Author Topic: Contested MOH  (Read 779 times)

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
Contested MOH
« on: March 04, 2014, 07:08:33 AM »
The medal for # 46 was contested video and information here - you canjudge for yourself .....

HelmetCams 2009 Afghanistan

WASHINGTON — In his memoir of the 2009 battle in Afghanistan that brought him the Medal of Honor, Marine Sgt. Dakota Meyer describes how he reflexively switched from his machine gun to his rifle and back to his machine gun as he mowed down a swarm of charging Taliban from the vehicle’s turret.“My mind was completely blank. I fired so many thousands of rounds I didn’t think what I was doing,” Meyer, then a corporal, wrote in his 2012 book, “Into the Fire: A Firsthand Account of the Most Extraordinary Battle in the Afghan War.”

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/10/14/205341/videos-contradict-medal-of-honor.html#storylink=cpy

Note;  If the battle was 2009, helicopter fly over video 2009, verification process until receiving medal 2011 - ?why - what was going on? by 2012 he writes a book ?  1 plus 1 is not equalling 2...  You be the judge.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 07:24:31 AM by rustybayonet »
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday