Author Topic: Chuckie Schumers "Shield Law" Better Stay DOA!  (Read 482 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Chuckie Schumers "Shield Law" Better Stay DOA!
« on: March 27, 2014, 07:12:32 AM »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/26/Exclusive-Cornyn-Rips-Schumer-s-Media-Shield-Law

Everybody knows DemonRats never stop trying to game an advantage over everyone.

And the media silence on this is amazing and quite telling.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Chuckie Schumers "Shield Law" Better Stay DOA!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 09:52:12 AM »
What a lying reptile. You KNOW he's saying this is meant to protect journalists and their sources from government, when the reality is it is intended to codify who gets to say what, and who the government can persecute and prosecute without 1st Amendment protections.

It wouldn't surprise me at this point to learn that the revelation of NSA spying on the media and the persecution of James Rosen and his family was a deliberate prelude to offer the Leftists the justification to begin this very conversation.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 10:00:25 AM »
The only question left is how many Republicans are on board with Schumer's un-American free speech grab?  We know every last Fascist piece of trash, once referred to as a Democrat, is on board.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 10:02:26 AM »
What a lying reptile. You KNOW he's saying this is meant to protect journalists and their sources from government, when the reality is it is intended to codify who gets to say what, and who the government can persecute and prosecute without 1st Amendment protections.

It wouldn't surprise me at this point to learn that the revelation of NSA spying on the media and the persecution of James Rosen and his family was a deliberate prelude to offer the Leftists the justification to begin this very conversation.

Not a licensed  Journalist? - you get no access, no press badges, , and no whistle-blower talks to you because they KNOW you cannot protect them.
You are licensed?  Better say what we want or we pull your credential and your sources are now not protected - and you can bet that will go for any sources you had while credentialed.

Scratch a Democrat, find a fascist.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 01:28:19 PM »

In fact, I'm beginning to consider the possibility that Edward Snowden is a government operative whose mission is to "leak" information that will justify specific "responses" from government.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 01:46:29 PM »
Frankly any citizen should have the right to question government officials, and not be forced to reveal where they found out.     One does not have to be a member of the "press corps".   

It more important then ever,  since most so called journalists aren't asking the hard questions,  and in many cases are HELPING the government bury stories. 

One of the best reporters out there today doesn't even work for a media outlet,  in fact this person refuses to even id himself or herself.     This person has probably dug the deepest about Obama,  and almost connects the dots.   And did so before the election in 2008!