Author Topic: This is way over my head.  (Read 1166 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
This is way over my head.
« on: March 12, 2014, 11:57:41 AM »
http://www.katc.com/news/loga-fighting-back/

The Louisiana Oil and Gas Association, LOGA, is fighting a legal setback. Monday, a judge ruled that Southeast Louisiana Flood Protection Authority-East, a state agency, can hire private attorneys to sue nearly 100 oil and gas companies over damage to the coast after the crude disaster. LOGA argued, because the levee board is a state agency, the attorney general should serve as legal counsel. LOGA is now launching a grassroots campaign against the decision and some think it's a decision that could affect a big business.

Since the crude disaster, the Louisiana oil and gas industry has faced an uphill climb.

"You know we now have over 386, probably 400, of these types of lawsuits. Texas has 0. We're seeing investment and jobs and drilling activity in Louisiana going away," said LOGA Vice President Gifford Briggs.

So they can sue all of these oil companies over something that was BP's fault? ::bashing::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: This is way over my head.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 12:01:03 PM »
Remember, Obama said he was going to figure out "whose ass to kick" and never doubt for a moment that meant an entire industry.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 12:18:48 PM »
Who controls that state agency?  And why are they such statist-carrying jackwagons?

Do I sense another anti-Jindal rant coming on?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 01:37:00 PM »
Louisiana kind of has a history of this kind of rampant corruption, don't they?  This is essentially the state giving lawyer trash a license to loot Louisiana business.

And yes, it's why Louisiana historically lags the rest of the nation in about everything.

This is where Jindal could show us there's some cattle under that hat, and nip this in the bud, now.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 03:04:19 PM »
Louisiana was misruled by Democrats for over a century.   Even Jindal can't stop it all at once.   Hope he nips it in the bud soon.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 03:35:00 PM »
Louisiana kind of has a history of this kind of rampant corruption, don't they?  This is essentially the state giving lawyer trash a license to loot Louisiana business.

And yes, it's why Louisiana historically lags the rest of the nation in about everything..

You've nailed it.

This is where Jindal could show us there's some cattle under that hat, and nip this in the bud, now.

Louisiana was misruled by Democrats for over a century.   Even Jindal can't stop it all at once.   Hope he nips it in the bud soon.

::laughonfloor:: You guys have Jindal confused with a conservative. ::bashing::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson