Author Topic: PASS THAT BOTTLE DOWN HERE!  (Read 747 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
PASS THAT BOTTLE DOWN HERE!
« on: March 09, 2014, 11:44:14 AM »
Iranian student burns himself to death with Molotov cocktails he had stockpiled inside his room at Georgia Tech University

Saamer Akhshabi was a graduate student in the university's College of Computing

Authorities found gasoline and kerosene in several plastic containers in Akhshabi's apartment after the February 4 explosion

Akhshabi had burns over 90 percent of his body

Authorities aren't sure why he had the bomb-making materials in his apartment

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 23:53 EST, 6 March 2014 | UPDATED: 00:11 EST, 7 March 2014

A Georgia Tech graduate student who set himself on fire while apparently experimenting with bomb-making elements in his apartment last month has died, officials confirmed Thursday.
Saamer Akhshabi, an Iranian national, had burns on more than 90 percent of his body following the February 4 explosion in his apartment near the university, where Akhshabi was studying in the College of Computing.

Law enforcement officials investigating the case found in Akhshabi's apartment an apparent Molotov Cocktail and multiple plastic bottles filled with gasoline and kerosene.

Following the explosion, 26-year-old Akhshabi was taken in critical condition to Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, where he died on Thursday.

'We have worked closely with other law enforcement agencies during the investigation of this tragic incident,' Robert Connolly, interim police chief for Georgia Tech, said in an emailed statement to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. 'The FBI has relayed that, to date, they have not developed any information or evidence indicating criminal intent in this investigation.'

Law enforcement officials determined that Akhshabi wasn't a threat to the Georgia Tech community, but it remains unclear what he planned to do with the explosive material found in his apartment.

I'll toast any more of these "tragic" incidents!  ::beertoast::

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2575346/Iranian-student-burns-death-Molotov-cocktail-Georgia-Tech-University.html
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline fordguy_85

Re: PASS THAT BOTTLE DOWN HERE!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 12:45:01 PM »
I'm at a loss as to which part of Iranian national and experimenting with bomb making didn't compute...
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 01:41:18 PM »
I'm at a loss as to which part of Iranian national and experimenting with bomb making didn't compute...

I'd bet that it was ignored. "Racist", ya know......
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 02:12:41 PM »
And why do we even have Iranian nationals at any of our universities? Given the officially severed diplomatic relations between us and them, shouldn't all their nationals be persona non grata?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 07:15:55 AM »
Must have been part of that NASA outreach no doubt.

All followers of that Satanic cult should enjoy a similar demise.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.