Author Topic: Working in the Coal Mine  (Read 3522 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: Working in the Coal Mine
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2014, 05:50:50 PM »
T-minus 5 days...and I'm wearing scalps on my belt (I'll explain later & post a few pictures).

For every one of mine they tear down...I take out 2. Singles, clusters & especially intersections. Leather gloves & razor knives are standard issue in the field.

#War!
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2014, 05:51:38 AM »
--from the Clark, NJ Chamber of Commerce meeting earlier this week (Tuesday AM): Larsen vs. Lance in a Q & A styled "debate".

David is on the left side of the screen (but not the issues ;) ) - the homosexual candidate is on the right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpYmOoicjLQ

http://youtu.be/bpYmOoicjLQ

(especially good @ the 51:30 mark)

« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 05:55:37 AM by Pablo de Fleurs »
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2014, 07:10:33 AM »
So, begun the signage wars have, eh?

As for the clip, Jeesh, is this the old business-as-usual gosh-I'm-trying longtime-DC-Schmoozer vs the younger more energetic were-fed-up I'm-gonna-lite-fires-under-butts and get stuff done and leave outsider campaign or what?

Seriously, I might be biased but how does this Lance not get buried by Larsen?   ::whatgives::  I know voters are like jurors and stupid can often prevail...but this choice seems too easy.

When is your primary?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2014, 08:48:16 AM »

When is your primary?

Next Tuesday, June 3rd.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2014, 09:06:10 AM »

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2014, 07:08:39 PM »

When is your primary?

Next Tuesday, June 3rd.

Crunch Time!!!

Or...

I caught a Lance operative pulling our signs &, though I'd have loved to have punched his lights out, copied his car tags & sent 'em into HQ...we are pressing legal charges against him & the homosexual's organization (yes, Lance is queer: married [for appearance' sake] with a child sired by someone's else's sperm).

Queer & a thief
Oh what to do?
Write a bad poem
(like the deceased Angelou)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2014, 09:28:16 PM »
Good day of walking today...with lists targeting NRA & Pro-Life families.

Tomorrow & Tuesday: handing out newspapers & shaking hands @ train stations between 6:00AM & 8:00AM

Wednesday...sleep.  ;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2014, 06:45:22 AM »
Well, can't say there wasn't a strong effort made!   ::thumbsup::

The average American voter of today being not all that bright we can never say anything is a certainty, but if the dimmer bulbs stay home and the people who had the lights come on show up, your man ought to do well.

We're pullin' for ya!   ::praying::

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2014, 11:16:18 PM »

The average American voter of today being not all that bright we can never say anything is a certainty, but if the dimmer bulbs stay home and the people who had the lights come on show up, your man ought to do well.

Thanks for the thoughts & prayers y'all. We lost: 54 to 45 per cent (2,504 votes).

The saddest statistic is that there are about 324,000 voters in the district...& only 28,000 or so voted (roughly 8.5%) - I made 70 calls this evening alone with people telling me they just got home from (soccer game, carnival, etc) & would not be going out again.

I'll post more about this later in the week - but very interesting process: knocking on doors - working early AM train platforms,  training the volunteers & networking with conservative, passionate patriots...

Thanks again for the support!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2014, 06:48:29 AM »

Thanks for the thoughts & prayers y'all. We lost: 54 to 45 per cent (2,504 votes).

The saddest statistic is that there are about 324,000 voters in the district...& only 28,000 or so voted (roughly 8.5%) - I made 70 calls this evening alone with people telling me they just got home from (soccer game, carnival, etc) & would not be going out again.

I'll post more about this later in the week - but very interesting process: knocking on doors - working early AM train platforms,  training the volunteers & networking with conservative, passionate patriots...

Thanks again for the support!

Crap!  Looks like the "wrong" people sat it out.  Sorry Pablo, no lack of effort on your part.  I wonder how much of the fed-up-with-politics (and especially fed up with Pubbies!) sentiment played into this?  It could be yet another indicator that most people are already thinking beyond politics and know that all our institutions are fatally compromised.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2014, 08:57:45 AM »

Crap!  Looks like the "wrong" people sat it out.  Sorry Pablo, no lack of effort on your part.  I wonder how much of the fed-up-with-politics (and especially fed up with Pubbies!) sentiment played into this?  It could be yet another indicator that most people are already thinking beyond politics and know that all our institutions are fatally compromised.

Sorry Pablo, I know you put a lot of effort into this, and your candidate seemed a good man.. but I think Libertas fingered the problem.. a lot of people ( say me for instance)  just don't care about the elections

1) The Dems are cheating. Illegal immigrant Votes.  Dead Votes.  Kicking Judges out of Halls. Stuffing Ballots.  And the GOP is LEGALLY FORBIDDEN TO CONTEST election results, and the Media covers up any wrong doing by the Dems. 

2) Most politicians are Statists - or they wouldn't be politicians, and they lie a lot.  GOP more than Dems because they are Big Govt States who have to lie about it to their base as well as to the "middle"

3) Power Corrupts- Even if you get a good man (or woman)  in,  they will be pressured by the incumbent class to "play ball" and if they don't,  the NSA information will be used to dig up dirt on them, or on loved ones to blackmail them with.  If that doesn't work  they will get threats of violence.  At some point protecting your own  becomes paramount - especially if they are also dangling the carrot of the lavish lifestyle of corruption.  Very few people ( and even fewer who can get themselves elected)   have the sort of bed rock principles that would allow them to stay on course under those pressures

4) There is nothing that can be done at this point to fix it anyway. Letting it Burn is actually our fastest way to the other side, and out best chance to turn up the heat enough something beneficial MIGHT happen before the Despots have the full police state in place.    The entire govt apparatus would mutiny against a congress that actually wanted to call them to account. I think that much has become clear as every congressional inquiry into the govt apparatus, from the Gun running ATF  to the CIA /embassy  to the IRS to the EPA to the  VA - all simply stonewall and disobey . As long as the General Attorney refuses to prosecute no one will care. Obama has issued a default  blanket pardon to all members of Govt advancing his agenda - by  making it know he has no intention of letting anyone go to jail.  Not illegal immigrants. Not John Corzine.  Even if you were able to fix/dismantle these rogue agencies and separate them from their crony corporations,  the financial situation is such that we can no longer avoid the loss of the reserve currency. The Depression will get worse and worse. Stop Fed  govt spending completely and at least  25% of GDP goes away overnight. Stop borrowing and 5% goes away. Not to mention the Civil unrest from reducing the Entitlement payouts.  Keep going and eventually the dollar becomes irrelevant.  The nation is addicted to Crack Cocaine - can't get off, can't keep taking.)

Given that list, what is the point in voting?

Update: I submit as further evidence, this instapundit post:

SPYING: EFF Tells Court That The NSA Knowingly And Illegally Destroyed Evidence In Key Case Over Bulk Surveillance.

They told me if I voted for Mitt Romney, we’d see . . . oh, hell, what difference, at this point, does it make?

Posted at 7:41 am by Glenn Reynolds   

We are beyond lawlessness, recording each breach now is also pointless.  Just get the leftists you know out of your life, find a way to produce what you need,  and get ready to endure a lot of pain, because there is nothing now that can be done to lessen it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:13:28 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2014, 11:28:10 AM »

Sorry Pablo, I know you put a lot of effort into this, and your candidate seemed a good man.. but I think Libertas fingered the problem.. a lot of people ( say me for instance)  just don't care about the elections

The entire govt apparatus would mutiny against a congress that actually wanted to call them to account.

We are beyond lawlessness, recording each breach now is also pointless.  Just get the leftists you know out of your life, find a way to produce what you need,  and get ready to endure a lot of pain, because there is nothing now that can be done to lessen it.

The mutiny described above is EXACTLY the kind of battle our side should be eager to fight, because the people would know who all the entrenched corrupt powers are from all the screaming, rioting and other behavior being unleashed...but alas we never had a chance, once the Republicans consciously chose to subvert and destroy Reagan Conservatism and declared open season on anybody not going along with the Ruling Class / E-GOP agenda the destiny of Amerca was sealed, at best its fate would be a slow, painful agonizing decline and eventual anti-climactic collapse.  This cowardice, this treachery angers me more than the crap the DemoProgs pull because it is the REPUBLICANS who are allowing it to happen!

As for that last part I disagree, I think there is merit in documenting our tribulations...perhaps some wise people in the distant future will take heed and learn the proper lessons, and never let ANYONE threaten their Liberty ever again.

The DemoProgs asked for lawlessness, the Republicans declined to stop it...so lets have No Limit civil war and really see what real lawlessness can resolve!!!

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2014, 07:33:00 PM »
I think I mentioned that last fall I volunteered on a mayoral campaign in my town. The outcome was similar (we lost). I'm going to test the various theories to see how they relate...

The election was stolen.

I don't think so. My town is a middle-right leaning town surrounded by leftist crap-holes. No dhimmicrat (large "D") even ran.

Lack of turnout.

It applies to the race but not to the outcome. At one point we were separated by only two dozen votes. It was razor-thin to the final count.

Candidates are statists.

They voted in the statist.

Power corrupts.

This played large. the opponent was hand-picked by the outgoing mayor (POS that he is). She (the opponent) had been "promoted" to deputy mayor because she was female. She held no particular talents, credentials, or prior experience that qualified her for the position and there were more competent people who were passed over. She was (is) a yes-man who has now been promoted to top-dog. I wonder who she'll take her marching orders from because she's incompetent to conjure up an original thought.

My guy was as close to peerless as I think one can get. Conservative in his bearing, he was none~the~less very open to dialog and negotiation and was one of those "I never met a guy I didn't like" sort of optimists.

He was very strong of faith (served as Chaplain at our local fire department) but never one to impose his religion on anyone.

He simply couldn't overcome the "home" advantage. She could (and routinely did) use her office to campaign. Yea, It's illegal but only if you're stupid about it. She attended every official city function and slyly used them as platforms to issue campaign speeches. She was in a position to use the office to do "favors" for people who - by a total coincidence I'm sure - contributed heavily to her campaign. She even used the auspices of the Mayor's office to award "no-bid" contracts to contributors. One of the most aggravating abuses of candidacy was when she used the office of Deputy Mayor to heap praise onto someone in order to steal credit for a huge public project that my guy had accomplished as a city councilman. And then she sat there  on her fat ass with that GD smug face when he didn't utter a word of protest.

Dirty Pool Politics

We saw our fair share of those. The sign warz were especially brutal. They were virtually non-existent on our side - until toward the end when a few got frustrated and took revenge. My guy took an official stance that he would not lower himself to that sort of behavior and would not tolerate  it from his staff. That left the other side to go full throttle without so much as a protest from our side. But their opening salvo was to destroy 60% of our signs and then use the bully-pulpit of the Mayor's office to issue an "official" statement condemning the activity.

Towards the end we were using metal brackets to affix the (disposable) signs in an attempt to slow them down. It didn't work.

Dumbasses.

She was (is) a liberal dhimmicrat who pretends to be a pubbie and ran as a non-partisan. She will rule as a liberal (already shown that) and it is too late to do anything about it. I do often say "I told you so" and I am quite open in my contempt for my neighbors. They're dumbasses. The vast majority of them. They bitch and moan about all of the problems and then elect someone guaranteed to make them worse.

They whine that partisanship is mean-spirited and small-minded and then cast their vote for the most mean-spirited and small-minded partisan in the race. They complain about the cost of living and taxes and then support the very one who promised to raise those taxes.

(I'll say it again)

Dumbasses.

Home values are rebounding and I'm serious about pulling up stakes. Now that Random and my parents are gone I have little to hold me here and I am sick to death of dumbasses. In the meanwhile I echo Weisshaupt's words:

Let it burn!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2014, 09:54:41 PM »
I remember you posting about that race.  Time and again it is proven that corruption is rampant, that insiders have the edge courtesy of entrenched statist special interests who profit off the corrupt system and a progressive media complicit in the corruption.  Reducing the status quo to ashes does appear the only sure option left, and what eventually spouts in its aftermath will be determined by the character of the survivors for any locality.  There simply is nothing left and no guarantee of better or worse prevailing.  But the corrupt are not allowing any deviation from doubling down on stupid so our only hope is more of us surviving than them.