Author Topic: No, President Obama, I will not purchase Obamacare! (and a rant too, sorry)  (Read 761 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
This piece expresses my thoughts on the nightmare of Obamacare pretty well.    The link to it is below. 

(Sorry,  some bad language in my section,  its directed at President Obama and his minions and handlers, not  the members of this forum, but this is the only place I know that I won't be censored.   The piece on Joe the plumber is PG,  well mostly)

As some of you know,  I haven't had health insurance for many years.    One of the reasons why is that I am only 40,  single and pretty healthy.   So an insurance policy is frankly a waste of my low to no income. 

The bigger reason why was there is nothing in the price range (even before this mess began) that  I would be willing (or able) to pay (though even if I was high income,  would still be loath to pay).    The reality is that all I need is a HSA (health saving account) and a very inexpensive high deductible catastrophic plan.   Like a plan for about $15 a month or less (yeah,  don't laugh).   Yes,  if we had a free market in medicine and insurance,  such a plan would be plentiful,  but in our idiotic over regulated market,  is non existent and  a bad joke. 

When your running your own small business, spending up to or over $300 a month (for one person) on something you don't need or use is something you can't do, at least not for very long.   I will use a word overused and abused by the liberal elite,  unsustainable!  That's what it is.....  Keep in mind, I am healthy with no major health issues, though this unnecessary  recession may be giving me mental problems.  Every once in a while,  for sh#ts and giggles I would check the prices on insurance....  Its only gone up and up and up!   There are fewer and fewer and fewer choices as well! 

So I did without health insurance for many years.   Never was a problem.   Could it have been, yeah,  maybe,  but it was a gamble i took,  not that I had a huge choice.   And you know what,  it worked out ok.     Doctors,  I have found, love to be paid in cash (hmmm,  I wonder if they reported it on their income taxes, I'm not going to judge).   So the few times I needed the services of a doctor,  I paid cash,  even asking for discounts (and sometimes getting pretty decent cuts in the asking price,  since they aren't spending money bugging insurance companies or the government to pay my bill in a couple months).   

So we come to this year.   I closed my failing business last year at Christmas time (the gift that keeps on giving),  after three years in the red.   I have put out over 500-600 resumes and attended a job fair in the three months since.  In spite of two college degrees,  management experience in other companies (ironically far more then the president, I might add) and running  two my of own businesses,  have gotten zero responses.   Not one response.  In three months!  Not even minimum wage jobs like MickyD's.   This job market is the worst I have ever experienced.  One must be a rocket scientist to get a job now a days it seems.   Before you tell me that I have a bad attitude or to be less of a smart ass,  you live in my shoes for three months and see what your attitude will be.   My dad noted the other day, that at this rate,  I will be out of work for at least a year or more.   I can't disagree with that statement. 

So no job means no income.   So even that non existent $15 insurance would be not very affordable.  I don't want taxpayers to subsidy something for me either, especially, since I DON'T EVEN WANT IT!    Whether it be a subsidized,  high cost,  high deductible,  "private" Obamacare plan (which would still be unaffordable) or medicaid (which really isn't a option, since my state, Indiana, doesn't want go bankrupt by expanding it).  Medicaid by the way was never intended for healthy forty year olds guys.  Good luck even finding a doctor with either of those "plans" too.

So on January 1, 2014,  I started to break the law.  Every day.  My "crime"?   Not buying insurance I don't have the money for and for something I don't even want or need.   A law,  that by the way is so unconstitutional that nobody even tries to justify its constitutionality.     I thought we lived in a free nation.   I am wrong,  we don't,,,,,  we live in a nation ruled by "busy bodies" and "know it alls" who think they can run my life better then I can run my life.   Well guess what Barry,  you have f**ked up my life and I want a divorce.    I don't remember how we got together but I need you and your minions,  OUT OF MY LIFE.  Kiss my ass,  pound sand and get the hell out of my life!! 

All I need is a decent paying job that I have the education and experience for, and let me make my own healthcare choices.   I though liberals like choices but that is a damn lie too. 

http://joeforamerica.com/2014/03/president-obama-will-purchase-obamacare/

End rant here,  back to regular forum in 3, 2, 1......

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
There are more stories like this out there all across America...and more are being created through destruction every day...I think the consolidation of this atrocity is problematic at best, which is why the Dem's are panicking and sending Barry out to spike the football while the rest duck and hide, and like Global Hoaxing they hope to declare all debate over...they want a majority of Americans to move onto the apathetic phase and be under the mistaken impression they can't do shyt to stop this...they can do plenty, they can resist, they can flood the system with junk, they can work for and support people who will fight this using every and any means!

Screw apathy!  Seize on righteous anger and act!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
I can't help but hope and pray that this sentiment multiplies exponentially. It may just take average Americans being persecuted for resistance, in order for the reality to finally sink in to some people. We need critical mass in opposition.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
makes sense to me, richb
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."