Author Topic: Now the Ebola has made it to North America...  (Read 28617 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Now the Ebola has made it to North America...
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2014, 01:33:50 PM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/10/06/officials-u-s-is-not-going-to-have-an-ebola-outbreak/

... despite health experts’ explanation that a ban would make combating the disease more difficult.

That leading "expert" would by Thomas Friedan, head of the CDC, and he's ..... a friggin lunatic.

A travel ban to the USA isn't going to make it more difficult to treat ebola HERE, but his concern is not for us; it's for the gawdamn turd-world and his open borders ideology.

And every single time I hear any reference to this "a ban would be counter-productive", I want to scream and my b.p. sky-rockets.

LIARS.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2014, 10:56:56 PM »
Ann Barnhardt had a post a few days about about this guy from Liberia.  She pointed out the elephant in the room, which is that most of these African countries have an average IQ somewhere in the upper 60s.  In Western countries, an IQ below 80 is considered mentally challenged.  The fictional Forrest Gump had an IQ of 75.

Well, duh...Democrat voters. Of course they want them here. And voting.

Idiocracy is coming on pretty quick. Gotta go..."Ow, My Balls!" is about to start.

Seriously, though...it looks like we may have, for now, dodged the bullet in Dallas. It has probably been long enough that if someone had been infected by the dumbass from Liberia then we would have seen it by now. Probably. Hope so, anyway. Another day or two for sure but I gotta believe that there would be people with headaches and fever showing up in the emergency rooms at this point.

But...there's always the chance (even odds or better) that we will have a few more ebola infected people come cruising across our southern or northern borders any day now. And actually, a more likely scenario is that someone gets an infection started in Mexico and then we have a whole slew of ebola infected Mexicans charging north for DumbassCare treatment. If it's going to happen it will be before Christmas. That's my guess, anyway.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Obama: I have "larger role" than "taking care of" the American people...(vid)
« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2014, 07:21:55 AM »
“But let’s keep in mind that as we speak, there are children on the streets dying of this disease, thousands of them. And so obviously my first job is to make sure that we’re taking care of the American people, but we have a larger role than that. We also have an obligation to make sure that those (African) children and their families are safe as well because ultimately the best thing we can do for our public health is also to extend the kind of empathy, compassion and effort so that folks in those countries as well can be rid of this disease.”
– Barack Obama

Video at the link...
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2014, 07:56:23 AM »
 ::overkill::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2014, 10:31:03 AM »
I am hoping that there's not a suitable animal species here to act as a "storage tank" for the virus.  The disease wreaks havoc in Africa for many reasons, and one of the main ones is that the virus lurks in wild animal populations even when there are no current outbreaks. It seems human beings are a poor long term vector for the virus, it simply kills too quickly and in too great proportion.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2014, 11:24:52 AM »
And if the Fedcoats start going WitSec on these diseased illegals as means to protect them at our expense! (and you know Obama will do it in a heartbeat!) and they move in next to me and I find out about it...shots will be fired!

Meanwhile, the odds that this will not spread seems pretty fricken stupid to me!!!

::cussing::   ::machinegun::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2014, 12:15:55 PM »
I am hoping that there's not a suitable animal species here to act as a "storage tank" for the virus.  The disease wreaks havoc in Africa for many reasons, and one of the main ones is that the virus lurks in wild animal populations even when there are no current outbreaks. It seems human beings are a poor long term vector for the virus, it simply kills too quickly and in too great proportion.

Or its entirely a manufactured thing and the bio labs do testing in Africa in remote places deliberately.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2014, 01:40:49 PM »
What could go wrong?  I hear all these statist douchenozzles like that CDC assclown say this thing is not that hard to get blah blah blah, quit bitching about banning travel from Africa you racist bastards yadda yadda yadda...

Yet...

from patients they are treating...and we get nothing but happy-happy assurances that [url=http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-07/defense-department-admits-us-troops-liberia-will-come-contact-ebola-infected-individ]our troops in Ebola country are perfectly safe and there is nothing to worry about!

There is so much stupid damned pc/diversity/multi-culti crap surrounding any sane discussion of this plague that it is almost CERTAIN to continue spreading!!!

::pullhair::

My warning stands...statists and stupid illegals who bring this anywhere near me or mine, they are forfeit, period!

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2014, 10:04:13 PM »

While I share your concern that an animal could become a means of ebola transmission here in North America I am not at all sure about where it hides between outbreaks.

I have been reading a LOT about ebola and from what I have read there is way more that is unknown than is known. This is especially true of where ebola (and Marburg) hides when it isn't busy killing humans.

For instance, one of the earliest known* cases of someone infected with a filovirus (in this case, Marburg) is that of Charles Monet (I excerpted a big chunk of his story from "The Hot Zone" in the other ebola thread in order to describe the progression of the disease and the symptoms), a French expat living in western Kenya. It is theorized that he acquired his infection while on a hiking vacation. During that time he visited a cave on the side of Mount Elgon. Monet visited Kitum Cave on January 1st, 1980 and began to show serious symptoms of a hemorrhagic fever about a week afterward. So the question then is obvious...did he contract the disease inside of the cave, a place that is loaded with fruit bats and their crap? Or was it something else? 

In 1987 a second victim (a ten-year-old male) came down with Marburg. He, too, had visited Kitum Cave just before he became symptomatic.

In 1988 the US Army underwrote a massive investigation of Kitum Cave that involved studying tens of thousands of samples...insects, excrement, soil samples, water samples, air samples...the researchers attempted to infect live monkeys by putting their cages all throughout the cave, etc. In essence they sampled everything that they could think of. They found nothing.

Ebola has been the same way. The investigators have looked far and wide and they have found nothing as to where the disease hides between outbreaks.

Another problem: Ebola and Marburg tend to have such a high mortality rate that outbreaks don't last long enough for researchers to discover very much about it in humans. And let's face it, these are the only times that it can be studied...no one is going to experiment on humans with these diseases because that would be murder, pure and simple.

Which leads us to where we are today. We currently have an ebola outbreak that has a relatively low mortality rate. That's both good and bad. It's good that only about half of the victims die. But because it has a lower mortality rate it is able to spread in a more persistent manner: This time the outbreak isn't ending quickly. It is demonstrating "staying" power. In this way it is like HIV. HIV is a permanent fixture of humans because it takes so long to kill its victims. It is entirely possible that this current strain of ebola will NOT burn out and/or fade away. Not in the third world, anyway.

And let's add one more huge uncertainty, the completely unknown aspect of mutation. As the virus jumps from one host to another it has the ability to mutate. What those mutations can and will be no one knows. It may become airborne. It may become more or less lethal. It may become more or less easily acquired. No one knows.

We know a lot more today about HIV than we did thirty years ago. But the only reason that we know more is because it has been with us and we have had all kinds of opportunity to study it. We may be at the beginning of a long study period with this particular strain of ebola. No one knows.

*The earliest known case of ebola was in September of 1976 where it affected about fifty-five villages near the headwaters of the Ebola River.

EDIT: Spanish government orders nurse's dog euthanized. Because we smart and you dumb.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 01:27:37 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2014, 10:17:27 PM »
I have no idea what the current strain of ebola does to its victims other than kill them. The media has been very quiet about how the victims die. I'm sure it is exceedingly unpleasant. Just as a point of reference, though...this is how the Zaire strain works its magic:

Ebola Zaire attacks every organ and tissue in the human body except skeletal muscle and bone. It is a perfect parasite because it transforms virtually every part of the body into a digested slime of virus particles. The seven mysterious proteins that, assembled together, make up the Ebola-virus particle, work as a relentless machine, a molecular shark, and they consume the body as the virus makes copies of itself. Small blood clots begin to appear in the bloodstream, and the blood thickens and slows, and the clots begin to stick to the walls of blood vessels. This is known as pavementing, because the clots fit together in a mosaic. The mosaic thickens and throws more clots, and the clots drift through the bloodstream into the small capillaries, where they get stuck. This shuts off the blood supply to various parts of the body, causing dead spots to appear in the brain, liver, kidneys, lungs, intestines, testicles, breast tissue (of men as well as women), and all through the skin. The skin develops red spots, called petechiae, which are hemorrhages under the skin. Ebola attacks connective tissue with particular ferocity; it multiplies in collagen, the chief constituent protein of the tissue that holds the organs together. (The seven Ebola proteins somehow chew up the body’s structural proteins.) In this way, collagen in the body turns to mush, and the underlayers of the skin die and liquefy. The skin bubbles up into a sea of tiny white blisters mixed with red spots known as a maculopapular rash. This rash has been likened to tapioca pudding. Spontaneous rips appear in the skin, and hemorrhagic blood pours from the rips. The red spots on the skin grow and spread and merge to become huge, spontaneous bruises, and the skin goes soft and pulpy, and can tear off if it is touched with any kind of pressure. Your mouth bleeds, and you bleed around your teeth, and you may have hemorrhages from the salivary glands— literally every opening in the body bleeds, no matter how small. The surface of the tongue turns brilliant red and then sloughs off, and is swallowed or spat out. It is said to be extraordinarily painful to lose the surface of one’s tongue. The tongue’s skin may be torn off during rushes of the black vomit. The back of the throat and the lining of the windpipe may also slough off, and the dead tissue slides down the windpipe into the lungs or is coughed up with sputum. Your heart bleeds into itself; the heart muscle softens and has hemorrhages into its chambers, and blood squeezes out of the heart muscle as the heart beats, and it floods the chest cavity. The brain becomes clogged with dead blood cells, a condition known as sludging of the brain. Ebola attacks the lining of the eyeball, and the eyeballs may fill up with blood: you may go blind. Droplets of blood stand out on the eyelids : you may weep blood. The blood runs from your eyes down your cheeks and refuses to coagulate. You may have a hemispherical stroke, in which one whole side of the body is paralyzed, which is invariably fatal in a case of Ebola. Even while the body’s internal organs are becoming plugged with coagulated blood, the blood that streams out of the body cannot clot ; it resembles whey being squeezed out of curds. The blood has been stripped of its clotting factors. If you put the runny Ebola blood in a test tube and look at it, you see that the blood is destroyed. Its red cells are broken and dead. The blood looks as if it has been buzzed in an electric blender.

Ebola kills a great deal of tissue while the host is still alive. It triggers a creeping, spotty necrosis that spreads through all the internal organs. The liver bulges up and turns yellow, begins to liquefy, and then it cracks apart. The cracks run across the liver and deep inside it, and the liver completely dies and goes putrid. The kidneys become jammed with blood clots and dead cells, and cease functioning. As the kidneys fail, the blood becomes toxic with urine. The spleen turns into a single huge, hard blood clot the size of a baseball. The intestines may fill up completely with blood. The lining of the gut dies and sloughs off into the bowels and is defecated along with large amounts of blood. In men, the testicles bloat up and turn black-and-blue, the semen goes hot with Ebola, and the nipples may bleed. In women , the labia turn blue, livid, and protrusive, and there may be massive vaginal bleeding. The virus is a catastrophe for a pregnant woman: the child is aborted spontaneously and is usually infected with Ebola virus, born with red eyes and a bloody nose.

Ebola destroys the brain more thoroughly than does Marburg, and Ebola victims often go into epileptic convulsions during the final stage. The convulsions are generalized grand mal seizures— the whole body twitches and shakes, the arms and legs thrash around, and the eyes, sometimes bloody , roll up into the head . The tremors and convulsions of the patient may smear or splatter blood around. Possibly this epileptic splashing of blood is one of Ebola’s strategies for success— it makes the victim go into a flurry of seizures as he dies, spreading blood all over the place, thus giving the virus a chance to jump to a new host—a kind of transmission through smearing.

Ebola (and Marburg) multiplies so rapidly and powerfully that the body’s infected cells become crystal-like blocks of packed virus particles. These crystals are broods of virus getting ready to hatch from the cell. They are known as bricks. The bricks, or crystals, first appear near the center of the cell and then migrate toward the surface. As a crystal reaches a cell wall, it disintegrates into hundreds of individual virus particles, and the broodlings push through the cell wall like hair and float away in the bloodstream of the host. The hatched Ebola particles cling to cells everywhere in the body, and get inside them, and continue to multiply. It keeps on multiplying until areas of tissue all through the body are filled with crystalloids, which hatch, and more Ebola particles drift into the bloodstream, and the amplification continues inexorably until a droplet of the host’s blood can contain a hundred million individual virus particles.

After death, the cadaver suddenly deteriorates: the internal organs, having been dead or partially dead for days, have already begun to dissolve , and a sort of shock-related meltdown occurs. The corpse’s connective tissue, skin, and organs, already peppered with dead spots, heated by fever, and damaged by shock , begin to liquefy, and the fluids that leak from the cadaver are saturated with Ebola-virus particles.

Preston, Richard (2012-03-14). The Hot Zone: The Terrifying True Story of the Origins of the Ebola Virus (pp. 106-107). Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

Let us hope that the current strain does not mutate into anything that resembles the above. The Zaire strain has a 90+% mortality rate and it kills very rapidly. If it or something like it every acquired the ability to spread via airborne means it would be "civilization altering."

EDIT: Ebola survivors are now being told to use a condom for 90 days. Can you guess why?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 11:15:07 PM by trapeze »

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2014, 10:23:35 PM »

In 1988 the US Army underwrote a massive investigation of Kitum Cave that involved studying tens of thousands of samples...insects, excrement, soil samples, water samples, air samples...the researchers attempted to infect live monkeys by putting their cages all throughout the cave, etc. In essence they sampled everything that they could think of. They found nothing.

Okay, can we  accept the tinfoil hats on our heads and read between the lines here?

Which leads us to where we are today. We currently have an ebola outbreak that has a relatively low mortality rate. That's both good and bad. It's good that only about half of the victims die. But because it has a lower mortality rate it is able to spread in a more persistent manner: This time the outbreak isn't ending quickly. It is demonstrating "staying" power. In this way it is like HIV. HIV is a permanent fixture of humans because it takes so long to kill its victims. It is entirely possible that this current strain of ebola will NOT burn out and/or fade away. Not in the third world, anyway.

Gee, its almost as if someone found something in the wild, played with its genetic code, and lo and behold, made it into what most would consider to be a bio-weapon. 

And let's add one more huge uncertainty, the completely unknown aspect of mutation. As the virus jumps from one host to another it has the ability to mutate. What those mutations can and will be no one knows. It may become airborne. It may become more or less lethal. It may become more or less easily acquired. No one knows.

A virus' host is a SINGLE living cell.  Each time it enters one there is a chance of mutation. There is a chance a mistake in replication ( brought on by a stray gamma ray or similar radiation)  will give rise to a mutation that behaves differently.   Yes it could mutate beyond its masters' ability to control. Somehow that isn't a very comforting thought - given that the people in charge are sociopaths and probably are too immoral and insane to care.

We have BOTH marburg and Ebola  surfaciing now. And a collapsing border. And ISIS. And economic trouble.  Hmm. You don't say.
Seriously, read Traps description of how effective this little pest is and tell me a human didn't make it.

Writing is on the wall folks.

Hey did you know they have the entire Classic Series of Doctor Who as a 178 GB torrent ready for download?

Gotta have something to do in the bunker..
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 10:26:57 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2014, 10:29:58 PM »
One more for this evening. Drudge had this link on his site.

Other public health officials have voiced similar assurances, saying Ebola is spread only through physical contact with a symptomatic individual or their bodily fluids. "Ebola is not transmitted by the air. It is not an airborne infection," said Dr. Edward Goodman of Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas, where the Liberian patient remains in critical condition.

Yet some scientists who have long studied Ebola say such assurances are premature — and they are concerned about what is not known about the strain now on the loose. It is an Ebola outbreak like none seen before, jumping from the bush to urban areas, giving the virus more opportunities to evolve as it passes through multiple human hosts.

Nice article which doesn't exactly mince words about the reliability of trusting the word of the "authorities" when it comes to how ebola is transmitted. They pretty much say that there is simply not enough known about the disease to issue definitive statements about it.

More...

"It is highly unlikely that someone would acknowledge having a fever, or simply feeling unwell," Beer said via email. "Not only will they probably not get on the flight — they may even be taken to/required to go to a 'holding facility' where they would have to stay for days until it is confirmed that it is not caused by Ebola. That is just about the last place one would want to go."

Liberian officials said last week that the patient hospitalized in Dallas, Thomas Eric Duncan, did not report to airport screeners that he had had previous contact with an Ebola-stricken woman. It is not known whether Duncan knew she suffered from Ebola; her family told neighbors it was malaria.

The potential disincentive for passengers to reveal their own symptoms was echoed by Sheka Forna, a dual citizen of Sierra Leone and Britain who manages a communications firm in Freetown. Forna said he considered it "very possible" that people with fever would medicate themselves to appear asymptomatic.

It would be perilous to admit even nonspecific symptoms at the airport, Forna said in a telephone interview. "You'd be confined to wards with people with full-blown disease."
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 01:29:22 AM by trapeze »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2014, 10:41:27 PM »
Gee, its almost as if someone found something in the wild, played with its genetic code, and lo and behold, made it into what most would consider to be a bio-weapon.

I am very skeptical of that scenario.

Remember that this emerged in the mid seventies and to the best of my knowledge we had just about zero capabilities of engineering/altering (let alone creating) a sub-cellular particle at that time. The computing power, alone, did not exist at that time and has only recently been available for that kind of work.

Also remember that a virus isn't a living organism that can be "bred." It is merely a string or clump of protein molecules that has the ability to attach itself to the outside of certain living cells and then penetrate whereupon it then hijacks the cellular machinery to make copies of itself. One of the things that makes ebola especially bad is that it can attach itself to nearly any human cell.

These facts seem to me to make human tampering with it (up until very, very recently) highly unlikely. And the real (original) thing is certainly bad enough.

EDIT: One more thing...ebola research has most certainly not been the exclusive domain of governments and the Army. There are far too many very knowledgeable people in the fields of epidemiology and virology to allow for a successful conspiracy.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 10:45:29 PM by trapeze »

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2014, 11:36:43 PM »

I am very skeptical of that scenario.

Thats fine. Lets address the skepticism.

We have reached a stage of technology where teenagers can build gene sequencers in their basement.

So how many years has the military with billions in black dollars at their disposal had the ability to do so?

The first Gene synthesis was in 1972

PCR has been around since 1983

Marburg was "discovered" in 1967
Ebola was "discovered" in 1976

Yes they have have had LITERALLY over 30 YEARS to work with Ebola and Marburg to turn them into weapons.
Did they succeed 10 years ago?
4 months Ago?
Does it matter?

I suspect that they had a sufficient bio weapon years ago.
The trick was having a vaccine and a cure.

A cure  for Ebola was discovered in 2012
A vaccine was discovered about the same time

People willing to kill some 5 Billion aren't going to worry about "human trials" which is why there have been constant outbreaks of Ebola and Marburg in Africa.

How about MK-Ultra and the long history of US Bio-weapons reasearch?
And for whistle-blowers in the field, how about Garth Nicholson?

Dr. Garth Nicolson - Weaponized Mycoplasmas

Now lets talk about the "mutations"

Using genetic sequences from current and previous outbreaks, the researchers mapped out a family tree that puts a common ancestor of the recent West African outbreak some place in Central Africa roughly around 2004. This contradicts an earlier hypothesis that the virus had been hanging around West Africa for much longer than that.The data, on the whole, supports what epidemiologists have already deduced about how the virus spread into Sierra Leone. More than a dozen women became infected after attending the funeral of a traditional healer who had been treating Guinean Ebola patients and contracted the disease.

One surprise from the paper is that two different strains of Ebola came out of that funeral. This suggests that either the healer was infected with two different strains or that another person at the funeral was already infected.

Got that?
READ. BETWEEN. THE. LINES
Seriously. Two PEOPLE. at the same Funeral. Infected with TWO DIFFERENT STRAINS. In ONE YEAR.  2004.

And then there is this helpful graphic in the same article.

This keeps popping up. Notice the DIFFERENT survival rates.  Almost as if someone was testing different strains  in order to find one that will kill quickly,but not too quickly.

Year, after year after year.  But this year. The year our Southern Border collapses.  The Year ISIS retakes Iraq. The year that Obamacare really kicks in.  This year is the year Ebola ( and Marburg!)  break free.

You are welcome to be skeptical Trap.  I respect you and your opinion.
But the pile of co-inky-dinks has gotten too great for me.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 11:40:22 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2014, 01:14:46 AM »
Personally, I think that the real danger to us all (and by that I mean the human race) is that we are, collectively, too stupid to survive.

Our entire gene pool is literally in one basket of eggs, the Earth. We have been able to establish off planet colonies since the early seventies and yet, here we are, still on the same rock waiting for something to literally wipe us out. The USA, arguably the most technologically advanced country in the entire world, does not even have a functional manned space program anymore.

Example the stupid: I don't know if this link is true or BS but I am inclined to believe it is true. At the link are alleged pictures of the "isolation" ward in Spain.

Anyway, despite the info that you have cited in your post I am still skeptical. Why? Because it implies that someone or many someones is/are putting themselves and their progeny at risk for some nefarious goal. That, for me, defies logic. It would be similar to some person or power having the ability and will to steer a planet-killing asteroid or comet at the Earth's surface (for reasons unknown), shrugging their shoulders and saying, "I'll take my chances while my plan is brought to its conclusion." To me that is a stretch.

Obviously, in the world of possibilities, it is a possible thing. Is it a likely thing? I'm skeptical.

But I have in recent years (the fall of 2008 seems to be the kicking off point) come to have great faith in the overall stupidity of a majority of people. We elect people who do very, very stupid things. And these elected people are, by all available evidence, very stupid themselves. Sure, they can't all be Sheila Jackson Lee but they are far from smart and have little to no acquaintance with common sense. And yet, we elect them. The electorate seems unable to connect the dots between their own suffering and the overlords that they elect. We didn't used to be this way. But a majority of us are dazzlingly stupid now and there seems to be little chance for that trend to reverse itself.

No, we are just too stupid to live and that's the big problem from where I view things.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2014, 07:00:52 AM »
Somehow the link between the stupid and the scary seems entirely man-made.  I for one am not to inclined to dismiss Weisshaupt's fears in any way, given everything that has happened in the past and everything that is happening now with greater and greater frequency...it would be foolish to not consider the insane, the unthinkable and the preposterous as entirely possible and perhaps even probable.  As with all such things not having all the pieces or not aligning the pieces we think are correct in the proper order may lead to incorrect conclusions, but considering and discussing the possibilities is beneficial for all.

To bottom-line this, there is no way one can fully protect oneself and ones family from everything, and evil people know that...like the idiots who put those stupid "Guns are banned from this building" signs up...the crop of diseased leadership we have has been allowed to put up every stupid sign conceivable on our nation!  The "We enforce immigration laws" and "We don't allow the diseased to enter our nation" signs were sh*t-canned years ago! 

Time will tell where this story and all the others end...if anybody is left to record it...

Seems like the race to the drain just keeps picking up speed...

God help us.

ETA - Holy Guano, Batman!  You see Drudge's graphic this AM?!

http://www.drudgereport.com/

It is there to plug a NY Slimes piece about Dem's treating the POSOTUS as toxic waste...like Ebola...but it fits the open borders/free Ebola access to America policy of the SCoaMF just as well!

And this is probably too close to reality to chuckle too long...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-07/artists-impression-how-americans-perceive-government-ebola-statements
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 07:37:19 AM by Libertas »

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2014, 07:53:17 AM »

Anyway, despite the info that you have cited in your post I am still skeptical. Why? Because it implies that someone or many someones is/are putting themselves and their progeny at risk for some nefarious goal. That, for me, defies logic. It would be similar to some person or power having the ability and will to steer a planet-killing asteroid or comet at the Earth's surface (for reasons unknown), shrugging their shoulders and saying, "I'll take my chances while my plan is brought to its conclusion." To me that is a stretch.

Group think is a powerful thing  They may have convinced themselves that their vaccines will protect them. After all this is being brought to you by people who are convinced that Utopia is just around the corner if we all "believe in hope and change" and that "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor"
Rational thought is NOT a highlight of the leftist world view. Yes it defies logic because defying logic is what LEFTISTS DO.
They don't plan ahead. They don't think too hard about consequences.  They rely on wishful thinking.  And you can bet they have a bunker prepared if something goes wrong. That may not work of course, but if they believe it will, that won't bother them. .

Do you really think the people in charge are any smarter than those portrayed in Dr. Strangelove?

We all hoped that they weren't this evil and stupid, but the evidence is suggesting otherwise. This outbreak happening now  isn't coincidence  just like 50 Hard drives at the IRS failing at the same time isn't coincidence. The likely-hood of an event isn't in question AFTER its happened.  We have EBOLA patients- DELIBERATELY ALLOWED into the country and went  where? ALL OVER.  Miami, Nebraska, Chicaco, Dallas.... Not  a quarantine ship in the bay. Yes they could just be that stupid. Or they could be that stupid and have an agenda.  We will know soon - If the outbreak in the United States results in road blocks and martial law you will have your answer. Mind the actual spread of the contagion can be small - as long as it generates the required panic and a crisis they won't let go to waste.

No, we are just too stupid to live and that's the big problem from where I view things.

And what if our overlords feel the same way? Its not like the Eugenicist bent in the Obama Administration ( and those most likely to be pulling its strings)  is a secret.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 07:58:27 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2014, 10:27:52 AM »
The Ebola patient in Dallas has died.  Just got a notification from a news app on my phone.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola-virus-outbreak/texas-ebola-patient-thomas-eric-duncan-has-died-hospital-says-n221141
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2014, 11:30:11 AM »
Well, that means at best those he came into contact with have maybe a week or two to live...

I imagine that kind of news would want to be supressed by the PTBs...unless a panic is what they desire to start...

And is this "48" number accurate for the total who may have come in contact with this guy?  The fact that hundreds are typically on an overseas flight screams "Hell, No!" to me!

ETA - Well heck, that didn't take long...

Racist twit Sheila Jackson Lee hints at racism behind not treating Duncan...

http://weaselzippers.us/201950-sjl-death-of-ebola-patient-who-came-here-knowing-he-had-virus-a-tragedy-hints-he-was-delayed-treatment/

...I guess that would be the racist Obama's racism at work, eh, Poophead?!

::mooning::

Stupid pig!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 11:57:58 AM by Libertas »

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #119 on: October 08, 2014, 02:26:10 PM »
Another Ebola patient in Dallas - had contact with Duncan.

Wonderful
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson