Author Topic: Mexican Ambassador: Cartels not terrorists; they're businessmen  (Read 2693 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
I really don't like the signals adding up lately indicating that the Mexican government is in bed with these terrorists.

From the Dallas news, HT: gatewaypundit...

Mexico ambassador: Our cartel leaders are businessmen, not terrorists

I wanted so badly to include some other photos with this blog item. Our files are full of the most gruesome photos imaginable. There are dismembered corpses dumped on the sidewalk. There's one of a mother and her child dead on the floor, their bodies bloodied and pockmarked by bullets. This one is the least offensive I could find while still making the point that Mexico's drug cartels are terrorist organizations.

In a letter to the editor today, Mexico's ambassador, Arturo Sarukhan , comes to the defense of these mass murdering, torturing, dismembering, bombing, beheading, kidnapping and drug trafficking organizations, arguing that they are businessmen, not terrorists. Folks, we have a first here. You will not, until now, have seen any top Mexican official actually defending the cartels to this extent. But Sarukhan, taking issue with our editorial last week in defense of a bill before Congress to put Mexico's six biggest cartels on the State Department's list of Foreign Terrorist Organizations, strongly disagrees.

Yes, they are very violent criminal organizations, he says. But "they pursue a single goal. They want to maximize their profits and do what most business do: hostile takeovers and pursue mergers and acquisitions."

Again, in their defense, he says they have "no political motivation or agenda whatsoever beyond their attempt to defend their illegal business."

So, when they kill dozens of mayors, police chiefs, soldiers, journalists, newspaper editors, businessmen, mothers, children, American visitors, immigrants, farmers, truck drivers, musicians, dancers, teachers, etc., etc., etc., we are to believe this is just business? Part of a new mergers-and-acquisitions strategy? And when they hang signs from overpasses, along with a body to punctuate their point, warning that this is their territory, not the government's, there's no political message there?

Much more @ Dallas News linked above...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 08:36:10 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Mexican Ambassador: Cartels not terrorists; they're businessmen
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 12:03:06 AM »
The same could have been said of the Mafia.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 04:39:49 AM »

In a letter to the editor today, Mexico's ambassador, Arturo Sarukhan , comes to the defense of these mass murdering, torturing, dismembering, bombing, beheading, kidnapping and drug trafficking organizations, arguing that they are businessmen, not terrorists....

So, when they kill dozens of mayors, police chiefs, soldiers, journalists, newspaper editors, businessmen, mothers, children, American visitors, immigrants, farmers, truck drivers, musicians, dancers, teachers, etc., etc., etc., we are to believe this is just business? Part of a new mergers-and-acquisitions strategy? And when they hang signs from overpasses, along with a body to punctuate their point, warning that this is their territory, not the government's, there's no political message there?

Much more @ Dallas News linked above...

No , it just means that the Son-of-a-b*tching Mexican Ambassador is scared sh*tless for his own life !

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 06:47:37 AM »
Uhh huh...those aren't US troops invading your country Mr. Ambassador, those are tourists just looking to have a good time.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 09:11:59 AM »
If you ask me, Mexico has been engaging in unconventional warfare against the US for years. The annual swarm of millions of illegal immigrants into our country is very much part of Mexican government policy.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 05:36:28 PM »
  And Cannibals are just hungry.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

hemm

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 05:42:44 PM »
Aw come on people, there not terrorists- ::jihadnanner:: -terrorists...........  

just disregard the mass graves that have been found of late.........nuttin' personal ya see.......

Oh look, something shiny  ::bashing:: ::facepalm::