314 on: August 13, 2015, 11:18:26 AM »
PS- This is scary!

But, I don't think suicide is in Donald's nature...

But maybe bad prognostications are in his wheelhouse...

http://iotwreport.com/trump-expects-to-run-against-joe-biden/

Plugs?   ::laughonfloor::

Even assuming Clinton can't beat the rap...

The Progs would go all-in on Fauxahontas or even Bernie Sanders before getting to lower tier idiots like Biden, Gore or Kerry or whatever...

Not that it makes a difference to us...

And...

Was not aware of a smear campaign against Carson, but he is responding to it...

http://iotwreport.com/ben-carson-responds-to-fetal-tissue-smear/

It's beyond obvious this came from the Ruling Class, but which E-GOP stooge?  Doesn't matter...it's right out of The Butthead manual...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 11:27:01 AM by Libertas »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #315 on: August 14, 2015, 12:24:45 PM »
"BlackLivesMatter" chased Bernie Sanders off the stage, twice and was covered by the internet media.

This ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3196040/Jeb-Bush-forced-abandon-rally-early-activists-start-chanting-Black-Lives-Matter.html

.... didn't find it anywhere on American media.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #316 on: August 15, 2015, 03:49:37 PM »
This has Trump-Funded Psy-op written all over it

But these two "Stump for Trump" women are hilarious. I love how one's job is just to sit there providing that secondary black-attitude tribal affirmation to what the first says - like watching a Black church revival where they say 'Amen Brother' after every sentence... its so stereo-typical and so effective, that yeah, i think its planned to be that way, and probably deployed by the Trump team to put down the #blacklivesmatter- (but  the lives of conservatives don't) hashtag nonsense before it begins ... .

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #317 on: August 17, 2015, 08:40:07 AM »
That video is showing up everywhere.  I swear we have it in three difference links now!

But, to the larger point...

I guess I don't care if Trump is a gimmick.  Let's assume the worst, let's say Faux News and the E-GOP/Ruling Class/Neo-Con cabal is correct and Trump is there to stink up the GOP festivities...so effing what?!

Who is Trump pissing off?

The E-GOP/Ruling Class/Neo-Con crowd..or the genuinely conservative/tea party and more independent-minded sort?

The E-GOP/Ruling Class/Neo-Con crowd of course!  So, debate over.

As I heard many times..."I like what Trump is saying, I'm just not sure I like it coming from Trump".

Exactly!

If this helps to flush out the establishment clowns and forces them to double-down on stupid or lie about their position or waffle at all...the inclusion of Trump is serving a much needed service...and if it emboldens better candidates to step up their game, so much the better.

I like the idea of something shiny drawing the lion's share of Rovian saboteurs, let them spend precious resources!   ::evil::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #318 on: August 17, 2015, 12:14:57 PM »
Oh, sh*t!

An endorsement from a sh*thead is not an endorsement you should accept, if Donald were smart he'd disavow this widow-suing steriod-addled twitchy-headed butt-monkey!!!

And something I discovered recently, my ZH account has been reawakened...I must have passed some banishment period, but like a hardened prisoner released from the gulag, I'm not moderating my voice...could not pass the opportunity to light up this butt-monkey!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:18:53 PM by Libertas »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #319 on: August 17, 2015, 01:00:51 PM »
Running mate -- not gonna happen. 

And I suspect Trump will appear almost anywhere and with almost anyone and say "he/she is nice" about almost anyone with their fangs not out for him.  He's a businessman, a networker, and an opportunist; "almost never pass up a chance to make a useful connection".

Notice I wrote "almost"; the man is no fool.