Author Topic: Gay Chevy  (Read 3472 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Gay Chevy
« on: February 13, 2014, 05:13:46 PM »
You've probably seen them if you're watching the Olympics.

TV commercials that feature gay couples, brought to you by Chevrolet

The ads are the latest example of advertisers trying to be more inclusive in terms of who they show in their commercials. During the Super Bowl last week, Cheerios featured an interracial couple and Coca-Cola showcased a diverse array of families from different ethnicities and backgrounds, including a gay couple. The Coke ad was the first time a gay couple had been featured in a Super Bowl ad.

The ads "truly reflect the fabric of our nation, which today includes gay and lesbian families," GLAAD CEO Sarah Kate Ellis said.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Gay Chevy
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 05:37:59 PM »
They truly reflect, do they now?  So the 1-2% of the population that now make up seemingly 1/3rd of sitcom characters is what they call true reflection.  Speaking of ads, ever see those Sonic drive-thru commercials? It may not be overt, but those have been portraying gay men consistently.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 05:42:48 PM »
For a stinkin', at the most, 3% of the population, they're in every movie, TV programs and commercials, print ads and run-way.  This is not inclusiveness nor a demonstration of "our diverse population", it's flat out in yer face propaganda.

If what was really wanted was an equal distribution according to population, there'd be more straights working in beauty parlors all over this country.

eta:  I've all but echoed Glock, I see.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 06:07:44 PM »
It doesn't reflect society and they know it. It doesn't matter if they manage to become 99% of the population they will never be normal and they know it.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 06:11:26 PM »
I'm not selling my Chevy truck - but I won't let no fags ride in it neither ;')

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 06:20:39 PM »
For a stinkin', at the most, 3% of the population, they're in every movie, TV programs and commercials, print ads and run-way.  This is not inclusiveness nor a demonstration of "our diverse population", it's flat out in yer face propaganda.

If what was really wanted was an equal distribution according to population, there'd be more straights working in beauty parlors all over this country.

eta:  I've all but echoed Glock, I see.

Most creditable surveys say that far less then 1% are gay.   Not even 2 or 3% that many groups claim,  let alone the 10% that a few throw out there.    If fairness was wanted by the liberal elite,  there would have to be far more shows with Christians as the main characters.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 07:59:37 PM »
A GM retiree told me the other day that GMC = Gay Man's Chevvy.   ::whatgives::
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 09:57:27 PM »

Great. You've been talking to my youngest son. That's what he calls my truck.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 10:33:52 PM »
I was always under the impression that GMC was the somewhat upfit version of the base model Chevy. I just remember going to pick up a brand new GMC Sierra fleet truck for my then-employer and the dealership salesman went on some spiel about it having a more rugged suspension than the Chevy version.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 07:55:34 AM »
I was always under the impression that GMC was the somewhat upfit version of the base model Chevy. I just remember going to pick up a brand new GMC Sierra fleet truck for my then-employer and the dealership salesman went on some spiel about it having a more rugged suspension than the Chevy version.

And we all know salesmen are honest. ::laughonfloor::

It's the exact same truck, just different badges. And unless I can get a 70's model at a good price, this will be my last GM truck.

I can't say GM product, because the wife drives what she wants. If Momma's not happy, nobody's happy.

Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 08:21:53 AM »
Some people buy their cars based on reviews, quality rankings, resell value, options, size, and the like.

Some people buy their cars because they saw one guy humping another guy's ass on TV.

I guess myself and Low Information America just live in two different worlds.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 09:09:49 AM »

Is his name Tony?  ::rolllaughing::
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 11:47:26 AM »

They come off the same production line.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 11:49:41 AM »
I can't say GM product, because the wife drives what she wants. If Momma's not happy, nobody's happy.

My wife and I say ANY GM product. Bad, bad experiences with dependability.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 05:09:46 PM »

Is his name Tony?  ::rolllaughing::

Close. Donovan. ::hysterical::

Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2014, 05:11:07 PM »

My wife and I say ANY GM product. Bad, bad experiences with dependability.

I've had great luck with all the brands except Dodge cars. The wife has had 2 and there will never be another in our driveway. Dodge trucks? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2014, 10:03:56 PM »
I've had great luck with all the brands except Dodge cars. The wife has had 2 and there will never be another in our driveway. Dodge trucks? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Ever since before I got my driver's license (about 56 years ago), I wouldn't pee on any part of a Chrysler product.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2014, 10:18:39 PM »
I just can't make myself buy a GM product. I don't even consider them. Now that ford is going to create an aluminum truck, I guess they will fall from my buy list too. First it was the Eco boost and the salesman trying to convince me that v6 will pull my bass boat just fine......now they will create a truck that weighs less than my bass rig. So no thanks.

It leaves Toyota and Nissan. I bought the 5.6 Nissan. Great truck. Pulls my boat like it isn't even there. Runs like a charm. Great tire wear. Solid truck. I don't know what I will do when all the manufacturers need to make their trucks out of paper to meet the ever increasing mpg demands. Guess I'll find an older model and drop a new engine and tranny into it.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2014, 10:26:58 PM »
I'm brand agnostic. I currently have a (Chrysler) Durango, a Ford E350 van (was my dads), a Chevy Blazer, and my two '37 Chevy pickups. I like them all, each in its own way.

I never have and likely never will purchase a brand new vehicle. If I had to I'd be in a world of hurt trying to figure out what to buy.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2014, 10:40:54 PM »
I'm brand agnostic. I currently have a (Chrysler) Durango, a Ford E350 van (was my dads), a Chevy Blazer, and my two '37 Chevy pickups. I like them all, each in its own way.

I never have and likely never will purchase a brand new vehicle. If I had to I'd be in a world of hurt trying to figure out what to buy.

I can't get over the whole GM bailout. It's my little protest. I didn't buy my Nissan new because I don't buy new vehicles either. Mine is a 2012. Had 25k on it. I don't know what I will do once no one will build a v8 because of the mileage issues. I know I don't want to pull my boat with a truck that weighs less than what it's pulling.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.