Author Topic: Statist Republicans kill "constitutional carry" bill in South Carolina  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
A bill was recently introduced in the South Carolina legislature that would allow open or concealed carry by all law abiding adults in the state. This would put the state in the same group as Vermont, Alaska, and a few others who do not have a CCW system because they correctly acknowledge that everyone already has a CCW (the 2nd Amendment).

But the bill was killed in judiciary committee, despite being heavily controlled by Republicans.  But yeah, we better keep voting for the GOP!

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2014/02/statist-republicans-kill-constitutional.html

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
Re: Statist Republicans kill "constitutional carry" bill in South Carolina
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 10:13:06 AM »
There goes the establishment again!  ::pullhair::
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 02:09:23 PM »
GOP does it again...   ::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 02:26:36 PM »
From the comments:

"Anonymous said...

So, by all means, don't go vote for a Republican this fall, thereby ensuring continued control by damned Democrats! This bill was obviously in favor of "Vermont-style" carry. Some otherwise reasonable people are afraid of allowing people who have not been approved by a gov't agency to carry guns. A good, shall issue, policy for licensing people to carry concealed is not necessarily a bad thing.

Unfortunately, we are faced with having to vote for the lessor of the two main evils, because of punitive ballot access laws in most states. I suggest voting for Republicans who are not "Quislings".
    February 22, 2014 at 8:20 AM"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Longbow said...

If you vote for either of the two evils you are still voting for evil. A Pragmatic person asks you, "Would you like a serving of sh*t or a serving of sh*t with chocolate syrup andf cherries?"

The men who vote against Constitutional Carry are NOT on our side. Why wouldn't you can them?

Continued control by the Democrats? What do you think you have now? Even with a majority Republican legislature, it does you no good if they are philosophically aligned with the other side.

A Shall issue licensing system is necessarily a bad thing. It ios the Chocolate syrup and cherrys on the sh*t you were handed to eat. You are told it is the best you can expect. Being made to beg permission from the State in order to exercise a right preserved to you by the State's charter is EVIL!
    You have a Natural right to bear amrs. Period!
    February 22, 2014 at 11:11 AM"

.... and ....

"Jim Klein said...

"Some otherwise reasonable people are afraid of allowing people who have not been approved by a gov't agency to carry guns."

So what? Lots of people are afraid of lots of things. Is one guy's fear some kind of claim on others or something? I hear that poverty is these days...is fear too?

"A good, shall issue, policy for licensing people to carry concealed is not necessarily a bad thing."

I know the legal authority for a citizen to keep and bear arms. What's the legal authority to license it? Why isn't passing laws without the authority to do so, necessarily a bad thing? Does that mean anyone can just go ahead and pass some laws and cage people for violating them? If not, why not?
    February 22, 2014 at 6:02 PM"
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 02:56:34 PM »
Yeah I saw that comment too. Said like a good little boot licker. And the one response nailed it -- rule by Democrats is exactly what we have now, so screw this "you better vote Republican!" nonsense. SC is one of the most staunchly conservative Republican states in the country. The Democrats would have been powerless to stop this bill from advancing. Lucky for them, they had the GOP to do it for them.

It also pushes one of my other buttons, this notion of "some people are afraid" being a just cause to deny everyone else's rights. There's now a whole range of legal activities subject to veto by any single complainant, and of course there's always going to be one. If there's not, the police can just say there was. Just like you crossed the center line, because we said you did.

I don't know what the origin of this asinine legal theory was, but it should have been nipped in the bud from the very beginning. Any law that asserts an activity to be legal "unless some people feel alarmed by it" is a BS law riddled with ambiguity.

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 03:25:09 PM »
... And the one response nailed it -- rule by Democrats is exactly what we have now, so screw this "you better vote Republican!" nonsense. SC is one of the most staunchly conservative Republican states in the country. The Democrats would have been powerless to stop this bill from advancing. Lucky for them, they had the GOP to do it for them.

Same point made by some of us in another thread, as in "no, it's not "better" to have one that votes with us 51% of the time when the other 49% of the time the guy is giving us the shiv".  And it's usually the 49% that is some of the stuff that would help get the gummint's grubby paws off of us.  See:  the original post on this thread.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 04:20:38 PM »
The purely DEMOCRAT rule we have endured was the WORST in our history. Look at the time that Jimmy Carter and his people controlled government FULLY. Look to the time Lyndon Johnson controlled government fully. Look to the time that FDR controlled government fully. And tell me seriously that you PREFER the shiv 100% of the time. Not thoughtful. Emotional. And, honestly foolish. The winning strategy is to get the BEST congressman we can every time. It is to get the BEST Senator we can every time. It is to get the BEST President we can every time. Those who would throw out the good in favor of the worst, condemn us in the long run. To willingly give power to the most evil among us, the Demoncrats, is to condemn us and our children, if we survive long enough to have children.

I try to back the best candidate, in every election, at every level. But I also try never to vote for or allow the most evil candidate because the best guy is less than perfect. I could not meet the standard that some here would set. I would vote entirely for a return to MY understanding of a Constitutional government. I would want REAL freedom of speech. I would want the REAL right to keep and bear arms.  But, I would compromise and vote for a BETTER legal understanding of both rights. And some here condemn that. What shall we do then? We will watch and participate in the complete loss of our republic, because some folks think it is better a communist get elected than a moderate Republican? God forbid.

The discussions going on in SC are BECAUSE we have won the majority there. Could those conversations even happen in New York or California, where your ideals are winning? No one is voting for ANY GOP there.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 05:03:56 PM »
Not thoughtful. Emotional. And, honestly foolish.

Excuse me?  I just gave you fact supported by evidence, i.e. logic, *not* emotion.

You wanna see emotion?  Look at the reasons the "our side" guy voted against:

"“If the 2nd amendment has been as you interpret it, why hasn’t SC law reflected that for the last 140 years? I’m sorry but you are describing an ‘unlimited’ right that has never been the case with the 2nd Amendment. My view of the 2nd Amendment has always been the right to own guns and keep them in our homes, business, and property and not to wear a gun whenever to wherever I pleased.”"

This is emotion -- he misinterprets the 2nd because he wants to -- in search of a rationale.  Go and damn read the Second Amendment again and pick out, if you can, his position in there and then compare it to any given gun-grabber's.

Emotion my ass.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 05:36:10 PM »
Yes, I'll take the shiv 100% of the time. With Democrats I know the shiv will be coming from my front. With this breed of Republican, it slips between your ribs from behind, and usually at the most critical moments.

We are no longer in politics-as-usual. We are no longer in "elect the best options available, consolidate our gains, and try to improve next time" mode. We are now in the end game scenario. We are now in the time where losing with the right people will ultimately help more than winning with the wrong people.

People who say this:

My view of the 2nd Amendment has always been the right to own guns and keep them in our homes, business, and property and not to wear a gun whenever to wherever I pleased.

are the wrong people. For his information, the 2nd Amendment very clearly says "keep and bear arms" and his "view" of it is just as clearly wrong. I bet if you pushed this guy a bit, we would see that his statement is the kissing-cousin of "nobody needs an AK-47 to hunt deer".

- Yours Truly

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 06:55:24 PM »
The purely DEMOCRAT rule we have endured was the WORST in our history. Look at the time that Jimmy Carter and his people controlled government FULLY. Look to the time Lyndon Johnson controlled government fully. Look to the time that FDR controlled government fully. And tell me seriously that you PREFER the shiv 100% of the time. Not thoughtful. Emotional. And, honestly foolish.

No, it denies them any claim to legitimacy. If we vote they say - well you lost, "we won"
At this point THEY are the ones running against the clock. Anything and everything that hastens  this government and country to its final end is to our benefit- and what will make that happen faster than a Democrat controlled govt. Make them take off thier maskes - give them the rope to hang themselves with and display who they really are and what their real agenda is to even more people.  LET IT BURN.

The republic has already fallen , and one half of its citizens WANT the new system being imposed.   This is not my country anymore, and it isn't yours. It was "fundamentally transformed"- it is now  lawless, tyrannical and moving towards a dystopian Big Brother Police state. The more time they have the more likely they will be successful in that endeavor.   Voting in another sham election for a  Democrat in GOP clothing - who proves his credentials by a margin of one percent is only going to buy them the time they need to implement their police state, and perpetuate the illusion that there are two parties.  There are not. There are Honest Demorcats that run as Democrats and Dishonest Democrats that run as republicans and get elected by only providing the slightest resistance to the agenda. They will not turn it back. They will not stop it. They will, at best, maintain the Status Quo  and become scapegoats for the problems (Its Bush's fault) while the Democrats retrench and get ready for the next assault.

This government  has become the unbridled rule of men, and shed any veneer that its still a ruled by a constitution.  It is too corrupt  and cannot be fixed from within. Anyone who tries to run as a true conservative  will be blackmailed by the NSA or die by a suicide committed with a nail gun.   The only way out now is through, and its high time everyone accepts that fact  and deals with it.  If you want your country back you will have to pick up a rifle and fight for it- before or after the collapse.  If you want liberty for your children, its very likely you will be called upon to give you life for it.  A war against  or surrender to the Fascists are now the only viable options.

But the ball is in their court. When they come at us we shoot. Otherwise we simply disobey and wait for reality to destroy them, because ultimately their issue is with reality, not with us. Reality is our ultimate weapon and it will destroy them utterly, even if every single freedom loving patriot is killed at their hands.  We merely have to survive till the time where they are forced to reap what they have sown.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 07:21:45 AM »
The Leftists count on useful idiots to dumb-down beliefs and principles one brick at a time because it still advances the ball toward their endzone, once they score the useful idiots will be forced to choose between liquidation or involuntary servitude.  This is and always has been their goal.  Don't be swayed by devils with angels tongues...the Second Amendment is NOT about protecting hunting rights, it is NOT about who can or cannot carry a firearm, it is NOT about what kind of firearm people can possess or carry...it IS about owning, possessing and carrying any damned weapon you desire anywhere anytime!  It is to protect We the People from They the Tyrants!  In the days of our Founders people carried their muskets with them everywhere, for protection and hunting.  Today it would be no different than carring your AR or AK around.  There should be NO infringement upon this right, no regulations that illegally restrict it, no laws that impose burdens upon it, NONE!

If people cannot agree to this then guess what, they are an enemy of the Constitution and not be trusted or supported, EVER!  And it should not matter their title or what little letters follow their name.  Friend or foe?  Pick one!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.