Author Topic: RIP Sid Caesar age 91, 1922-2014  (Read 959 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
RIP Sid Caesar age 91, 1922-2014
« on: February 12, 2014, 05:31:16 PM »
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 03:22:30 PM by richb »

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: RIP Sid Caesar age 91, 1922-2014
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 07:34:55 PM »
Definitely a class act when comedy was wholesome. RIP, Sid. ::praying::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 09:37:42 PM »
I remember Your Show of Shows and Imogene Coco

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 06:42:50 AM »
He was a heck a talent and the writers from his show were amazing, truly one of the greats.  A WWII Coastie too.

R.I.P. Sid.

PS-When I heard his passing on the radio, the guys on the radio show were talking about this Sid experience witnessed by Mel Brooks:

Sid and the Cabbie: "During the same engagement, (Caesar) scraped one of those taxicabs I talked to you about. He rented a car, and he scraped it. And the guy said, 'You stupid son of a bitch.' You don't ever say that to Sid Caesar because not only was he the strongest comic or comedian that ever lived, he was the strongest person in the world. So he gets out of the car. And I say, 'Sid, no, no. We are in Chicago. We are not in New York.' Let's not make trouble, you know... He said, 'I just want to apologize for scraping it.' I said, 'You want to kill him. I know you.' So he walks over to the car. The guy sees this kind of brutal, giant guy, Sid Caesar. And he just opens ... this little triangle window they used to have in those days. He says, 'Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.' And... Sid says, 'Do you remember your birth?''

“So the guy says, 'What? What?' He says, 'Do you remember being born? Can you remember any of it?' And the guy says, 'What? Are you crazy?' He said, 'Your birth, try to remember. Try to remember being born.' And the guy is already scared enough, and he backs up. Sid reaches in this little clipper window, and he says, 'Never mind. You are going to remember. We are going to reenact it.' And he starts pulling him through this little — I had to bite his hand, you know. That was — I think I saved — you know, I saved a very strange phenomenon from happening.”

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/talkintv/2013/05/brooks-stories-you-wont-hear-tonight.html

I could just see him doing this!   ::hysterical::

Funny...I didn't even know this story when a long time ago on my first motorcycle when I was just back from the Navy and still young and strong and had a hair-trigger temper...guy cuts me off, I get up at the next intersection and didn't waste time exchanging curses...I just reached into the guys open window and starting grabbing his throat!

Once I heard this story of the cabbie I kinda felt a kinship with Sid!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.