Author Topic: Gas went up 18 cents in one day near me  (Read 3580 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Gas went up 18 cents in one day near me
« on: April 18, 2011, 05:29:49 PM »
On Saturday I went out to run errands at 9 am. Came home at noon and it had gone up 18 cents.  This morning I heard Ray Lahood say he's been affected by gas prices too so he got rid of his '97 gas guzzler and bought a new car.

::bashing:: ::bashing:: ::bashing::

Who'd thunk it. I need a new car!! Then gas prices won't bother me!!  Thanks for the news flash.
Hey, Ray this is for you:

::mooning::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Gas went up 18 cents in one day near me
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 05:34:53 PM »
That was Duh Wun's advice to the man asking about gas prices, get you a new car, so, looks like LaHood took his suggestion to heart.

LaHood WANTS to coerce people out of their cars anyway; I'd waiting for the great bicycle showcasing.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 05:42:28 PM »
So did LaHood's car just vaporized?

Or is some poor slub now driving it? Or is it hurting mother earth in some land fill?

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 05:56:20 PM »
Morons.

The Regimes policies will ensure $5/gal gas by 2012!

Bastards!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 06:00:22 PM »

2012?  I've heard $5 by this Memorial Day.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 06:16:15 PM »

Liberals should be happy.....I have aborted my plans for a new venture.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 06:20:26 PM »

Maybe in some areas, Nationally I believe we are at $4.

And I hear ya Don.  My B-I-L is running a full crew this year, but if prices go nuts in 2012,  work gets more scarce and the pol's go with Duh Wun's insane tax hikes, he'll downshift his business and not have any hires and only do jobs he can do solo.  BY 2013 he could be completely out.

Welcome to Obamanomics, aka economic desolation!

These destroyers of wealth have got to go!

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 06:22:52 PM »

I haven't.  I don't know if what I want to do will work but I'm still looking into it.  And if it works I plan to beat them at their own game. ::evilbat::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 07:12:06 PM »

I haven't.  I don't know if what I want to do will work but I'm still looking into it.  And if it works I plan to beat them at their own game. ::evilbat::

I do like this woman ^^.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 08:26:17 PM »

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 08:55:01 PM »

I know my project will work..I have spent countless hours( and some dough) researching the variables I need to be successful. I've discussed it a few times here, before you joined the forum. I normally don't like to discuss money aspects or my personal goals, but believe I represent the views of successful small business owners and, in a small way, help people understand the plight of the small business owner. I am not GE, or Microsoft..Small business needs varibles to be solid, we do not (or I don't) have funds to weather long periods of sluggishness in our markets. Normal "slowdowns"  last 12-16 months and unemployment doesn't hit, or stay, in the 10% range. Todays market has no sign of recovery, I don't care what a pundit states. The back of small business carries a large burden because we have not recovered. Large corps have cut employment and have re gained profitability....many small businesses cannot simply "get rid of the excess"....So, we are not hiring, we are surviving....and the future under these leaders appears bleak.

My project would be a compliment to my current business.... It is entertainment based, so I need my customers to have the discresinary money in thier budgets....Total cost is 800K. I studied the opportunity of a partial project and spoke of it here, but the start up costs, land, fees, designs, enviromental measures to meet, surveys, impact fees, lawyer, etc is a significient % of the total project. Partial equipment is 150K. Add in everything else and a partial project isn't profitable....it is either all..or in my case now...nothing.

I can't recommend anyone invest money in a business venture today. I can survive bad policy, but not the insanity effect this administration exhibits.

obama doesn't understand business, much less small business. And let me tell you, it is frustrating as hell to KNOW you have a business winner but feel you cannot "beat them at their own game". I can't beat them if no one has any extra coin in their pocket.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 09:15:07 PM »
And let me tell you, it is frustrating as hell to KNOW you have a business winner but feel you cannot "beat them at their own game". I can't beat them if no one has any extra coin in their pocket.

Hey, PD, I hear ya.  I was yanking your chain a bit.  I understand the plight of small business owners.  My brother had to let his go and get another job. For my project I haven't gotten far enough to determine if I can make any money as I'm still trying to figure out what I need to do it.  Perhaps I will reach a similar conclusion as you. I tend to think if it's meant to be it will work out if not well, then I 'll find something else.

"if no one has any extra coin in their pocket"
I hope you discover otherwise. 

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 09:20:27 PM »
I have a relatively large piece of property (for a suburban area) and It is shielded sufficiently so that I can keep several vehicles there without upsetting the neighbors. So I keep a truck from one brother, a truck & camper from another, and my parents van in addition to my own cars & trucks.

About 2 1/2 months ago I started seeing the prices go up in a serious way and dragged everything out and to the gas station to top off tanks. I spent a chunk but considering the price has risen $0.85/gal in two and a half months, I don't think I'm doing too bad.

These are all occasional use vehicles so it's better to keep them topped off anyway....right?!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 09:25:17 PM »
If for no other reason than storage for the immediate use vehicles.

I need me a gawdamned warehouse and a plantation of storage tanks.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 10:14:26 PM »
If for no other reason than storage for the immediate use vehicles.

I need me a gawdamned warehouse and a plantation of storage tanks.

Before alcohol was introduced 55gal drums would to quite nicely.
Today, a trip to the junk yard to scavenge some gas tanks would do quite nicely.  Or if you are feeling extravagant there are some good aftermarket items.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 10:57:43 AM »
I have a relatively large piece of property (for a suburban area) and It is shielded sufficiently so that I can keep several vehicles there without upsetting the neighbors. So I keep a truck from one brother, a truck & camper from another, and my parents van in addition to my own cars & trucks.

About 2 1/2 months ago I started seeing the prices go up in a serious way and dragged everything out and to the gas station to top off tanks. I spent a chunk but considering the price has risen $0.85/gal in two and a half months, I don't think I'm doing too bad.

These are all occasional use vehicles so it's better to keep them topped off anyway....right?!

Of course, understanding if this fuel was ethanol laced, you could have engine issues if the vehicles sit too long.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 01:58:52 PM »
For the vehicles you know are unlikely to be used much over the next 6-12 months, I'd probably put in some preservative and run the engines long enough to get it up into the fuel system.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 10:34:32 PM »
Thanks for the advice. I do exercise them (sometimes a PITA), but gas treatment wouldn't hurt.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 10:49:26 PM »
Man it's ugly out there.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2011, 10:56:38 AM »
 ::cussing::

Oil is going above 111...

...OK maybe $5 by memorial day and $6/gal by year end isn't so fricken alarmist!

::cussing:: proglodytes!

::laserkill::