Author Topic: Was it all an elaborate ruse? Were they waiting for just a dupe like Obama?  (Read 778 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2014/03/19/what-if-an-ex-kgb-officer-predicted-that-the-ussr-would-fake-its-own-collapse-to-ultimately-defeat-the-west-and-no-one-listened/

That the collapse happened in undeniable...what if the creame of the KGB goons (if not encouraging it, saw it and planned to survive it) exploited the situation?  We have former KGB goon Putin in power...how long now?  Heck, they didn't even bother changing the their national anthem from the Soviet days! 

And this - "The KGB leaders and their comrades in the Soviet Union unlike the Nazis at the end of World War II were never put on trial to atone for their mass murders. They were never purged from their leadership positions. They are still running the country today under what the highest-ranking Soviet bloc intelligence officer to ever defect called 'the first intelligence dictatorship in history.' "

This latter fellow is Romanian Lt. Gen. Ion Pacepa.

The Russian-China angle (mentioned by Weisshaupt here would fit into this grand strategy.  The Golitsyn defection in 1961 seemed to pass the James Jesus Angleton review (not so much Nosenko) and the fact that he has been making these allegations about the KGB for so long and that he got what appears to be a lot right...makes you wonder.

They may not have planned the collapse but I think it foolish to think they didn't plan to survive it.  And Golytsin was born in Piryatin, Ukrainian SSR (central Ukraine), so he is not a pure-bred Russian commie and fits the typical genuine Soviet defector pedigree.  Until Golytsin came around there was no confirmation that Kim Philby was a rotten commie rat.

And now here we have the Crown Prince of Dunce's...Barack Hussein Obama...ready to bend over and take it...and destroy America from within...

Kinda makes you think...doesn't it?!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
I think it is undeniable that there were higher up apparatchiks in the USSR who saw the writing on the wall and positioned themselves for afterward. I mean, it's not coincidence that when all those former state operations became privatized it was generally the old commissariat that seamlessly transitioned into the new business oligarchy.

But to say the USSR deliberately faked its own demise, I think that's a stretch. Russia was thoroughly embarrassed for two decades after the collapse of the USSR, with its once feared fleet literally rusting away in Murmansk and Vladivostok. I don't know if their national ego would allow something like that if they had any control over it. Plus I think Putin is working to rebuild not so much the USSR as the older Russian Empire. I don't think there's any serious desire for a return to communism. The Russian culture is simply an authoritarian one, and pretty much any economic system they have is going be in authoritarian packaging.

We should definitely remain alert and wary, but right now the worse threat of communism is coming from Washington rather than Moscow.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I agree.  But the leftists here seem to think Russia is just another democracy...they ignore all history and warnings about such thing not being able to take firm root in a nation that has never known it, and I find it stunning nobody ever talks about what happened to all the hardliners when the USSR fell.  Just like the Muzzie issue and the illegal issue et al, nothing can be done about them until we first clean our own house.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.