Author Topic: Obama "Presidential" Library & the Chicago politics thatwill collide on location  (Read 821 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
If you live in the Chicago area like I do (ok, Northwest Indiana),  you hear quite a bit about the future Obama "Presidential" library (ok,  it's sure a huge oxymoron).   Mostly  the questions where in Chicago it will be located.   Its going to be fun watching liberal Democrats as they dance around pc liberal questions to where it should be put.   Should it go by the University of Chicago?   Should it go in a bad south side neighborhood where Obama did nothing as a community organizer,   as an anchor for "new" development.   Should be fun,  as I know the racist word will be used,  in fact it has already.

Though deep down,  I hope it ends up in Hawaii.    I could see that happening as I doubt Barry will be returning to Chicago after leaving office.  Why would he come back to Chicago?  I can't think of a reason.

So anybody else in the Chicago area want to join me to start the "Chicagoans for the Obama library in Hawaii"?

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
I vote for Kenya.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
As I posted somewhere a while ago there is plans for this idiot to stay in the DC area so he can continue to mug for the national spotlight and cause mischief, so there will likely be little relation to the location of the person and the location of the mosque built to honor it.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Face it, it's already built built a thousand times over. Just have to rename one or two, the state prisons.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
I'm guessing this will be the first presidential library with dedicated game and tv rooms and maybe even a golf course.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
  I don't give one hot damn where they build it. Don't plan on visiting it for any reason on earth.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
It will also have the official Reggie Love massage parlour.

::puke::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member

and a bathhouse..............

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero

and a bathhouse..............

I sense a vote for uptown, where Bathhouse Barry was a fixture.