Author Topic: Posted by our son on Facebook  (Read 812 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Posted by our son on Facebook
« on: March 01, 2014, 10:17:07 AM »
He drives a snowplow for the Village of Homewood, IL.

even though you curse us and throw snow shovels at our cab, this is not what I think when i plow.

yup. Some people really hate me. They gang up with their neighbors and try to get you out of the truck.

U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
Re: Posted by our son on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 10:46:37 AM »
When I lived up there - I thought they waited around the corner watching, until I got done shoveling before they plowed the street.  ::bashing::
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 11:40:14 AM »
 ::hysterical::

My grandfather installed a anti-plow device to keep the planter he made out of brick that housed our mailbox pole...dug two holes in the ground, sleeved it with plastic and had a heavy cast iron u-shaped pipe he put into the holes.  Never had a problem with the planter being wiped out again!

Of course, never did come up with a good solution for getting rid of the Himalaya's left by the plow guy!  Well, other than me!   ::pullhair::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 11:53:24 AM »
I've never had to deal with this particular issue. I've always lived far enough off the beaten path that we never see a plow unless its a neighbor.