Author Topic: Things about to go hot between China and Vietnam?  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Things about to go hot between China and Vietnam?
« on: May 20, 2014, 07:45:38 AM »
As I first noted in the ChiCom thread, tensions mounting over ChoCom territorial expansion...now leading to the massing of troops and equipment...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-19/%E2%80%9Cconflict-between-china-and-vietnam-imminent-china-piles-troops-tanks-artillery-and-

Sure looks like somebody preparing to get extracurricular to me.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Things about to go hot between China and Vietnam?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 09:19:53 AM »
Russia, China....Birds of a feather....
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 07:24:46 AM »
Saw that float down my Facebook wall.  So far, there's no actual confirmation.  Maybe China has made enough enemies to keep every one else united, no matter past issues.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 11:20:59 AM »
Commies sure don't mind fighting each other.  The Sino-Soviet split with numerous border skirmishes, the Vietnamese vs. the Khmer Rouge, the ChiComs vs. the Vietnamese. And these are mostly fellow Asian communists fighting each other -- so a big LOL on their ideas of a global workers' collective.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 11:47:36 AM »
...and the added dynamic of China under anybody has been bullying neighbors for centuries...I know Vietnamese folks, they all been sick of China pushing them around for the past 1,000 years...

...that kind of enmity is not going to lead to happy-happy thoughts anytime soon...

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 02:12:39 PM »
And just as I thought, former enemies (or at least certainly not allies) starting to unite against a common enemy.

PH, Vietnam meet amid rising tension with China

This is their only hope.  The US isn't going to war with China.  Hell, I bet we wouldn't even do realistic sanctions against China, lest all the Chamber of Commerce types squeal about their Chinese factories.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 06:53:11 AM »
And just as I thought, former enemies (or at least certainly not allies) starting to unite against a common enemy.

PH, Vietnam meet amid rising tension with China

This is their only hope.  The US isn't going to war with China.  Hell, I bet we wouldn't even do realistic sanctions against China, lest all the Chamber of Commerce types squeal about their Chinese factories.

You got that CoC/sanction thing nailed!  And these two better come up with something more than just a policy statement out of the ASEAN, the Chi-Com's will pay that lip service only, just like Obama and our Constitution...in practice it won't mean jack shyt!