Author Topic: McConnell Wants No Nominees From Tea Party: Establishment "Going to Crush Them"  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
http://joemiller.us/2014/03/going-crush-everywhere-care-guess-whos-behind-prediction-tea-party-midterm-elections/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/09/we-are-going-to-crush-them-everywhere-care-to-guess-whos-behind-this-prediction-for-tea-party-in-midterm-elections/

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) didn’t merely say Tea Party candidates challenging him and other established Republicans in the 2014 midterm elections don’t pose much of a threat.

McConnell’s prediction is arguably more along the lines of fighting words.

“I think we are going to crush them everywhere,” McConnell told the New York Times. “I don’t think they are going to have a single nominee anywhere in the country.”

Read more at http://joemiller.us/2014/03/going-crush-everywhere-care-guess-whos-behind-prediction-tea-party-midterm-elections/#TCYOWYvDPk4XKHK8.99

« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 11:32:40 AM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
What a sick Rovian whore!

We will never defeat the Left as long as this trash is around!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
This comes after he struts onto the stage at CPAC holding a rifle.  He/they think we're stupid enough to believe that means a stinkin' thing compared to his usual schtick and now the above remarks to boot.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Which is one of the reasons I posted this thread.

I don't know why a professed CONSERVATIVE group gives ANY NON-CONSERVATIVE any face time when all they deserve is an ass-kicking?!

::gaah::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
This is why I no longer fall into line with the lesser of two evils argument. We have to get rid of these establishment pols because as long as they're in power our agenda goes nowhere. And how do they remain in power? The biggest electoral weapon they have is the lesser of two evils argument. Nuance, pragmatism, Realpolitik, whatever name you want to give it, that's how they stay in power. All of those words are just fancy ways of saying "unprincipled".

My days of supporting a RINO because they at least sprinkle a bit of sugar on their turd sandwich are over, because doing that guarantees an unending diet of turd sandwiches. At some point you have to stand on principle because even in a loss it sends the signal that they're no longer going to win with the types of candidates they keep putting up. Not that elections are going to solve this mess anyway. We're well past that point.

There are times when it is more advantageous in the long term if you lose with the right people rather than win with the wrong ones.

- Yours Truly

Offline richb

• Established Member
Fighting the tea party will only elect Democrats.   McConnell is stupid to not see this.

Is he up against a tea partier in the primary or something?  If he isn't,  he needs to be run against. 

The Republican party is only burying itself by rejecting the only real grass roots movement in decades.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Yes he's being challenged by this guy:

http://mattbevin.com/

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Fighting the tea party will only elect Democrats.   McConnell is stupid to not see this.

The dipstick doesn't care. I say put the pedal to the metal. The sooner the crash, the sooner the recovery can start.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!

Is he up against a tea partier in the primary or something?  If he isn't,  he needs to be run against. 

The Republican party is only burying itself by rejecting the only real grass roots movement in decades.

They do see it. It's just that they would rather lose to the Democrats than to have Tea Party people elected into their House and Senate conferences. Seriously. It's the entrenched DC political establishment versus the citizenry. That's what it boils down to. Tea Party people, who are serious about downsizing the Federal government, are an existential threat to the Establishment of both parties.

And don't think for a second that the two parties, who are supposedly in opposition to each other, aren't colluding behind the scenes. If any of these primary races are tight, look for the Democrats to very helpfully attack the E-GOP candidate from the Left.

So they have decided they'd rather lose to Democrats than to win with the Tea Party. Well that's all very convenient, because it just so happens I'd rather lose to Democrats than to "win" with the E-GOP.

- Yours Truly

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
I'm not above doing a double post, getting in this thread, also.   ::newyear::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I for one am glad MNHawk, I was thinking this photo needed to be in this thread in the worst way!

Bravo!

::clapping::

We need to ridicule, badger and drive these fake conservatives to the ash heap!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
I'm sick of conservatism being used as theatrical props by these turds. Look how awkward he looks holding that rifle. That brings to mind another mild irritation of mine, and that's how these photo ops always have to use an old style musket or something. I'm as appreciative of that part of our history as anyone, but with respect to the modern debate over natural rights those old muskets look too staid and non-threatening. I'd like to see someone hoist an Evil Black Rifle without apology.

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Unfortunately, there are people like my mom who will vote for a RINO because they think that's better than voting Dem.  She's under the illusion that because they have an R after their name "we" can work with them.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Unfortunately, there are people like my mom who will vote for a RINO because they think that's better than voting Dem.  She's under the illusion that because they have an R after their name "we" can work with them.

Yeah, I think that's how most conservatives are. I think that's probably how must of us here were, too. The problem I have with it is that after decades of playing the "he's better than the Democrat at least" game we have effectively just guaranteed a sort of regression to the mean, to borrow a concept from statistics. If the Republicans know they can trot out their own brand of big government statists and we'll reliably vote for them, then that's all we are ever going to get time after time.

I just can't do it anymore. It's gone from a "hold my nose and pull the lever" situation to a "if I do this I am actively preventing any impetus for reform in this party" situation. Factor in the almost certain futility of elections at this point, and it has become a lot easier to disengage.

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Plus, if we help the Rs hold the House and they win the Senate as well, it sends a signal of approval of them and their ways.  Are we better off with them than with the Dems?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline richb

• Established Member

Yeah, I think that's how most conservatives are. I think that's probably how must of us here were, too. The problem I have with it is that after decades of playing the "he's better than the Democrat at least" game we have effectively just guaranteed a sort of regression to the mean, to borrow a concept from statistics. If the Republicans know they can trot out their own brand of big government statists and we'll reliably vote for them, then that's all we are ever going to get time after time.

I just can't do it anymore. It's gone from a "hold my nose and pull the lever" situation to a "if I do this I am actively preventing any impetus for reform in this party" situation. Factor in the almost certain futility of elections at this point, and it has become a lot easier to disengage.

I know I have been a "hold my nose and pull the lever" over the years too.   I'm 40 so I voted for the first time in 1992.    I was not a huge fan of the first President Bush,  but Clinton was too sleazy to suit me and Perot had no chance.   

I think some have bad experiences voting for third party candidates so that comes into it too.   My dad voted for Perot in 1992 and almost immediately regretted it.   He still apologies to people for helping elect Clinton.

Then in 1996 we had Dole.    Wasn't much a fan of him either........

I didn't mind voting for W in 2000 though.   Though some of it was due to,  I am voting for this guy because the press hates him,  so I am doing it to screw with them.    So far,  the second Bush is the only person I voted for, that has made it to the White House.    I did get to meet W when he was in office and he was genuinely very nice.    He had met my brother before he was president (probably 5-6 years earlier) and remembered his name when he saw him,  so that impressed me a bit too.

But even W disappointed.   Government still grew like a weed,  even when Congress and the White House were Republican.   It was a huge wasted moment that may never be again.

What I don't like about the primary is this.    I live in Indiana,  so most of the time, we don't get a say.   McCain and Romney were done deals by the time we voted.  I didn't like either of them.   I did warm up to Romney a little,  after he buried Barry in the first debate.    But I still had to hold my nose to vote for them.   

But its clear plenty can no longer do it.   So they are losing,  and if they continue in this course,  there won't be another Republican in the White House anytime soon.    Its sad that at this point,  we are looking at another Clinton.   Even with all her baggage and skeletons in the closet. 

With this nightmare president,  Republicans could win big.   They won't though.   

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Better off assisting local guys who are conservative than RINOS. I'm always hopeful people will wake up if we keep a few good governors, who do well for their states, as the liberal states slide downhill.

I'm perfectly fine with conservatives moving to a state where their support isn't totally wasted. If we only have a few states, so be it, they can be the shining beacon.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
This comes after he struts onto the stage at CPAC holding a rifle.  He/they think we're stupid enough to believe that means a stinkin' thing compared to his usual schtick and now the above remarks to boot

Whether the p3eople of Ky are stupid enough is all that matters.

Unfortunately, we don't

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Learn, Turn or Burn!

We either turn out the old ruling class detritis that is assisting the radical hardcore progressives dominating the democrat party and reclaim the GOP or we burn, business-as-usual will lead to the burning anyway, just at a slower more painful pace...

No more half-assed BS!  No more compromise of our principles!  They Learn, Turn or Burn!

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Plus, if we help the Rs hold the House and they win the Senate as well, it sends a signal of approval of them and their ways.  Are we better off with them than with the Dems?
No, because that just perpetuates the myth there is some difference between them and Democrats. That is the GOPs platform- we offer occasional token defiance of the Democrat agenda in order to get you to vote for us as the "lesser evil" otherwise we speak like, think like and vote like Democrats. At this point we just let it burn to the ground  so we can get on with out lives and start rebuilding, and that will happen faster under Democratic leadership.

Let. It. Burn. Vote None of the Above in 2014 and 2016!