Author Topic: Obama's deficit plan --more nonsense  (Read 4657 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Obama's deficit plan --more nonsense
« on: April 19, 2011, 01:07:13 PM »
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/04/19/Obama-discusses-deficit-reduction-plan/UPI-53891303228394/

Obama repeated his message made last week about how his proposal would lower the deficit, reducing the debt while providing investments in education, clean energy and other areas critical to the country's growth.

Hey, Obama the government sucks as an investor.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Obama's deficit plan --more nonsense
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 02:10:40 PM »
Plus I'm sick of hearing the word "investment" when what they mean is "throwing other people's money at bulls**t". And reducing the debt? Sort of like how ObamaCare is going to reduce the debt? God what condescension from these people. He probably justifies the claim that his proposal reduces the debt by saying something like "well in 10 years when our clean energy plan matures, it will save us trillions because the world can run on unicorn farts and the laughter of children". That's the basis for fiscal policy these days.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 02:15:09 PM »
...because the world can run on unicorn farts and the laughter of children".

don't give them any ideas!
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 02:16:37 PM »
People are retarded, his whole answer is BS, he views this not as a spending (his ilk call it investment) problem, which it totally is, but a revenue problem (higher taxes!) which it totally isn't!  Investment my ass!  Individuals and entreprenuers invest, comapnies invest, government consumes and destroys!  Time to starve the beast!  The louder proglodytes scream the better, that lets me know I'm on target!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 02:25:22 PM »
Rush made the point yesterday that if you took all the assets of the wealthiest, not just their incomes but all their properties and saved money as well, you would only come up with 900 some odd billion. That would not cover the deficit for just this year! And it would also be a one time thing, because once taken from them it's gone. Yeah, we don't have a spending problem. It's entirely a revenue problem.  ::facepalm::

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 02:31:10 PM »
Even if Obama confiscated every scrap of currency on the planet and converted it to dollars, he'd have just $4.5T, so we'd still have $10.5T in debt, plus whatever else new he throws on top of it!  So it is not possible to loot himself out of this problem.  He must cut deep into spending or watch the government shut down.  Frankly I don't entertain any other options, and I don't care which one happens of the two at this point!

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 10:42:21 PM »
I see the gov'ts "investment" in GM is not doing too well. Stock price several dollars below thier IPO. Our blessed gov't stated they will sell thier shares...at a loss...of our money....Who'd a thunk.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 11:10:45 PM »
This chart was posted yesterday at Ace of Spades (it's from the Wall Street Journal):

In case you don't know the line, Willie Sutton was a notorious bank robber, and when a reporter asked him, "Why do you rob banks?" he answered, simply, "Because that's where the money is." I think the reporter meant to ask why do you rob at all, whereas Sutton took the question to mean why do you rob banks. Sutton just assumed the "robbing" part and focused on the choice of target.

The Democrats have a similar mentality. If you put them under truth serum and ask "Why are you creating the circumstances under which we will have no choice but to heavily tax the middle class?" they'll answer "Because that's where the money is." Like Willie Sutton, they assume the "rob" part is obvious; they're just focusing on the target for the heist.

The following chart is not of taxes paid by different income level cohorts -- it's a chart of the total income available to be taxed within each grouping.

Link
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 03:38:48 AM »
I'm tempted at times to say ; "Let the Democrats have their way on all of this for the next two years and after the train goes over the cliff we Conservatives can sort through the mess and put a Republic back together again sans all of the silly bullsh*t which brought us to this disaster !"

But then ... there might not be enough left to put ANYTHING together .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 06:54:47 AM »
I see the gov'ts "investment" in GM is not doing too well. Stock price several dollars below thier IPO. Our blessed gov't stated they will sell thier shares...at a loss...of our money....Who'd a thunk.

Yes, they are busy dumping shares and locking in the loss.  Obama effed us every which way he could on this deal!  Bastard!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 06:56:40 AM »
This chart was posted yesterday at Ace of Spades (it's from the Wall Street Journal):

In case you don't know the line, Willie Sutton was a notorious bank robber, and when a reporter asked him, "Why do you rob banks?" he answered, simply, "Because that's where the money is." I think the reporter meant to ask why do you rob at all, whereas Sutton took the question to mean why do you rob banks. Sutton just assumed the "robbing" part and focused on the choice of target.

The Democrats have a similar mentality. If you put them under truth serum and ask "Why are you creating the circumstances under which we will have no choice but to heavily tax the middle class?" they'll answer "Because that's where the money is." Like Willie Sutton, they assume the "rob" part is obvious; they're just focusing on the target for the heist.

The following chart is not of taxes paid by different income level cohorts -- it's a chart of the total income available to be taxed within each grouping.

Link

It's just that kind of obvious common sense that drives leftists nuts!  Gee, I wonder where the demonrats will raid for more money?  Hmmm.....?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 06:59:41 AM »
I'm tempted at times to say ; "Let the Democrats have their way on all of this for the next two years and after the train goes over the cliff we Conservatives can sort through the mess and put a Republic back together again sans all of the silly bullsh*t which brought us to this disaster !"

But then ... there might not be enough left to put ANYTHING together .

Yeah, I'd agree, that "anything left" thing bites.  But depending on what our current leadership does, which is not altogether encouraging, and if we can make it to 2012, if we can clean up in 2012, if the crop in 2012 yields a good harvest giving us a chance to save the nation, if we have enough time to save the nation...???

We may yet end up with "anything left"!

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 07:15:21 AM »
There's a lot of  "ifs" there . "If my aunt had a d*ck she'd be my uncle !"  At least that's what my Dad used to say .  ;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 07:40:15 AM »
I also like "if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass"!   ;D

Or the always popular "if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, everyday would be Christmas"!   ;)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 10:57:27 AM by Libertas »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 09:13:39 AM »
The only "ocean" of money left, and there's a lot less than there used to be, is in private IRAs and 401ks.  It must kill the left right now to know there's no chance they'll be getting their hands on it right now.  If they get back in power in the House, that's what they'll go after.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 09:31:44 AM »
If they recapture the house, I am pulling out all of my assets and then pulling a Galt!

Oh, and BTW Gold is 1503.60 and Silver 44.92.   ;)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 09:36:23 AM »
You know, I never realized gold was that much more valuable than silver. I thought silver was fairly close in value. Shows what I know

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 09:42:01 AM »
And the price ratio between the two is still double what it normally is...meaning gold is over-valued or silver is under-valued...I don't think the former is likely just on fundamentals but the latter I think is true.  But the ratio is likely to remain inflated and silver demand will increase at a greater percentage than gold just because silver is more affordable for a broader range of people.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 10:09:42 AM »

Pieces of 8 and all, silver is the poor man's gold the saying goes.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 01:45:30 PM »
I jumped in today in the silver market. Wish I had made the decision a year ago.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.