Author Topic: MI Teachers Union Gives Special Consideration to Non-Christians  (Read 1104 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
Re: MI Teachers Union Gives Special Consideration to Non-Christians
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 07:42:22 PM »
That is discrimination.  And there needs to be law suits.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 08:50:51 PM »
Since Ferndale is in Michigan, I went looking for demographic information, assuming the likelihood that Islam was the culprit. Instead, I found the other primary anti-Christian minority...

Ferndale, Michigan

Ferndale is a city in Oakland County of the U.S. state of Michigan. It forms part of the Detroit metropolitan area. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 19,900.[6]

Ferndale is primarily residential, with a smaller commercial and industrial sector in the southeast part of the city. Ferndale's business district is anchored by the intersection of Woodward Avenue and 9 Mile Road, where privately owned shops, storefronts, dance clubs, bars and numerous restaurants are featured. Ferndale is well known in the Detroit area for its LGBT population and progressive policies.

<snip>

The racial makeup of the city was 84.7% White, 9.6% African American, 0.5% Native American, 1.3% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 0.5% from other races, and 3.4% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.8% of the population.

<snip>

The 1980s and 90s saw the growth of the LGBT population in Ferndale, coinciding with a migration from neighborhoods in Detroit to communities north along Woodward Avenue, including Royal Oak, Pleasant Ridge and others. In 1999 a proposed non-discrimination ordinance was introduced in Ferndale, but was defeated. The Motor City Pride festival moved to Ferndale from Royal Oak in 2001. In 2006 the city passed an anti-discrimination ordinance protecting LGBT people from discrimination in public accommodations, housing, and business, with 70% in favor and 30% in opposition. Affirmations, a 17,000-square-foot (1,600 m2) LGBT community center in Downtown Ferndale, opened its new, expanded building on Sunday June 3, 2007,[14] the same year the city elected the first openly-gay mayor in Michigan. In 2011 Motor City Pride moved to Detroit. Ferndale Pride was started that year.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 09:06:51 PM »
Whoopee for them.  Wait until the ISLAMIC segues on over there, "non-Christian preferred".

I just so want these people to get a full and hearty helping of what they advocate.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 10:49:41 PM »
From you probably don't care, but my hometown was mentioned;

I was born and raised in Royal Oak - my ancestors were some of the founding fathers and I was 5th generation in one of the first churches in that city.  Unfortunately I can not address the situation there since 1985, do to the move from there to FL.  What I can say, if we are worried about the middle east influence there - very true.  The city of Dearborn, home of Henry Ford, is now almost completely Iran/Iraq residents and who knows how many are legal. Closer to where I grew up, you have Warren, Sterling Heights, Troy and Clawson.

As of last year when we went back there to visit friends and relatives, Warren and Sterling Heights also was very heavily middle east influence with Troy and Clawson catching up fast.  Royal Oak is mainly 10 Mile Rd. to 14 Mile Rd.north and south and from Greenfield to Campbell Road [named after a relative]west to east.  The dividing line is down the middle - 12 mile road.  Population at the time I lived there approx. 84,000, 99% white, household [bedroom community].  To the south 10-12 mile has become very 'gay', north of 12-14 is still okay?  Because of the surrounding areas and the 10-12 corrider, went from 2 high schools to one / 4 junior highs to 2, and 15 elementary schools to 4. [Tough for gays to make babies I'm told, so no need for schools]. Major industry in the entire Detroit metro area is/was 'cars' [big surprise], since it is a very big union area and since unemployment is flouishing and jobs are in the toilet; unemployment then was 12-15%.  In the 70&80's Detroit was known as the "Murder City" instead of Motor City.  Taxes when I lived there was just below Massachusetts - School taxes for my house 1600.00 per year, property taxes 4,500.00 per year, state income tax and sales tax of 4% on everything except food and prescriptions. then all the 'hidden taxes' gas,phone, electric,etc, etc.  I could continue but I think you get the idea - it was time to get the hell out.....

>book on left final alumni list of all grads at the High School I graduated from now closed -
          mother,  uncle, aunts, sister, and many cousins all listed
>my senior year book center
>history  of Royal Oak - Grandfathers birth house, aunts and uncles, and some family businesses,
           old and new church I was member of, schools I attended [only one elementary left]
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 04:02:34 PM by rustybayonet »
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 06:56:36 AM »
Sounds lovely.

And, just like any other Proglodyte cesspool, anybody sane still left there must GTFO and let natural selection take its course.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.