Author Topic: Medical Center won't let patients watch Fox News  (Read 825 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Medical Center won't let patients watch Fox News
« on: February 17, 2014, 11:58:38 PM »
Medical Center won't let patients watch Fox News
By Todd StarnesPublished February 13, 2014 FoxNews.com

websiteinternal191.jpg

I imagine the only thing worse than being forced to watch CNN inside an airport terminal is being forced to watch it in a doctor’s office.

So you can imagine my surprise when I discovered a Michigan health care facility, funded by federal tax dollars, blocked Fox News Channel from its waiting room television sets.

The president of Family Health Care directed staff to block Fox News after a board member complained about our network’s coverage of the Affordable Care Act, an employee told me.

“The board member complained that patients were turning the channel to Fox News,” said the employee who asked not to be identified for reasons related to the unemployment line. “They are pro-ObamaCare and they felt (Fox’s) stance did not mesh with our stance.”

Family Health Care is a private, non-profit business that operates community health centers in five Michigan towns. According to the employee, the health centers have ObamaCare facilitators on site to help people apply for the program.

The employee provided me a copy of an internal office memorandum that confirms the home of “Fair & Balanced” news is blocked.

“A while ago Kathy Sather had asked all sites not to air the Fox News channel on the public waiting room TV’s,” wrote a network manager in an email to staff members on Feb. 4. “Today I blocked the channel on both the medical and dental waiting rooms.”

Sather is president of Family Health Care.

“I did check with staff and they mentioned often the visitors are changing channels on the TV’s,” the network manager wrote. “I now have both TV’s blocking that channel, so the public won’t be able to change the station. If anyone asks for the TV to be put on that channel please let them know we cannot air that channel.”

That edict didn’t set well with the employee who contacted me.

“I feel like we are being manipulated,” the employee said. “Who are they to say you can’t watch something? If the patient wants to put on Fox they should be able to put on Fox.”

I can hear the stomping of the jack boots in the background.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/02/13/medical-center-wont-let-patients-watch-fox-news/?intcmp=latestnews
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Medical Center won't let patients watch Fox News
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 01:57:10 AM »
I heard a caller to our local Raleigh talk radio station today claim it was Fox News which aired the Zimmerman 911 call with the pertinent section edited out to implicate him in racism -- you remember, the part where the dispatcher *asked* for racial information.  Of course, it was MSNBC that did that, not Fox News.

People don't hear/see/know this stuff for themselves, they just parrot/ape the Presstitutes positions on many things.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 06:32:22 AM »
Democrat leftists are a cowardly animal, aren't they?

Censorship is the mark of an utter coward.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 06:54:23 AM »
I heard a caller to our local Raleigh talk radio station today claim it was Fox News which aired the Zimmerman 911 call with the pertinent section edited out to implicate him in racism -- you remember, the part where the dispatcher *asked* for racial information.  Of course, it was MSNBC that did that, not Fox News.

People don't hear/see/know this stuff for themselves, they just parrot/ape the Presstitutes positions on many things.

I would go as far as to say that a large majority aren't 1/100th as "plugged-in" as we are. They go to work, go to happy hour, live their lives, and the only "news" they are exposed to is the headlines on the newspaper rack in the convenience store every few days.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 08:08:53 AM »
Throw the TV through their window.  Pop an alka-seltzer in your mouth and scream "It's Bush's fault!".  Problem solved.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 08:39:44 AM »

I would go as far as to say that a large majority aren't 1/100th as "plugged-in" as we are. They go to work, go to happy hour, live their lives, and the only "news" they are exposed to is the headlines on the newspaper rack in the convenience store every few days.

Is it just me, or is everyone else going to enjoy it when the non-observant suddenly get crushed by "sudden" inflation, job loss and a jackboot on their neck.
Its too much work to pay attention?  Well, suffer the costs of not doing so and see how much work that is.  Seriously they all know someone like us who is informed,  and they have all told us to talk to the hand- even if they held back on calling us tin-foil hat wearing, alarmist or racist.

I don't educate anyone anymore  as a part of  Op sec, but those whom I did talk to before  are either keeping their distance or have acknowledged in small ways that they know that I warned them.  The Squishy middle of non-partisans "living their lives" deserve what they get as well.. because not paying attention and trusting the herd to warn them of danger is just about as liberal a behavior as you can get.  I don't care how nice you are-- if someone shows you the smoke and you refuse to leave the room because there are 8 leftards  still calmly seated,  you deserve to die with the leftards.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 08:46:32 AM »
Is it just me, or is everyone else going to enjoy it when the non-observant suddenly get crushed by "sudden" inflation, job loss and a jackboot on their neck.

From ME to THEE: It is NOT just you!  ::thumbsup::

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 11:51:58 AM »

Its too much work to pay attention?  Well, suffer the costs of not doing so and see how much work that is.  Seriously they all know someone like us who is informed,  and they have all told us to talk to the hand- even if they held back on calling us tin-foil hat wearing, alarmist or racist.

I don't educate anyone anymore  as a part of  Op sec, but those whom I did talk to before  are either keeping their distance or have acknowledged in small ways that they know that I warned them.  The Squishy middle of non-partisans "living their lives" deserve what they get as well.. because not paying attention and trusting the herd to warn them of danger is just about as liberal a behavior as you can get.  I don't care how nice you are-- if someone shows you the smoke and you refuse to leave the room because there are 8 leftards  still calmly seated,  you deserve to die with the leftards.

Absolutely, and that's the thing -- they know all the wrong kind of nuthin' and when one tries to correct them to the truth, it's a "don't confuse me with the facts" attitude.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 01:41:15 PM »
I am prepared for a world in which schadenfreude may well be my sole source of pleasure. And do we ever some Grade A schadenfreude in the makings, all around us. It's the type of schadenfreude that will require a cigarette afterwards.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 07:32:02 AM »
I am prepared for a world in which schadenfreude may well be my sole source of pleasure. And do we ever some Grade A schadenfreude in the makings, all around us. It's the type of schadenfreude that will require a cigarette afterwards.

Yup.

Might warrent a drink too, and maybe some shootin'!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 10:36:36 AM »

Sad but true. I have to remind myself of this because some of it seems to obvious to me! But many choose not to be informed. Why would they? They don't want to have to alter their behavior.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 01:07:13 PM »
It's interesting that lil' ol' me didn't have to change any of my views about liberals or politics. I've hated them for as long as I can remember, and I've espoused conservatism for that same period.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 07:12:09 PM »
My brother was telling me that when ever he goes to a hospital/doctor/clinic waiting room with a tv he feels obligated to turn on FOX News. No one has challenged him yet. :)
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 12:30:54 AM »
My brother was telling me that when ever he goes to a hospital/doctor/clinic waiting room with a tv he feels obligated to turn on FOX News. No one has challenged him yet. :)

I know I have left Fox News on about a dozen TV's in hospitals (nephew has health issues).   His problems make me terrified of Obamacare.   Insurance has paid out over $2 million already,  with few to no issues.   I know that if we were dependent for $2 million from Barrycare,  we would have major problems. 

In the case of that stupid hospital,  I think "TV be gone" is the solution.   No Fox News,  no TV's on anything.  I had a high school teacher who hated television.   Later he became a friend.   When I saw the "TV be gone"  I knew he would want one.    What it is is a tiny universal TV remote with only a off switch on it.   I got one for him and he told me about every time I saw him how he loved it.    He loved how he could turn off TV's without people knowing it was him.   hehe heh heh