Author Topic: In Passover Message Obama Reflects on Muslim Spring in Middle East  (Read 3794 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Passover is a Jewish holiday that recalls the bondage of the Jewish people in Egypt and the miracle of the Exodus. To celebrate the occasion this year Barack Obama released a statement praising the Muslim Spring in the Middle East.
Via Israel Survival Updates and Arutz Sheva:

Passover recalls the bondage and suffering of Jews in Egypt and the miracle of the Exodus, but U.S. President Barack Obama says its message is reflected in Muslim uprisings.

In his annual message, prior to his third straight participation in the Passover Seder, President Obama stated, “The story of Passover…instructs each generation to remember its past, while appreciating the beauty of freedom and the responsibility it entails. This year that ancient instruction is reflected in the daily headlines as we see modern stories of social transformation and liberation unfolding in the Middle East and North Africa.”

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2011/04/thats-weird-in-passover-message-obama-reflects-on-muslim-spring-in-middle-east/

The man sickens me to the depths of my very soul.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: In Passover Message Obama Reflects on Muslim Spring in Middle East
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 03:58:49 PM »
Some liberal Jewish friends last week invited me to their Passover Seder tonight, and I had such a sick feeling about sitting with friends who are in massive denial of reality that I had to excuse myself.

I can't do it this year.

Passover celebrates the liberation of the Jewish people from national humiliation and slavery in ancient Egypt. Easter commemorates Jesus' Last Supper in Jerusalem, when, as an observant Jew, he also recited the Passover story. For serious Christians, Easter is a yearly reminder of the life, death, and meaning of Jesus of Nazareth.

By all means let us celebrate the holidays. But let's not forget that they are more than feel-good celebrations. They are meant to sound warnings, too.

If you don't understand that those warnings apply to us today you don't understand your own holidays.

Egyptian bondage was not a feel-good time for the Hebrew people, and the Crucifixion is a not a feel-good symbol. These are not Hallmark cutie holidays. They were shaped by people who were not sloppy, sentimental, goofy liberals. And no, Jesus wasn't one of those either, no matter what your neighbor thinks.

Passover and Easter are stories of ultimate hope, but they are also pretty unflinching warning about human evil. They are centuries-old warnings, but they are pretty relevant today, aren't they?

The rest.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 04:03:34 PM »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 04:46:38 PM »
The man sickens me to the depths of my very soul.

::puke:: ::bashing:: ::praying::

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 05:37:56 PM »
I have Baracknaphobia.

Is that what it is!

All I know is it produces two unpleasant symptoms simultaneously!

::puke::
 ::angry::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 06:21:39 PM »

[blockquote]
As 2012 nears I have a recurring fear that is so powerful that it finds me praying for soiled pants via a cliff dive or an enclosed coffin teeming with spiders.  The dominant fear is such that I have found need to name it; to give it a label: Baracknaphobia.  Each time the man who leads what used to be the most powerful nation in the world goes on television, my stomach turns.  When he speaks, I convulse at the sound of his conceited, self motivated, lies.  When he travels abroad, I cower in embarrassment.  When his arrogant, condescending tone reverberates in the halls where true leaders like Reagan stood, I cringe.

Baracknaphobia is the inescapable fear that this country will be subjected to another four years of ideological, radical, in-your-face narcissistic control.  Baracknaphobia is also the reluctance to call the man out for his lies, because of the color of his skin.  Baracknaphobia is fear of the demon that could destroy America.
[/blockquote]

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 06:27:34 PM »
[blockquote]
We have labeled the fear.  Now let us recognize that the resultant anxieties associated with this fear will be forever lasting and forever inescapable.  The only way to eliminate the fear is to vote with your gut and send this man and his minions packing (czars and all).
[/blockquote]

Wrong whitebread.
We hang them and send them to hell where they belong.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 06:29:14 PM »

[blockquote]
As 2012 nears I have a recurring fear that is so powerful that it finds me praying for soiled pants via a cliff dive or an enclosed coffin teeming with spiders.  The dominant fear is such that I have found need to name it; to give it a label: Baracknaphobia.  Each time the man who leads what used to be the most powerful nation in the world goes on television, my stomach turns.  When he speaks, I convulse at the sound of his conceited, self motivated, lies.  When he travels abroad, I cower in embarrassment.  When his arrogant, condescending tone reverberates in the halls where true leaders like Reagan stood, I cringe.

Baracknaphobia is the inescapable fear that this country will be subjected to another four years of ideological, radical, in-your-face narcissistic control.  Baracknaphobia is also the reluctance to call the man out for his lies, because of the color of his skin.  Baracknaphobia is fear of the demon that could destroy America.
[/blockquote]

We need a fearless standard bearer in 2012, a Winston Churchill of our time (does not have to be a man, some who fit the bill like Palin could do it)...

::praying::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 06:29:38 PM »
[blockquote]
We have labeled the fear.  Now let us recognize that the resultant anxieties associated with this fear will be forever lasting and forever inescapable.  The only way to eliminate the fear is to vote with your gut and send this man and his minions packing (czars and all).
[/blockquote]

Wrong whitebread.

Plan B!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 07:10:54 PM »
[blockquote]
[/blockquote]

Wrong whitebread.

Singing my song, CO.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 08:26:52 PM »
If I were to express what I think should be the result of this pathetic titty-twisting pussy's hate-broadcasts to the American people and our Israeli allies, I would be on the secret service watch list and I'd have to ban myself.

What a pathetic piece of scat this bellycrawler is. I hate him with every fiber of my being.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 09:37:27 PM »

[blockquote]

[/blockquote]

Baracknaphobia

I like that (even though it (he) makes my skin crawl).

I was talking with a neighbor of my parents and said something mildly unflattering about DaWon. He replied that I had "ODS". I asked what that was and he replied; "Obama Derangement Syndrome. You know - like you guys used to use the phrase "Bush Derangement Syndrome" against us."

I laughed and replied, "Odious. How fitting for the son~of~a~bitch! In your case being labelled with BDS  was probably appropriate!" I furthered, "So what 'earned' all of your anger and enmity against GW?"

He struggled for a moment and said, "Well, he lied to get us into Iraq!"

"And how did that hurt you?"

That really got him.

"So, the next time you bitch about the price of food, or medicine, or just about any god-damned thing you can think of, just remember 'Hope and Change' brought it to you."

Baracknaphobia - I can't wait to go back to my folks house!  ::pokeineye::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 07:35:26 PM »
There was no Easter Message from this WH - well, other than the above, which may as well have been a big FU to the Christians.

The Carney clown that is today's WH Press Secretary responded with, when asked about the absence, that the president and his family went to church.

The church he went to is a Black church.  No, he didn't say that; I saw it elsewhere today.

On the other hand, the WH was struck by lightning yesterday.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 08:15:40 PM »
He did make a special address for the latest 'slim holiday, though. He hasn't missed a one!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 08:17:18 PM »
Barry is a disgusting piece of Islam-loving scat!

Carney would find covering for Satan just as challenging...

::)