Author Topic: People need to start networking and coming up with ways to dick with rogue LEOs  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/20/jack-booted-thugs-what-four-new-mexico-forest-officers-did-at-a-taos-ski-resort-is-facing-harsh-backlash/

For example, be stone-cold sober and drive to the "sobriety checkpoint", time your act right so that when it is your turn to be violated the product you took to induce vomiting commences to paint the stormtrooper, exclaim "sorry, I have the flue".

If everybody started doing stuff like this and dicked with them (I also think their homes should be stalked) maybe they'll get the hint and back the fukc off!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Saturation patrols"?  The new name for a group of government thugs descending on the population for purposes of harassment and intimidation under the guise of "law enforcement".  Which is exactly what they did in Boston, too, after the marathon bombing.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Look here; found this in the comments:

June, 2013 -- EL DORADO COUNTY

Sheriff John D’Agostini is taking the unusual step of pulling the police powers from the federal agency because he says he has received “numerous, numerous complaints.”

In a letter obtained by CBS13, the sheriff informs the federal agency that its officers will no longer be able to enforce California state law anywhere in his county.

“I take the service that we provide to the citizens of El Dorado County and the visitors to El Dorado County very seriously, and the style and manner of service we provide,” D’Agostini said. “The U.S. Forest Service, after many attempts and given many opportunities, has failed to meet that standard.”

... We asked law professor John Myers if the sheriff’s actions can supercede the feds.

“Looks to me as though the sheriff can do this,” he said. “They don’t have state powers in the first place, but essentially the sheriff can deputize individuals to have authority in his or her jurisdiction.”

And, of course, the bleating of the sheep --

But with limited resources and such a large area to patrol, some may be concerned that public safety may be compromised.

... the bottom line for campers is knowing someone will come when they call and report a crime.

Waaah!  Who's going to keep us safe?!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
It is infuriating, on so many levels.

It would never occur to such ilk to LOOK TO THEMSELVES FIRST BEFORE BRINGING IN PEOPLE WHO ACT AFTER THE FACT!

And just think if Not-Obama was POTUS and had Fedcoat stormtroopers trampling throughout the woods harrassing people...would Jack & Jill LibiotMcSaveMe be happy about it?  Hell no, they'd be calling Not-Obama a fascist, racist, sexist homophobic ratbastard who ruined their communal experience with Gaia!

::pullhair:: 

Sorry to scream...I just want to pummel these idiots into the mud for being so stunningly ignorant and dangerous to ALL around them!

They wouldn't know God-given rights or Federal Republicanism if it beat them in the face...it's amazing they can even find their own ass!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Look here; found this in the comments:

June, 2013 -- EL DORADO COUNTY

Sheriff John D’Agostini is taking the unusual step of pulling the police powers from the federal agency because he says he has received “numerous, numerous complaints.”

In a letter obtained by CBS13, the sheriff informs the federal agency that its officers will no longer be able to enforce California state law anywhere in his county.

“I take the service that we provide to the citizens of El Dorado County and the visitors to El Dorado County very seriously, and the style and manner of service we provide,” D’Agostini said. “The U.S. Forest Service, after many attempts and given many opportunities, has failed to meet that standard.”

... We asked law professor John Myers if the sheriff’s actions can supercede the feds.

“Looks to me as though the sheriff can do this,” he said. “They don’t have state powers in the first place, but essentially the sheriff can deputize individuals to have authority in his or her jurisdiction.”

And, of course, the bleating of the sheep --

But with limited resources and such a large area to patrol, some may be concerned that public safety may be compromised.

... the bottom line for campers is knowing someone will come when they call and report a crime.

Waaah!  Who's going to keep us safe?!

I've seen the argument convincingly made that according to the 10th Amendment and the principles of federalism, as the elected law enforcement official closest to the locality in which they are elected, the County Sheriff has supreme jurisdiction over state police, state governors, federal law enforcement, and federal administrations.

I want to see this argument tested in the worst way.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson