Author Topic: Mozilla's new CEO supports traditional marriage; liberals run for fainting couch  (Read 2723 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Why do people always make the mistake and cave into these assholes?!  What do they ever get out if it?  All it does is legitimize the bullies and spur them on to harrass more people.

Somebody needs to dress these clowns down and bust them in their sick thugish mugs!

The model is UPS, not wetting yourself and running away!

Pansies!!!   ::vafancoul::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Why Can Mozilla Have Corporate Convictions but not Hobby Lobby?
By Phillip Bethancourt, Apr 4, 2014, The Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission
http://erlc.com/article/why-can-mozilla-have-corporate-convictions-but-not-hobby-lobby

This week a well known company whose products I have used for years made national headlines. Why? They made a controversial decision based on their closely held corporate convictions in response to a national outcry. They were criticized by those on the other side who claimed that their expression of their organizational beliefs would violate the freedom of their employees and cause them harm.

No, I am not talking about Hobby Lobby. I am talking about Mozilla.

Yesterday, newly appointed Mozilla CEO Brandon Eich resigned amidst an online furor that erupted because he donated $1,000 to support California's Proposition 8 opposing the legalization of same sex marriage. Though Eich had worked for the company for years, made significant achievements in the tech field, and committed to keep his personal convictions isolated from his corporate leadership, criticisms (and even boycotts by some groups, like dating site OK Cupid) resulted in his resignation.

Isn't it interesting that many who don't think Hobby Lobby can have corporate convictions now think that Mozilla can?

The parallels between the two situations are striking. Of course, there are some distinctives between the two that keep them from being identical. But think about the similarities between them on the basis of the following assertion about convictional decision making by organizations (divided into four aspects): (1) Organizations can hold (2) closely held corporate convictions (3) that are used to make significant decisions (4) that reflect the beliefs of its leadership.

Let's think through the parallels between these two corporate situations in light of all four of aspects of the assertion above.

1. Organizations can hold:
This is an issue of ability. Can an organization, as an organization, have corporate convictions that drive decisions. It is not a question of should they hold any particular conviction(s). It is Hobby Lobby's conviction that it will not provide abortion-inducing contraceptives. It is Mozilla's conviction that they will not be led by someone who opposes same sex marriage. It is inconsistent to suggest that one organization can have a core conviction and not the other.

2. Closely held corporate convictions:

This is an issue of Identity. Notice the term is corporate conviction, not religious belief because Mozilla would likely deny that a particular religion is driving their decision. Regardless of whether an organization's convictions are explicitly based on religion, all companies have some form of corporate values. Both Hobby Lobby and Mozilla have explicitly stated core convictions. It is inconsistent to suggest that one organization can have corporate convictions and not another.

3. That are used to make significant decisions:
This is an issue of strategy. It should be expected that corporations make strategic decisions on the basis of their core values. In the case of Hobby Lobby, the decision was to oppose coverage of abortion inducing contraceptives. In the case of Mozilla, the decision was to remove a leader whose personal beliefs did not match their corporate values. It is inconsistent to suggest that it is right for one organization to make strategic decisions based on core convictions and not the other.

4. That reflect the beliefs of its leadership:
This is a question of ideology. The personal preferences of a company's leadership can, and often do, shape the corporate convictions of an organization. One of the main critiques of Hobby Lobby is that its leadership has forced its convictions onto the employees of the organization. But isn't this precisely what Mozilla has done too? How would reactions have been different if Mozilla ran off their CEO for supporting same sex marriage rather than opposing it? Mozilla chairwoman Mitchell Baker said the company failed to stay "true to ourselves" and reflect its organizational culture of "diversity and inclusiveness." In both cases, the convictions of the leadership caused the organization to make controversial decisions. It is inconsistent to suggest that it is right for one organization to make decisions that reflect the ideologies of its leaders and not the other.

Mozilla's decision has raised major concerns for those who care about freedom of religion and freedom of speech. Whether you are Hobby Lobby or your hobby is to lobby for what you believe, you must count the costs of your convictions.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Equality under the law is such a quaint latter 18th century romantic notion...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
And if you thought the Left was done, think again.

http://moonbattery.com/?p=44309

Did you think Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich’s would be the last scalp collected on behalf of homosexual militants? The liberal fascists at Slate inform us otherwise:

Some of my colleagues are celebrating. They call Eich a bigot who got what he deserved. I agree. But let’s not stop here. If we’re serious about enforcing the new standard, thousands of other employees who donated to the same anti-gay ballot measure must be punished.

More than 35,000 people gave money to the campaign for Proposition 8, the 2008 ballot measure that declared, “Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.” You can download the entire list, via the Los Angeles Times, as a compressed spreadsheet. (Click the link that says, “Download CSV.”) Each row lists the donor’s employer. …

Thirty-seven companies in the database are linked to more than 1,300 employees who gave nearly $1 million in combined contributions to the campaign for Prop 8. Twenty-five tech companies are linked to 435 employees who gave more than $300,000. Many of these employees gave $1,000 apiece, if not more. Some, like Eich, are probably senior executives.

Why do these bigots still have jobs? Let’s go get them. …

If we’re serious about taking down corporate officers who supported Proposition 8, and boycotting employers who promote them, we’d better get cracking on the rest of the list.

Remember that the people they are seeking out for destruction gave money years ago to a proposition that was passed by a majority of California voters, who were then overruled by the courts, starting with gay activist judge Vaughn Walker. Prop 8 is long dead; the liberals who control the judiciary have spoken. The explicit objective now is to hunt down people who have privately held views in the past that are currently considered inconsistent with leftwing ideology.

This isn’t about promoting homosexuality as an end in itself, or only the tiny percentage of Americans who are pushily homosexual would be driving it. This is a major battle in the Cultural Marxist war to replace America with a country where no thought crime (as defined by ultra-Left oligarchs) will be tolerated.

As you can see, anonymity is no longer an option. Neither is sitting on the sidelines. Either we fight these vermin, or they win. If they win there will be zero tolerance for anyone they deem to be ideologically incorrect, as they have clearly demonstrated.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Time to bring big guns to their knife fight...and slaughter their cowardly butts without remorse or regret!   ::machinegun::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
It makes me feel sick inside. Nothing short of death will stop these people. I wish it weren't true.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
This is the reason why I don't make legal donations to candidates - I funnel money through channels or like-kind contributions. A couple of years ago we had the faggot "marriage" sham and there were petitioners all over the place. There was a counter-proposal vying for the ballot at the same time. Well the faggots were harassing and intimidating the traditional marriage folks and generally making life miserable for them. So I got in between them and started heckling the phags until I ran them off.

They did similar things with the state database - mining it for names so that they could go to the doors of their private residences and confront them. I about lost my shyt!

I have nothing but contempt for all dims and especially the phaggy ones.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Maybe some people are starting a payback mission on libiots...maybe even some phaggy ones?!

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_25512434/?source=inthenews

::hysterical::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Maybe some people are starting a payback mission on libiots...maybe even some phaggy ones?!

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_25512434/?source=inthenews

::hysterical::

You know, a thought occurs to me. Vandalism against Leftist property could work to make insurance costs for such property skyrocket, thus making the ownership of such property untenable.

Why not? Every nature of crime is being unleashed against conservatives in the Leftist war against America. This would be relatively benign, but it would strike a blow to their lifestyle and psyche.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
If they complain, simply remind them that "all property is theft", so they shouldn't complain about damage to ill-gotten gain. Right?

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
If they complain, simply remind them that "all property is theft", so they shouldn't complain about damage to ill-gotten gain. Right?

Bwuuhaaahaaaa!!!! I lke that, throw their BS right back into their stuttering faces!   ::whoohoo::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Well, well, well....looks like the CEO of OkCupid donated to an anti gay marriage candidate a few years ago.  He should therefore be forced to step down, after all he is in violation of his own grandstanding and claims to the ethical high ground.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/04/08/oops-okcupid-ceo-caught-in-massive-hypocrisy-after-leading-the-charge-to-oust-mozilla-ceo/

- Yours Truly

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
The latest rude line I'm fond of making in public runs something like...

"I'm not necessarily against gays...I simply refuse to accept a redefinition of "marriage" to include a biological feeling akin to that of having a really good, satisfying bowel movement."

"Faggots are quickly becoming society's 'Public Enema #1!"
--Pablo de Fleurs
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 06:03:09 AM by Pablo de Fleurs »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Here we go...

::hat-tip::   -   http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=231729  via The PeoplesCube

That's about where we are going too damn quick!

ETA - And another via IMAO -

http://www.imao.us/index.php/2014/04/cartoon-of-the-day-question/
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 11:33:57 AM by Libertas »