Author Topic: T word finally used in missing plane story in Malaysia  (Read 12689 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: T word finally used in missing plane story in Malaysia
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2014, 11:07:33 AM »
Who are in these control centers?  Babboons?

This is Malaysia we're talking about.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2014, 11:21:50 AM »
Who are in these control centers?  Babboons?

This is Malaysia we're talking about.

Thanks for making the point!
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Missing Plane
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2014, 11:54:02 AM »
Am I just completely crazy or has anyone else thought that this plane might be stolen to be used at a later date for some terrorist act ??  ::popcorn::

Yes.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2014, 03:12:48 PM »
It's certainly entered my mind.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2014, 07:32:13 PM »
Am I just completely crazy or has anyone else thought that this plane might be stolen to be used at a later date for some terrorist act ??  ::popcorn::

There is a good possibility of that.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2014, 10:52:52 PM »

There is a good possibility of that.

Given that the passenger phones are still ringing and are still connected to social media.. there is a good chance everyone on board was execute. Of course that also means that they should be able to locate the plane simply based on which base stations those phones are logged in to . Like not using the bloodhound in Boston to find the 17 year old wounded kid,  this smacks of deliberate incompetence.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2014, 01:09:28 AM »
Could one of the musloid states be cooperating in this hypothetical endeavor? Malaysia, Indonesia, or given the range of the aircraft even Iran or Pock-ee-stahn. Yeah, a bit of a wild theory but at this point it seems about as plausible as any. If there was state cooperation, then a lot of the mysterious circumstances (lack of locator beacon, radar tracking, satellite transponder, etc) become rather less mysterious.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2014, 07:28:51 AM »
OK, somebody more tach-savvy than I needs to interpret this for me.  Been hearing about dangerous design features in electronic systems and everything points to this warning -

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/11/18/2013-27343/special-conditions-boeing-model-777-200--300-and--300er-series-airplanes-aircraft-electronic-system

Are they saying it might be possible for someone to use a computer to take over the airplane, or enough of it to mess it up?

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2014, 09:38:19 AM »
Are they saying it might be possible for someone to use a computer to take over the airplane, or enough of it to mess it up?

Ever Watch the reboot of BattleStar Galactica? Remember how all of the computers were isolated and communicated by sneaker net  so that if a system on board were compromised by the Cylons, it couldn't spread and infect the other systems?  Yeah, now imagine that  you didn't do that, and that the Cylons were in a cargo hold with a network connection  to the systems in the "safe" area of the ship....  the way I read this, they used one netowkr for both the passengers and the plane's control systems.  So yeah, if there is a vulnerability in the software or firmware than can be exploited, a passenger (or cleaning crew)  can board the plane, load a bit of code from a passenger seat, and depending on the vulnerability do anything from screw up the TVs and coffee makers  to give them full control of the plane.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2014, 09:46:53 AM »

Ever Watch the reboot of BattleStar Galactica? Remember how all of the computers were isolated and communicated by sneaker net  so that if a system on board were compromised by the Cylons, it couldn't spread and infect the other systems?  Yeah, now imagine that  you didn't do that, and that the Cylons were in a cargo hold with a network connection  to the systems in the "safe" area of the ship....  the way I read this, they used one netowkr for both the passengers and the plane's control systems.  So yeah, if there is a vulnerability in the software or firmware than can be exploited, a passenger (or cleaning crew)  can board the plane, load a bit of code from a passenger seat, and depending on the vulnerability do anything from screw up the TVs and coffee makers  to give them full control of the plane.

If true, will there not be massive lawsuits against Boeing that may prove to be the beginning of the end for them?  Maybe they were the target all along, this poor bunch on this flight just drew the short straw and didn't know it...maybe Airbus was behind this.

If I find out Soros bought into a shytload of Airbus stock recently I guess that would be one form of proof.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2014, 10:24:02 AM »
If anything I would say Airbus is even more vulnerable to such things, considering their design philosophy emphasizes automated normalization of pilot commands.

But really just about everything is theoretically vulnerable. I think we are going to see a lot of evidence over the next 10 years that the "smart" movement is anything but. And what is this obsession about interconnecting everything? I know, it's a rhetorical question. They want the total surveillance state to finally become a reality. The Panopticon. But it's like they watched The Terminator for ideas rather than as a cautionary tale.

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2014, 10:43:57 AM »
But it's like they watched The Terminator for ideas rather than as a cautionary tale.

We could say that, and have, about any similar publication; they take 'em as instruction manuals.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2014, 07:20:02 AM »
Possible hoax report -

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/12/oil-rig-worker-says-he-saw-missing-plane-go-down-r/

Vung Tau is S/SE of Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), well beyond the last official track of Flight 370, but in line with the compass bearing of this guys report, should be easy enough to extend a search eastward and see if there is any wreckage in that area.  Can't imagine why somebody would hoax a sighting like that.  Oil rig workers have to make out pretty well even in that area, eh?  Can't see money for a story being a great motivator.  I guess time will tell.

And then there is the westward possibility, which for someone wanting to disappear a plane makes more sense...the Indian Ocean being vast and empty once you pass the Andaman Sea.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/13/world/asia/missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-370.html?_r=0

That somebody can hack into a planes system, disable its transponder and do whatever is more than unsettling.  That something that large can just disappear in this day and age seems improbable.  How long did it take to find that Airbus that went down in the south Atlantic?  Long time wasn't it?

Guess we wait some more with this one.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2014, 11:15:57 AM »
I think the Air France flight that went down in the middle of the Atlantic was at least transmitting telemetry data though wasn't it?  And it seems like it was only a day or two later that the Brazilian navy found part of the tailplane floating at sea.

This one is just beyond bizarre. I thought the airlines in this day and age used satellite tracking of their aircraft, and that's in addition to all the conventional radar and radio tracking used by the air controllers. I know the ocean is a vast and featureless place, but you would think there'd be something, an oil slick or small debris.

Wasn't there a movie in the 80s about an airliner that got abducted in midflight by aliens?

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2014, 11:32:42 AM »
Myabe I projecting the lag between official finding onto the wreckage discovery for Air France, but I think there was a longer contact with the plane than we have here.

And I am also surprised something cannot be found here...it's almost like there is tracking info and wreckage info not being shared...or the locals really are that incompetent.

And I still don't know about that roughneck sighting off Vietnam, that one has to be easily verified by other eye witness accounts or debris.

If nothing is ever found, the guys at MUFON will probably chock it up to aliens.

I don't know about a movie, there was this in the late 80s, but in the real world it didn't take long for some truther to raise the alien abduction question in this case.

::facepalm::

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2014, 11:54:28 AM »
Myabe I projecting the lag between official finding onto the wreckage discovery for Air France, but I think there was a longer contact with the plane than we have here.

And I am also surprised something cannot be found here...it's almost like there is tracking info and wreckage info not being shared...or the locals really are that incompetent.

And I still don't know about that roughneck sighting off Vietnam, that one has to be easily verified by other eye witness accounts or debris.

If nothing is ever found, the guys at MUFON will probably chock it up to aliens.

I don't know about a movie, there was this in the late 80s, but in the real world it didn't take long for some truther to raise the alien abduction question in this case.

::facepalm::

I remember that movie.  They were not aliens they were time travelers from a future where their DNA was corrupted of something like that and they were traveling back in time to known disasters and saving the people that would have died and replacing them with bodies with appropriate DNA.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2014, 06:25:43 AM »
FYI - FWIW I swear I heard someone involved in the Air France crash say there was a two year interval between lost and found.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2014, 02:46:03 AM »

You have stated my very own fear.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2014, 09:21:27 AM »
FYI - FWIW I swear I heard someone involved in the Air France crash say there was a two year interval between lost and found.

I think the two year lag was finding the bulk of the wreckage at the bottom.  It crashed in very deep water, over 15,000 feet.  But they found the floating wreckage the next day.  That's what is so mysterious about this latest incident.  If it had crashed at sea, there should be some kind of floating debris, a fuel slick, something.

- Yours Truly

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2014, 11:28:02 AM »
The television hit series ‘Lost’ was first produced in 2004. Now, ten years later, it is actually happening in real life. How incredible that these writers were so visionary and prophetic!

I don’t know why there is all this mystery though. All you have to do is skip to the end of the book, or in this case, skip to the end of the series, and find out how it ends.

It’s already there. Why the mystery!

TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"