Author Topic: Sheriff arrested for selling meth in drug-ravaged county  (Read 1632 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Sheriff arrested for selling meth in drug-ravaged county
« on: April 19, 2011, 02:17:42 PM »
Sheriff arrested for selling meth in drug-ravaged county

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

A sheriff in a meth-ravaged county in the Missouri Ozarks has been arrested - for distributing meth.

Tommy Adams, who had been the sheriff of Carter County for more than two years, was arrested this month after giving an informant the drug and then snorting it himself.

Adams, 31, is being held on $250,000 bond.

Investigators noticed that there had been far fewer meth lab busts in the county since Adams took over, and now say they suspect they know why.

"I think meth is out there and maybe he knew what was going on," said Carter County Presiding Commissioner John Bailiff. "I think a lot of people just turn a deaf ear to it, including maybe the sheriff."

Adams had just two years of law enforcement experience when he won a bizarre election to get the $37,000-a-year job.

Running in 2008 as a Republican against a heavily favored Democratic incumbent, Adams became the favorite when his opponent committed suicide just weeks before the election.

It was too late to take his opponent's name off the ballot, and Adams narrowly eked in by just one vote - 1,424-1,423.

The case has been taken over the state attorney general's office.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Sheriff arrested for selling meth in drug-ravaged county
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 02:26:44 PM »
Nice choice they all got down there...a meth dealer or a dead guy...and the meth dealer won by 1 vote...too bad they didn't know he was a meth dealer at the time...the dead guy would be in!

::facepalm::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Sheriff arrested for selling meth in drug-ravaged county
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 02:35:37 PM »
Ozarks, you say? 'splains a lot.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."