Author Topic: Coming to a Mickey D's near you: a job  (Read 1698 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Coming to a Mickey D's near you: a job
« on: April 19, 2011, 12:12:13 AM »
McDonald’s and its franchisees are looking to hire up to 50,000 new employees. Do you have what it takes? Apply at your local McDonald’s today, or through the Restaurant Opportunities link below.

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/careers.html

I'm sure the O will take credit for this.

Or some how work it into one of his speeches--oh, I know he ate a burger at McDonalds once -- you know almost like he flipped burgers himself ::rolllaughing::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: Coming to a Mickey D's near you: a job
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 04:28:34 AM »
This is forward thinking on the part of McDonalds and the initial result of being exempted from Stymiecare .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 07:14:06 AM »
New grads should be so pleased!  Especially those indoctrinated by union teachers who spent countless hours praising Obama as the greatest thing since FDR!

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 07:23:52 AM »
New grads should be so pleased!  Especially those indoctrinated by union teachers who spent countless hours praising Obama as the greatest thing since FDR!

The New McDeal !

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 07:27:29 AM »

The New McDeal !

::laughonfloor::   ::rolllaughing::   ::hysterical::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 07:48:01 AM »
Remember under Bush these sorts of jobs were dismissed as being just burger flipper jobs. Now they're evidence of wise economic leadership.

The question is, though, of these 50,000 how many false identities must be sold so these illegal aliens can start their shift?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 07:57:30 AM »
I think Erica's DOJ will find an appropriate solution for them...not for America of course, but for them...

::unknowncomic::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 08:17:58 AM »
Of course McDonald's will prosper in a down economy.

Has anyone taken a family of 5 out to dinner lately at your typical Olive Garden/TGIFriday's/Outback price bracket restaurant? Just a few short years ago, such a meal was costing us about $40-50 including tip. Now it's $80. The Noodles/Chipotle/Panera price bracket restaurants are now in the $40 range.

People are being squeezed from every end, and the government is giving every signal that squeezing harder from that end is still fully on the table. Of course McDonald's will thrive. And where we used to pay $20 to eat there, it's now edging towards $30.

The rediscovery of eating at home is on the near horizon if we can't purge Leftists from government. After that, it may become an economic necessity, or even a survival tactic.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 08:34:44 AM »
Yeah, I don't dine out as much now, it has gotten pricey, especially when you factor in food quality and gas prices...some places just are not worth the time and expense.  I think smaller neighborhood niche places are better deals now than the bigger outfits.  And buffets.  Some of the bigger outfits I like, like Texas Roadhouse & Cheesecake Factory I like a lot but just cannot afford to go to very often.  And some require more driving time as well.