Author Topic: Train Derailments  (Read 1601 times)

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Train Derailments
« on: February 20, 2014, 08:17:47 AM »
Train Derailments reaching "crisis point"

Between 1975 and 2010 only 800,000 gallons of crude oil spilled from rail tankers. But in 2013 alone, over 1.15 million gallons of oil spilled. That is because shipping oil by rail has skyrocketed from fewer than 10,000 carloads in 2009 to more than 400,000 in 2013.

Again, if patriots were acting as terrorists in the US, this is exactly what their efforts would look like.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Train Derailments
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 08:41:13 AM »
And the statists will blame oil too, so they can crack down on that...everything gets the answer "crackdown!".
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 10:10:32 AM »
One of the reasons shipment by rail has increased is because we can't build pipelines anywhere. In particular the Keystone XL northern section that would connect with the oil fields in Alberta. Instead it's being shipped over the border by rail, since that benefits Warren Buffet's operations and he's a crony of the administration. Ain't fascism fun?

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 10:11:39 AM »
As pipelines continue to not be approved more oil will be shipped by train (flexible pipelines) so expect to see total spillage increase as well.  I wonder what the rate of spillage is (spilled / total shipped)?
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 12:58:19 PM »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/02/nebraska-judge-throws-out-pipeline-law-complicating-keystone-plans/

District Court judge Stephanie F. Stacy blocked Gov. Dave Heineman (R) and other defendants “from taking any action on the governor’s January 22, 2013 approval of the Keystone XL Pipeline route,” such as allowing land to be acquired by eminent domain for the project.

Stacy concluded that the state legislature’s decision to take the siting power away from its Public Service Commission and give it Heineman violated the state’s constitution.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 01:01:45 PM »
The Left is not allowed to lose. Nothing is determined until the Left wins. Then it is "settled law" and "the people have spoken".
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 02:24:47 PM »
If the Gov had balls he's pull an Obama and just issue a decree and dare this uppity judge to try and stop him!

Yeah, right!  What the hell was I thinking?!   ::hysterical::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 07:15:38 PM »
One of the reasons shipment by rail has increased is because we can't build pipelines anywhere. In particular the Keystone XL northern section that would connect with the oil fields in Alberta. Instead it's being shipped over the border by rail, since that benefits Warren Buffet's operations and he's a crony of the administration. Ain't fascism fun?
Can't build pipelines because sugar daddies Soros and that other tax dodger, Warren Buffett, are making millions off shipping it by rail. I would love to spill their blood. ::guillotine::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 08:24:33 AM »
Can't build pipelines because sugar daddies Soros and that other tax dodger, Warren Buffett, are making millions off shipping it by rail. I would love to spill their blood. ::guillotine::

Well jeez, Warp.  You start tellin' the truth ain't gonna make things better!

But I like it!   ::thumbsup::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 05:06:35 PM »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 07:29:20 AM »
The sonofabtch vetoed the pipeline bill and get a load of his "reasoning".

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/02/24/obama-vetoes-keystone-pipeline-bill-because-it-infringes-on-the-executive-branchs-prerogatives/

What a cksucking despicable lying rat bastard!!!

"...cuts shorthorough consideration of issues that could bear on our national interest..."

Did this cocksucking bastard seriously just utter these words ?!?!

"Cut short?"!  Like you and Pelosi and Reid on the midnight don't-read-it slamthrough of the Obamacare Bill?!  Huh, motherf**ker?!  Is this the "cut short" sh*t uyou are talking about?!

Son of a bitch!  God, if we only had a damned Congress who wouldn't take this sh*t like scared little rabbits!!! 

If Congress refuses to deal with this rogue tyrant, then perhaps We the People should be marching on the Capitol and let them know in no uncertain terms the failure to do their duty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously, Step #1 has failed because it refuses to be tried.  Step #2 just continues to fail to materialize in force.  Onto Step #3.

Alas...I expect most damned Americans will just shrug and enjoy the ride into the sewer as long as American Idle and crap are on TV...

People have forgotten essential truths...

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" - Samuel Adams, Philadelphia 8-1-1776

To Hell with cowards.