Author Topic: Working in the Coal Mine  (Read 3524 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Working in the Coal Mine
« on: March 02, 2014, 03:08:47 PM »
I'll be less visible thru June as i work with David Larsen's campaign to primary RINO Leonard Lance...setting up an NJ HQ this afternoon, then canvassing for signatures in the upper crust neighborhoods of Central Jersey.

Wish us luck!

www.DavidLarsenforCongress.com
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Working in the Coal Mine
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 03:24:07 PM »
Luck!

"See" ya on the flip side.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 03:56:43 PM »
Good for you, Pablo!
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 04:52:44 PM »
Good luck.  ::thumbsup::You're going to need it.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 09:59:22 PM »
For NJ I am guessing this is maybe the only rural district in the state?  Conservatives of any stripe have to be an endangered species in most parts.  Good luck to you both!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 08:38:55 PM »
A few snapshots of the new NJ HQ...

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 09:45:56 PM »
Bullet-proof glass?

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 07:16:30 AM »
Yeah, also what I was thinking...along with good security systems and fire protection...

This is NJ after all!

Reagan's name proudly presented...Reagan's picture prominent...I love it, but that has to be about as potentially dangerous as John McClain walking through Harlem...

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 09:09:59 PM »
...learning a lot on the campaign trail. I can create maps & walk-lists using specialized software into which we plug specific criteria (party affiliation, primary voting history, precinct, income, etc) - but I'm "back-up" on that task as we have 2 systems engineers whose primary responsibility is "Maps".

I'm now in charge of volunteer coordination & have been interviewing moms, dads, college students, high schoolers, Eagle Scouts, Naval Academy enrollees...etc for everything from stuffing envelopes to knocking on district doors, manning phones & putting up signs (some of which read 'www.WhoIsDavidLarsen.com'). Already 2 of my high-traffic signs (literally placed on island merges to interstates) have been torn down by the competition....

...but it's great rubbing shoulders with both the candidate & his family as well as like-minded men & women (many concerned about the stripping of religious freedoms) who view this as a service to their country (getting one more conservative into Washington).

More as activities develop

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 11:42:54 PM »
Update appreciated.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 08:35:39 AM »
Update appreciated.

This. And good luck, Pablo!
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 10:03:00 AM »
...By "the competition" do you mean Democrats or Rovians?  Not that there is a lot of difference...

Deus vobis iter!

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 06:19:43 PM »
...By "the competition" do you mean Democrats or Rovians?  Not that there is a lot of difference...

Deus vobis iter!

Good question...& damned if I know. We're Tea Party all the way...& I'm up to 4 pilfered signs now (2 were there on my way to church, but not on the way home)...not that it matters, I have a trunk full of "more-where-that-came-from"... ::rockets::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 07:07:03 PM »
Pablo - we used MS Streets And Trips (mapping program) for our campaign signs. We would add a push-pin at each intersection with color-coding to indicate which type and size. Then we could easily patrol and replace without time wasting guesswork ("Didn't we have a sign at 4th and Cedar"?)

The pilferage was really bad on our last campaign - don't let it get to you!

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 07:23:46 PM »
My brother worked for a local candidate that had a theft problem.   Common problem nationwide for conservatives as Democrats,  other lefties,  and I imagine even RINO's think nothing of stealing signs.  (but god forbid if our side did it)

My brother finally started putting stickers on the backsides of stop signs (if you put them on the front,  the road department will take them down or replace the sign).    But they seem to leave them on the back (some in fact are still up).    Stickers are hard to steal.........   And you do notice them,  since you are coming to a stop in the other direction.   I imagine its illegal,  but who cares,  they aren't playing by the rules either.

He especially loved putting them on residential corners  where there were houses with a bunch of Democrat signs.   Our area is majority Democrat as Illinois barfs across the border a bit into NW Indiana. 

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2014, 08:44:27 PM »
  Don't forget to recycle those signs.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2014, 07:35:41 AM »
My mind being what it is gravitates toward ways I could make sign swiping more painful for the perpetrators!  Sharp edges, slime...etc...

::evil::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2014, 07:50:13 AM »
My mind being what it is gravitates toward ways I could make sign swiping more painful for the perpetrators!  Sharp edges, slime...etc...

Tree sap, it's a real PIA to get off your hands
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2014, 07:59:09 AM »

Tree sap, it's a real PIA to get off your hands

Good call!  Yes, I especially despise that pine sap, stuff is nasty! 

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2014, 08:03:51 PM »
Whew!

I'm getting almost as much exercise walking towns & knocking on doors as I am when I run. The ground game is interesting : respectable moms in prestigious neighborhoods telling me what a "sh*thole" this country is becoming & what a __[cannot even write it here]__ Obama is ;D (loving it!)

Meetings...from the Croton Rod & Gun Club...to a Warren, NJ Town Hall...& a senior center in Montgomery Twp...are all packed with concerned & aware folks recognizing our nation's plight...

...keeping my fingers crossed & prayers refreshed that we can pull this off...