Author Topic: Military indoctrinated on gays kissing, behavior  (Read 3900 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Military indoctrinated on gays kissing, behavior
« on: March 23, 2011, 08:40:19 AM »
Four branches of the military have begun sending training material to 2.2 million active and reserve troops as a prelude to opening the ranks to gays, with instructions on, for example, what to do if an officer sees two male Marines kissing in a shopping mall.

Key themes are that sexual orientation will no longer be a bar to service, that all service members must respect each other, and that the partners of gay troops will not receive the benefits of heterosexual spouses.

“We are going to make [gay ban] repeal training expeditiously,” said Maj. Joel Harper, an Air Force spokesman at the Pentagon. “It’s great training.”

President Obama signed legislation to repeal the military’s ban on open gays. Once training is completed this summer, Mr. Gates must certify to Congress that repeal will not hurt readiness before the ban officially ends.

The Service members Legal Defense Network, which led a long effort in Washington to kill the ban, said the military is taking too long to finish the training.

“By and large, the materials are on target,” said Aubrey Sarvis, the group’s executive director. “Where we take exception is with the timeline that the Army has articulated for completing training as late as August. We believe training can be wrapped up by the end of next month, especially given the fact that there will be an additional 60 days for training that may take place after certification.”

On the question of whether transgender or transsexual individuals may join the military, the answer: “No. Transgender and transsexual individuals are not permitted to join the Military Services. The repeal of DADT has no effect on these policies.”

Soldiers may not seek an early discharge because they do not want to live or serve with gays. Same-sex partners of service members do not qualify for medical, housing or travel benefits.

At a Pentagon teleconference from Kabul last month, the top U.S. enlisted man there said training will take place during combat operations.

“Our goal is to not allow a unit to return to home station and have the unit responsible for that,” said Army Command Sgt. Maj. Marvin Hill. “While we own those soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines, we’re going to execute that training on the ground. We hope that it will have little impact on their combat and security operations here.”

Sure, thorough indoctrination will commence immediately during combat missions, even though it's not fast enough to suit the radicals, and Gates is supposed to issue a report on how this isn't going to affect combat readiness.

And, sure, trannies and such will not be allowed - FOR NOW - nor will homo partners received benefits - FOR NOW.  I imagine the agitation for that to change under the rubric of "civil rights" has already begun.

And, finally, again with the "own"?  Despite military "tradition", the government does not own anyone.  Best we begin making that clear once again.

I read many of the comments; none on the first 3 pages are viewing this as a positive.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Military indoctrinated on gays kissing, behavior
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 08:47:25 AM »
I hate to say it, because I love, honor, and respect our military as an institution and as an elite fighting force. But I hope this goes deliciously wrong. I hope the whole notion disintegrates around the feet of the idiots who forced the military to become a testing ground for social engineering.

I don't want anyone to be harmed or killed because of it, but if they are, I hope it's huge, and obvious, and disastrous for the Left and the idiotic notion of forced multiculturalism, and sexual deviants as a protected class deserving of preferential treatment.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 08:57:48 AM »
Certification!  Pah!

Unless the military has degenerated beyond my understanding, this is not going to go well, and there will be hell to pay up and down the ranks.

No early discharge, forced acceptance...more to come later, being indcoctrinated on this crap especially in combat zones is going to go over like a lead balloon.  The culture, not matter what the social engineers say or do, will not be easy or quick!  Hostility to it, open or otherwise, is going to be the dominate attitude!

I just hope things don't go to complete crap until a new conservative president is installed and all this suicidal social engineering BS is scrapped!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 05:43:55 PM »
But I hope this goes deliciously wrong. I hope the whole notion disintegrates around the feet of the idiots who forced the military to become a testing ground for social engineering.

The worse scenario I see is too many good soldiers leaving because of the bullsh*t.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 05:46:37 PM »
But I hope this goes deliciously wrong. I hope the whole notion disintegrates around the feet of the idiots who forced the military to become a testing ground for social engineering.

The worse scenario I see is too many good soldiers leaving because of the bullsh*t.

Right now, I see that as a feature, not a bug, particularly if they're to be as ill-used as they are today.  They're not simply going to evaporate; they'll be members of the civilian militia.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 07:59:12 PM »

Our Transformational president is going to transform our military into a degenerate mob capable of Qadaffiesque control over the region.
If they don't impeach him now, by the time2012 gets here nothing worth saving will remain.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 04:48:00 AM »
Gates is supposed to issue a report on how this isn't going to affect combat readiness.

... And if he can't ?

Why weren't the supporters of gays in the military forced to prove that gays enhanced the effectiveness and combat readiness of our armed forces ?

Those who don't want to serve with gays actually don't have to worry about resigning . They can settle for a "dishonorable" or "good of the service" discharge by simply refusing the order . But that would be a sad ending for a lot of good soldiers . 

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 11:37:11 PM »
What to do if you see two male Marines kissing at the mall?

I dunno. Get 'em a room?  Buy a drink?  Stop going to the mall?

Our sevice personnel are pretty tuff folks  ::USA:: but gosh darn it why do we have to make their lives harder?
Because of course now every time someone gets reprimanded there'll be accusations of homophobia.

::puke::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 06:39:54 PM »
When I was in the Corps I new they were there(Dreamed about WM's) but to have to deal with it in your face I see good people going down for stupid reasons. ::rockets::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 07:25:01 AM »
Gates is supposed to issue a report on how this isn't going to affect combat readiness.

... And if he can't ?

Why weren't the supporters of gays in the military forced to prove that gays enhanced the effectiveness and combat readiness of our armed forces ?

Those who don't want to serve with gays actually don't have to worry about resigning . They can settle for a "dishonorable" or "good of the service" discharge by simply refusing the order . But that would be a sad ending for a lot of good soldiers . 

You're making me think back to my days, SH!

I try to imagine my reaction, and I can only conclude I'd be torn between fighting this from within or saying to hell with it and muster out.  I think if the former I would be setting the stage for many unpleasant confrontations, so I have concluded I would have opted for the latter.

What it means for those who stay behind...I shudder to think.  But to make a blanket statement that this crap will have zero impact on readiness and morale, or (inconceivably) that readiness and morale is enhanced?!  BS!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 01:51:24 PM »

If a Marine spots two men in his battalion kissing off-duty at a shopping mall, he should react as if he were seeing a man and woman. If he turns on the television news to see a fellow Marine dressed as a civilian and marching in a parade with a banner that reads, "Support Gays and Lesbians in the Military!" he should accept it as a free right of expression.