Topics > Military News/Veterans

CVN-78 USS Ford

(1/4) > >>

Libertas:
Nice graphic on this link, shows starboard side view and top view difference to the previous Nimitz Class carriers.

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/us-navys-new-aircraft-carriers-deck-is-modeled-after-1467848241

Scheduled to be commissioned in the 2nd quarter of 2016, so I wouldn't expect her maiden voyage until sometime around Aug/Sep 2017 if the schedule keeps and we haven't collapsed by then.

And...they might be reaching a bit with that StarDestroyer comparison.   ;D

Moving the island back makes sense to me, in previous designs the gap between it and the starboard-aft elevator could be a fustercluck and this puts the aft-most elevator in front of the island, should make jockey aircraft with the hanger deck a little more smooth too.  Of course, until put into action you never know, but they can tweak the movement as needed.

Dan:
Beautiful ship....
But why the f**k was it named after that dolt?

Libertas:
POTUS, healed the nation after Watergate (from what, I have no clue), twenty some years as a Rep, Navy WWII vet, member of the Warren Commision.

Maybe they felt sorry for all those falls, mean comedian treatment and crazy ex's of Chuckie Manson taking shots at him?

CVN-79 is already named the next JFK (commissioning ETA FY22) and CVN-80 the next Enterprise (commissioning ETA FY25).

I would prefer America or Independence...hope they are over this POTUS fetish...and definitely before the current Nimitz retires in 2024 I would like a CVN-81 if it comes along keep that name going.

Dan:
I understand that,  all in all, hewasnt a bad guy,  but I just don't  think an honor like this shpuld be handed out lightly,  simply  because he  was a pres.
And, yeah,  I  agree  that they  need to cease this line of ship-naming, especially before they get around to the  current POSOTUS.

Libertas:
Yup.  The real test for POSOTUS will be Slick Willie, if he gets a ship named after him it'll mean the SCoaMF is likely a shoe-in.

If it is to be I Clinton should get a floating brothel and SCoaMF should get a garbage scow.

I can't imagine doing anything other than deserting if assigned to anything named after either of those two scumbags!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version