Author Topic: Headmaster expelled boy, 6, for junk food in his lunchbox...  (Read 599 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Headmaster expelled boy, 6, for junk food in his lunchbox...
« on: February 21, 2014, 03:17:29 AM »
Headmaster expelled boy, 6, for junk food in his lunchbox... just weeks after he fed 100 pupils MCDONALD'S

By MARK DUELL

PUBLISHED: 13:44 EST, 17 February 2014 | UPDATED: 14:09 EST, 17 February 2014

A headteacher who expelled a six-year-old boy after he brought in Mini Cheddars for his packed lunch fed pupils food from McDonald’s, it was revealed today.

Jeremy Meek ordered the notorious junk food for youngsters at Colnbrook Church of England Primary School in Berkshire, just weeks before kicking out a pupil in a row over healthy eating.

Pupil Riley Pearson was expelled earlier this month following the fall-out over his lunchbox. His four-year-old brother Jayden also had his place at the pre-school withdrawn by the headteacher.

But it has now emerged that the school bought around 100 children McDonald’s meals for lunch after a break-in at the school at the end of the Christmas term had left the canteen out of action.

Riley’s father Tom Pearson said: ‘It is just so hypocritical and makes me really angry at their double standards. There were five dinner ladies working.

‘Why didn’t they go to the shop a few minutes’ away, get some bread and make some sandwiches if they are so concerned about healthy eating? McDonald’s is junk food, pure and simple.

‘The headteacher is happy to feed kids with fast food - (but) kicks Riley out for having Mini Cheddars. The way Riley, Jayden and my family have been treated is a complete disgrace.’

However, Mr Meek responded by saying: ‘The school was broken into last year and as a result we were unable to use the school kitchen that day.

‘We were faced with trying to source approximately 100 hot lunches for our pupils at very short notice. The school opted for fish finger meals from McDonald's.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2561463/Headmaster-expelled-boy-6-junk-food-lunchbox-just-weeks-fed-100-pupils-McDonalds.html
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Headmaster expelled boy, 6, for junk food in his lunchbox...
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 04:06:51 AM »
I'm guessing that's a private school. I'd be sending my money elsewhere.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 06:03:08 PM »
these kind of people aren't rational or logical
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 01:31:27 AM »
The very reason to not entrust the care of any kids to them.  Any.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 07:23:53 AM »
The UK is so hosed...but we are little better here in our unionista shops...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.