Author Topic: Get your Obamacare opt out form here! Yes, the real government form!  (Read 909 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
As you may have heard,  the individual mandate has been largely gutted.   

But in typical government fashion,  there is a form you have to fill out..........

Its four pages,   has a number of reasons you can use to opt out.   Why anyone would use any of them except for option 14,  I don't know.   Except for 1, 4, 14 all require paper proof. 

http://marketplace.cms.gov/getofficialresources/publications-and-articles/hardship-exemption.pdf

Offline benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
Re: Get your Obamacare opt out form here! Yes, the real government form!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 04:29:53 PM »
My company spyware/security software warns me that the form is from an untrustworthy site and will not open it.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 10:02:34 PM »
My understanding is that the opt out only applies to those who had an existing policy cancelled. Still, that's good. I mean, it's good if you qualify and you are okay without having coverage.

Personally, I want coverage. I would qualify for the opt out since I did have coverage and it was cancelled. (I was allowed to renew for 1 year which I did and I will probably re-up if my company (and my state insurance board) allow it since King Putt decreed that that would be allowed.) I had coverage because, for me, it was the correct decision. I'm of the age when things can go wrong...although I got cancer when I was 30...plus I have two dependents so it's a responsibility thing.

But if I was considerably younger, had no history of medical issues and I had coverage that was cancelled I would probably take advantage of this option.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 11:26:25 PM »
My understanding is that the opt out only applies to those who had an existing policy cancelled. Still, that's good. I mean, it's good if you qualify and you are okay without having coverage.

Personally, I want coverage. I would qualify for the opt out since I did have coverage and it was cancelled. (I was allowed to renew for 1 year which I did and I will probably re-up if my company (and my state insurance board) allow it since King Putt decreed that that would be allowed.) I had coverage because, for me, it was the correct decision. I'm of the age when things can go wrong...although I got cancer when I was 30...plus I have two dependents so it's a responsibility thing.

But if I was considerably younger, had no history of medical issues and I had coverage that was cancelled I would probably take advantage of this option.

The reasons for opt out were quietly expanded last week. You simply claim the last option and don't provide documentation.  Something you should do anyway trap. Let THEM figure out that you have insurance. Make THEM waste time figuring out why you filed a un-provable exemption and why you still have insurance. - and if asked, tell him you din't think the insurance you bought qualified under Obamacare, and if they don't catch it  you not have a history of taking the exemption making it less likely they will scrutinize you later.
Of course I bet you anything they will say -- oh yeah, that was an exemption from having to pay in 2014. You own back taxes in 2015 because of it - with penalties.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 02:32:49 PM »
I got an idea...   ::evilbat::

Get a shytload of those forms, fill them out with fictitious names, like "Blackford Oakes" or something...addresses for ballparks and government offices...

FLOOD the system with millions!  If a million of us sent a hundred bogus ones...that would be so Sons of Liberty like!!!

::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.