Author Topic: Copenhagen Zoo explains its decision to euthanize a healthy 2-year-old giraffe  (Read 669 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Poor Marius.

At 10 a.m. Sunday morning, the young giraffe was put down by his minders at the Copenhagen Zoo, despite the fact that he was perfectly healthy (and utterly adorable). Then, with television cameras rolling and dozens of families watching, the giraffe’s body was skinned and carved up for tiger meat.

The zoo said it had no choice but to euthanize the 2-year-old giraffe because Marius was part of an international breeding program whose bylaws prohibit inbreeding in an effort to maintain the health of the stock.

These are some sick people.  Betcha they are part, as well, of the group of enviro harpies screeching about "endangered species".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
I guess tigers gotta eat, too.

Although I'm pretty sure there were plenty of location that would have taken him off their hands.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Now the zoo is complaining about receiving death threats. Color me surprised.

Offline fordguy_85

I guess tigers gotta eat, too.

Although I'm pretty sure there were plenty of location that would have taken him off their hands.
Careful now, you're almost making sense...
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
There is irony all-around here!

If a Giraffe is slaughtered in the wild by tigers, hey, no biggie, it's what animals do and it's just the cycle of life...whack 'em in a zoo and feed him to tigers...oh shyt, we can't have that?! 

Hilarious.

And maybe they could have chose not to breed him, if inbreeding is a concern?  Just snip 'em and keep him.  Well, I guess who wants a neutered Giraffe, eh?  Plus, gotta fed 'em right?  Yeah, that latter part, you know what most do?  They sell feed to the visitors to feed the critter, kids and even adults get a kick out of dropping food on their really long tongues!

Obviously the zoo saw a chance to save on tiger food and took it.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.