Author Topic: NICS rejections  (Read 727 times)

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
Re: NICS rejections
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 10:49:36 AM »
That works about as good as a filtration system that only catches large birds and small children. 
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: NICS rejections
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 11:52:45 AM »
OK.

#1 - First part is a no-brainer, but what "offenses" under part B?  If not violent, wtf?!
#2 - Fugitive is a little vague, from who, why, and are they a convicted felon?  Does this include folks with unpaid parking tickets that a warrant has been issued?  I bet it does!  And that'd be BS!  Like #1 part B, show me the violence!
#3 - Is a misdomeanor include violence?  I doubt it, so if not a violent conviction, this looks like a blanket catch-all.
#4 - Misdomeanor possession of weed weighted same as smack junkie?  Probably.  Conviction is one thing, what about post-conviction of a misdomeanor sentence and the person went through treatment and is clean for a year...no break for them huh, condemned for life?  Might as well just tell them to illegally carry firearms if they are want to protect themselves and their families, that would at least be more honest.
#5 - I don't even know wtf this is!  Sounds like a BS catch-all.
#6 - Wow, again no history/conviction with violence, all are the same, eh?
#7 - Under indictment?  That's it?  No waiting for innocence or guilt eh?  And wtf is under information?!  Another nebulous catch-all.
#8 - State says you're nucking futs, case over.  No appeal, zip.  I expect ObamaCare to propel this criteria to number one status in short order.  Anti-gun LEO's probably cannot wait to use this excuse with inpunity!  You went to family counselling, obviously your sencond amendment rights are forfeit. This one really has the potential for massive abuse.
#9 - Can't argue with that one...can argue if the Fed's and others are enforcing it though.
#10 - Terrorists?  Makes sense.  Wait, who are defined as terrorists again?
#11 - Again, if not booted out for a violent crime of some sort, not sure if that is fair.  A person can screw up and turn their life around.
#12 - A no-brainer.

As with most things affecting ones rights...the devil is in the details!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.