Author Topic: Does the Earth go round the sun?  (Read 844 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Does the Earth go round the sun?
« on: February 18, 2014, 10:45:48 AM »
Confirmed  Yes, they ARE that stupid.  You suspected as much when it was reported that only 3/4 people could get that right.  THe disturbing number i show mnay conservatives get it wrong, but then,  we know those idiots are there.. they keep voting to the GOP

Note the heading "conservative democrat"  - you have to be dumb to think such a  thing even exists. Like wise "liberal conservative" etc..  The terms are meaningless- the question is do they sound nice to you and do you want to be called that.. I have to wonder how many "independent Liberals " qaulify as classical liberals and actually value liberty.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 10:49:17 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Re: Does the Earth go round the sun?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 12:02:55 PM »

Note the heading "conservative democrat"  - you have to be dumb to think such a  thing even exists. Like wise "liberal conservative" etc..

Those terms are mutually exclusive. Redundant.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 12:08:07 PM »
Apparently 32.7% of Conservative Republicans (and really, what is that?) are lying about being conservative.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 05:22:25 PM »
Of course they are blaming homeschoolers and private Christian schools for it.   But of course its the publik skools that are far more likely producing these whiz kids. 

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 09:35:15 PM »
Yes, the Earth revolves around the sun but in the eyes of the media the entire universe revolves around the Obamas and Clintons.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 11:15:38 PM »
The HSLDA published a short essay from a homeschooling mom once who worked as a substitute in her local school. The recently college-graduated 2nd grade teacher in the classroom next to her once stopped in to ask her this very question. The 2nd grade teacher saw it in her class materials and was astounded to discover the Earth revolves around the sun.

One of my kids' favorite stories that illustrates that they have nothing to fear as homeschooled kids. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 11:17:41 PM »
No, the earth doesn't go around the sun.  The sun, the moon and the stars revolve around the Left.  Just ask 'em, they'll tell you.  As it has ever been, as it ever will be.

/

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 09:40:12 AM »
I learned this stuff in elementary school towards the beginning. Not that it matters.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 10:44:42 AM »
Yeah I thought everyone learned this in elementary school science.  I even learned the terms for it: geocentric vs. heliocentric. That was in elementary school. How a grown adult can be that unaware, I'll never know (well, actually I do -- our entire culture lauds ignorance and helplessness).
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 11:49:03 AM »
Does the Earth go round the sun?

Yes.

But libiots sure do like Uranus.

::rimshot::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.